Bare Escentuals (all)

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
How do MAC pigments compare to Bare Escentuals eyeshadow. For instance, there is a White Gold pigment and there is a White Gold glimmer eyeshadow. Are the finishes similar? What about application? And how do they wear?

I can't really compare those colors but I can tell you that I find MAC pigments and BE shadows very different in texture and application.
For me by the end of the day they both wear the same. I have problem keeping any loose shadow in place even with MAC paints or UD PP under them. They don't crease they just seem to spread around and become more blended.
As for the difference I find that BE has a lighter texture. Not as heavy as MAC pigments. I have a problem using BE shadows wet. They tend to apply very sheer on me. Not heavy in color like MAC pigments.

fairytale22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I can't really compare those colors but I can tell you that I find MAC pigments and BE shadows very different in texture and application.
For me by the end of the day they both wear the same. I have problem keeping any loose shadow in place even with MAC paints or UD PP under them. They don't crease they just seem to spread around and become more blended.
As for the difference I find that BE has a lighter texture. Not as heavy as MAC pigments. I have a problem using BE shadows wet. They tend to apply very sheer on me. Not heavy in color like MAC pigments.

A lot of times BE(and other mineral) stuff is much finer in texture(think sifted powder sugar) than MAC pigments, even though they usually wear sheerer.

Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan
There are several other mineral makeup companies that make foundations that are lighter than BE #1.
some good ones are www.jlynnecosmetics.com www.melangecosmetics.com and www.barefacedminerals.org and www.mineralboutique.com (pics of foundations on the mineral boutique forum on Delphi http://forums.delphiforums.com/mineralboutique/start

Thanks for the links.
smiles.gif

stacey

is BE good for oily skin? i heard that when you start to "oil" it starts to clump/wear off. is that true? i've been dying to try it but hearing things like that discourages me from using it.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacey
is BE good for oily skin? i heard that when you start to "oil" it starts to clump/wear off. is that true? i've been dying to try it but hearing things like that discourages me from using it.

I have SUPER oily skin and I can tell you it does not "clump off". I don't even have a problem with it wearing off. I use a primer from Aromaleigh under the BE but even when I don't use the primer it stays on just fine. I use this Tarte brush http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...ego ryId=5648 and it applies the BE like dream!!!
It's all about the proper application. It's very simple. Some make it more complicated but it's just about light application and going back with a concealer brush to get the areas you need to conceal. I use the regular BE foundation to conceal.

stacey

great! i can't wait to get my set. i've been looking for a good foundation/powder that is healthy for my skin and covers it also.

pink__grapefruit

I've been using Bare Minerals for a few months.

The set from Sephora is a very good deal. The brushes are great. The Flawless application brush is good if you don't have to cover anything really. The Full Coverage and the Concealer brush do wonders. I have many red spots (yes i am a teenager, and yes i do have skin problems) and it covers them up rather nicely, infact, all of my friends were suprised when i didn't have it on. Heh.

Super good deal!
smiles.gif

xquisitevietma

my skin gets really oily when i use BE. i had oily skin to begin with, but i thought BE was suppose to help it, made it a little oiler in my opinion. when i used the oil absorbers the foundation would slide around on my skin & i would end up with little patches of skin. it did help my skin out a lot though. i use to use mac studio fix before, but when i switched, everyone saw a big difference.

Beautiful1

I Love Love Love BE This Is Such An Awesome Investment And Yes My Skin Has Cleared Up Dramatically. I Have The Dark Kit Plus I Brought True And It Is Absolutely Beautiful. This Is Such An Awesome Investment And When I Wear It I Get Compliments All Of The Time. Plus I Feel Beautiful When I Am Wearing It
encore.gif

sbetsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
Has anyone tried the eyeshadows?

I have! I LOVE the glimmers - the metallic ones are so pretty (the foiling ones) - I adore true gold and white gold so so much. I also am really fond of chardonnay from the wine country collection. I have no interest in the matte ones - I'd stick to mac for those.

Alexa

sheer cover

okay so...whenever i use bare minerals, my skin would always itch like crazy. well..i got fed up with it and decided to try out Sheer Cover ( www.sheercover.com )

I'm a NW15 and it seems like the Medium kit might actually work for me! Also, so far I haven't noticed any itching and it looks a lot more matte but 'sheer' than compared to the shiny almost sparkly-ness of bare minerals.

Here's my before and after..

sheercover3ez.jpg

has anyone else tried it? i'm curious to see how other people feel about it!

aziajs

Wow. That looks really great. It covered the redness and imperfections beautifully. I saw the infomercial for this but I was dissuaded because of the lack of color selection. The black model that I saw was wearing a color that was too light for her skin but that's the only color they had for darker skin. I am so glad it's working out for you. BE isn't for everyone. I have heard that the lighter colors have a lot more irridescense than the darker ones (I'm a Warm Tan). Anyway, like I said it looks great and it doesn't make you itch! That's always a plus.
smiles.gif

Alexa

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
Wow. That looks really great. It covered the redness and imperfections beautifully. I saw the infomercial for this but I was dissuaded because of the lack of color selection. The black model that I saw was wearing a color that was too light for her skin but that's the only color they had for darker skin. I am so glad it's working out for you. BE isn't for everyone. I have heard that the lighter colors have a lot more irridescense than the darker ones (I'm a Warm Tan). Anyway, like I said it looks great and it doesn't make you itch! That's always a plus.
smiles.gif

Yess! I've been looking for something to cover the redness on my cheeks and chin for like..3 years!

Oh btw! They just came out with a darker color in the Sheer Cover foundations. If you ever feel like straying from BE, that is
winks.gif

user3

It looks great on you Alexa!

I am happy it works for someone. After about a week of me using it I had major breakouts and my oily skin started to peel. It was really strange. I stopped using it for 2 weeks and tried again. Same thing happened again. (not trying to rain on your parade)

I am really happy it works for you! You look great...as always!
Going by the before pick you have been blessed with great skin to start off with you lucky gal!

jeanna

i've tried it and i liked it, but it wasn't the greatest on me. if my results were as great as yours looks, i would have kept using it! looks great on you
smiles.gif

Tabitha

Wow...the Sheer Cover looks great on you! r/o

As far as coverage, it was fine, but the lightest shade (Bisque) was a tad too dark for me. For those who might be interested, I would say Sheer Cover Bisque is comparable in color to BE Fairly Light 1.2

wow this is really cool feedback about this product, i been meaning to try this. I hate the feel of liquid foundation on my face..so something light would be nice. Just gonna have to order this online now.