Bare Escentuals (all)

AlliSwan

I swore off the mineral veil for awhile because I didn't see the point of the extra step, but I find it makes you look more polished, and if anything, a bit more dewy! I was looking kinda powdery with just the foundation, but the tinted mineral veil peps me up.

Jennifer Mcfly

I bought this kit b/c I wanted everything in it. I'm glad I did b/c I use everything I got. The foundations are smaller then the single regular ones, but it's worth getting this kit if it's your first time using the product. I love mine and I'll never use any other foundation.

Ada

Thanks for all the replies!

Yeah I think I'm going to go ahead and get the kit. I can't see paying more and buying the full size when I don't even know if I'll like the product or not. And I don't have any face brushes, so even if I end up not liking the foundation, I'll still have brushes I can use-- so it won't be a total waste of money.

Although... does anyone know if they sell those kits in Sephora stores? I was just going to buy it online, but there IS a Sephora store sort of near me... so if I can go in and test out the shades I'd feel much better about buying it.

honeyd

bare escentuals

sorry if this has been posted before. has/does anybody use this line? what kind of coverage does it give since its a powder as compared to liquid foundation. im thinking of asking for it for christmas but im not too sure yet. any input would be great. Thanks!

xoxo
d

lauren006

Bare minerals

Hi everyone just wanted to see if anyone has bare minerals powder and if it covers well and doesn't make you breakout so much. I really need something to cover my acne but not make it worse. Hope someone can help thanks!

Jennifer Mcfly

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...=bare+minerals

http://www.specktra.net/forum/showth...=bare+minerals

Hey Lauren, Welcome!
wavey.gif

This topic has been covered before, if you use the search engine before you post a topic you might find what you need w/o having to repeat a topic!!

Have fun!!

lovemichelle

I have acne and use it. I've recently broken out from being sick and getting my period, but when my skin is normal bare minerals covers my acne completly and doesn't make me break out anymore. My skin looks flawless with bare minerals even tho it isn't.

Jaim

I've been using Bare Minerals for awhile now, I really love it! The only downside was that it really, really dried out my skin but I found a great moisturizer that works for me.
smiles.gif

Virgo

Now that I have lost the little tan that I did have, the lightest shade of bare minerals (Fair) is too dark on me.
ssad.gif

scrapbookromance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaim
I've been using Bare Minerals for awhile now, I really love it! The only downside was that it really, really dried out my skin but I found a great moisturizer that works for me.
smiles.gif

thats interesting you say that. I'm oily in my T-zone, but in the winter especially the rest of my face gets dry and the BE makes it really dry too. it took a while to make the connection that maybe moisturizer would help (I was worried with the oily parts of my face) but then I got an oil free moisturizer. Clinique oil-free moisturizing gel and BE are now the only way i'll do my face

user3

My take on BE.
I use to own TONS of their eyeshadow but swapped it all away or gave it away. They have really pretty colors but I had a hard time getting them to stay put. This was before I was introduced to MAC paints and before UD came out with their primer potion.
If I didn't have so much e/s now I would for sure get more BE.

As for their foundation. I used it years ago and I thought that the bismuth was breaking me out but now I am rethinking it. I have been using Aromaleigh and loving it but sometimes it just looks too matte. I have started to notice that it doesn't really cover like BE did. So I took the jump and bought some more BE. Once I give it a while to see how it is doing I will give an update. I am hoping it will not break me out because I always got so many compliments when I wore it.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
My take on BE.
I use to own TONS of their eyeshadow but swapped it all away or gave it away. They have really pretty colors but I had a hard time getting them to stay put. This was before I was introduced to MAC paints and before UD came out with their primer potion.
If I didn't have so much e/s now I would for sure get more BE.

As for their foundation. I used it years ago and I thought that the bismuth was breaking me out but now I am rethinking it. I have been using Aromaleigh and loving it but sometimes it just looks too matte. I have started to notice that it doesn't really cover like BE did. So I took the jump and bought some more BE. Once I give it a while to see how it is doing I will give an update. I am hoping it will not break me out because I always got so many compliments when I wore it.

I just looked at the Aromaleigh website. How are there blushes and stuff? I will stick to BE foundation, but I love blush and would try Aromaleigh's.

user3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
I just looked at the Aromaleigh website. How are there blushes and stuff? I will stick to BE foundation, but I love blush and would try Aromaleigh's.

I've only tried one cream and one powder. I really like them both. The cream is very nice. Not greasy at all.

lovemichelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap2it
I've only tried one cream and one powder. I really like them both. The cream is very nice. Not greasy at all.

I don't like cream blushes only powder.

pale blue

I read some reviews on MUA, is it really that shimmery like some people complain of? I'm tempted to plunk down $60 for the kit, but I don't want a face full of shimmer :confused: