Bare Escentuals (all)

so_siqqq

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy*girl
i use Light right now, but have used Fairly Light previously during the winter months, sometimes mixed in with Light. after i bought the kit (sometime in february) i got Fairly Light at first in the regular size, then as summer came along i went one shade darker to Light. hope that helps you
smiles.gif

Thanks, sassy*girl. I'll probably get both , fairly light and light, and experiment.

jenjunsan

I am a long time user of Bare Minerals and a MAC addict, so I think I can be pretty unbiased. Here is my take on it....Bare Minerals (here to foward BM) has excellent coverage. It is wonderful for all types of users because it can be applied from anywhere between sheer to heavy. So coverage wise, can satisfy most. The main difference I find between BM and Studio Fix (which I also use regularly) is that BM can at times seem shiney, especially if you prefer a heavier coverage, whereas Fix is much more matte, but can be too drying for some. The biggest problem I have (and I am not sure where the original poster is from) living in South Louisiana, with the heat and humidity (don't even go there with no power after Katrina :crap: ) is that BM makes my face itch severly in hot weather and I have heard many others complain of this also. So, while I must admit that I do love the look and coverage of BM, it is very uncomfortible for me in the summer, so then I use Studio Fix. I hope that helps and wasn't too terribly confusing.

Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemichelle
Has anyone tried the eyeshadows?

i love them! I don't have many of the regular eyeshadows but i love the glimmers and glimpses. they are so pretty. they may look scary to some but it goes on nice and simmery. i actually bought sex kitten at sephora today, i recommed that to anyone who's looking for a good neutral color. if you live by a be boutique you can get lots of samples which last forever.

jenjunsan

Sex kitten is very pretty, but as a fair skinned gal, it is far too dark for me! I think of neutrals more as desire and such.

Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjunsan
Sex kitten is very pretty, but as a fair skinned gal, it is far too dark for me! I think of neutrals more as desire and such.

desire is great as well, i'm medium skinned and into darker colors and wasn't thinking about others when i wrote that
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

The Difference Between...

What's the difference between Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals and this stuff

http://www.sheercover.com/index.php

I saw an Infomercial this morning for it and was wondering if anyone has ever used it. I love Bare Escentuals and was looking for a comparison between the two...

Thanks!!!

martygreene

The composition of the two products appears to be very similar, even down to the commonly skin irritating bismuth.

There are multitudes of mineral makeups, and there are subtle differances between each. The best route is to get samples of the products, and try them out.

Dreamergirl3

I actually tried Sheer Cover! Unfortunately I didnt have a great experience...it just seemed VERY chalky...and I used it a lot. It was only with the foundation/powder/mineral cover stuff that sucked for me, I loved everything else! Except the brush....I still use it if or blush only because I dont have any other face brush, but it sheds tremendously and isnt very soft. But I absolutely LOVED the moistuizer, face wash, and concealer! They were just awesome...the moisturizer was great, and I often mixed it with the mineral powder to make a tinted moisturizer. But by far my favorite was the concealer. It was two shades, lasted all damn day on me, and matched my skin perfectly. I will sorely miss it! Also, the refillable powder/brush thing is horrible...You cant really control the release of the powder so it is very messy.

I think one of the main reasons I didnt like the makeup was because i *think* the shade was a little light. But I could see it settle into my pores and build up tons no matter how much or how little I applied. Also their copy of "mineral veil" sucked...seemed like normal translucent face powder to me. I like the system though overall, a very good idea. They say to wash then moisturize your face til it absorbs. Then, apply concealer anywhere you need it. Then buff the foundation on and follow with the finishing stuff. They also say that you can mix the moisturizer with the foundation...wait, I already mentioned that! Rambling, sorry. Anyway like I said the concept was awesome and so were all the products BESIDES the foundation. Sorry to say that my first experience with mineral makeup was a bad one but I hope soon to try Bare Minerals. Actually I'm more excited to try aromaleigh products. They have very affordable samples you can order, contain no bismuth and contain small amounts of non glittery mica...not too expensive and the site is very friendly. I'll try them out before I try Bare Minerals I think (the final frontier lol!). Hope this helped some!

mac_obsession

omg lol
I bought sheer cover because it was a really good price, and Ive used bare escentuals for a long time.
I tried the sheer cover one day, and when i got home I was a bit sweaty and it like turned into a cream on my face. It was so disgusting I never touched it again. It like melded with the sweat so that I looked like I had a covering of hair or something on my face. Ew.

My friend and I bought it at the same time. She loves the concealer to death but not the foundation at all, but it comes with a refillable brush which by itself is like $20-30.

I would pass even if it was offered for free if that helps :p

so_siqqq

Brushes for Bare Minerals

I heard the BE brushes are kind of rough and shed a lot. What brush works best with Bare Minerals? I tried using a powder brush and foundation brush. The powder brush really didn't distribute evenly and the foundation brush was good for getting a lot of coverage in a certain area.

Also what's the best technique for applying Bare Minerals?

Jennifer Mcfly

I use Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals and their brushes. I don't think they feel rough. I don't have very sensitive skin though, but I like them. I haven't tried other brushes, but you can look for a Kabuki brush in other brands and it should work with the minerals.
HTH!

mac_obsession

Theyre decent brushes, and I use the ones that you're supposed to use with certain products (like bisque and the yellow brush) and a kabuki for the mineral veil etc. Ive had no problems with their brushes they're pretty nice.
smiles.gif

Jennifer Mcfly

Thanks so much! I love my Bare Escentuals minerals and will continue to stick with it thanks to you guys!!!! Thanks soooooooooo much!!!!!!
XOXO

Bubbles12_98

I was looking for the Bobbi Brown Kabuki brush when considering Bare Minerals...the Sephora lady said they had a seminar on the Bare Minerals & they really recommend to use the brushes the are exactly for Bare Minerals. She said for any other product she would say you could use any brand of brush from them, but that she really encourages to stick with the Bare mineral brushes. *shrugs* I dunno....

Susan

The best brush for applying BE is the Cat Cosmetics Kabuki. A close second is the Bobbi Brown Kabuki (Face Brush). The regular BE flawless face brushes don't give as good of a coverage, shed, and are scratchy. They are okay for finishing powder but still not recommended.

There is a great tutorial on how to apply BE here:
http://www.livejournal.com/community...w=86203#t86203

There are some great forums on Delphi too, including BE Addicts and Be Beautiful Cafe (link in my profile).