Bare Escentuals (all)

delic1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilish
i just brought the BE get started kit..... and either im doing something wrong or it doesnt live up to its name..... i buff the foundation like it says 4 layers later and i had NO coverage then i went for the mineral veil and i didnt see any diffrence am i doing wrong....is there a trick to this make up i apply my 4 layers and mineral veil this morning at 7 am its now 5pm and theres no make up on my face do you have to retouch?
th_dunno.gif

Did you prep your face first? I always put on moisturizer and a face primer before I use the foundation. It really helps it stick to your face and give nice coverage. If you have any spots on your face that needs extra attention I use the Max Coverage Concealer brush to dab on any blemishes and under the eye to give extra coverage. I also use a kabuki brush to apply my foundation and it semaes to really apply the make up really well. The Mineral Veil is a finishing powder that is to help set the make up. I use that plus Fyranniae's rice powder primer ( ~Fyrinnae~ )to give my face an oil free and silk soft finish.

mreichert

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilish
i just brought the BE get started kit..... and either im doing something wrong or it doesnt live up to its name..... i buff the foundation like it says 4 layers later and i had NO coverage then i went for the mineral veil and i didnt see any diffrence am i doing wrong....is there a trick to this make up i apply my 4 layers and mineral veil this morning at 7 am its now 5pm and theres no make up on my face do you have to retouch?
th_dunno.gif

Definitely use the concealer brush to pick up more powder- apply where you need most coverage, then buff your entire face. A good concealer is the Bisque color (or if you are darker, then summer bisque).

macmistress

Where can I get samples?

Im NC37 in MAC Studio FIx Compact Foundation And NC35 in Liquid..

Any help on what shades I should get?

Or samples?

Id really like to try some samples?

macmistress

Hi all again!

Anyone tried the rareminerals?
Here is the following link..
RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment=

Also..one thing Im confused on..is this supposed to be used as a foundation or what? or at night before you go to bed? if so it has colour..and it looks like foundation..and I findit so new and different :S

Help!

Kuuipo

You are supposed to sleep with Rare Minerals on.....and it does have some colour, so don't use a white pillowcase. Honestly, I have not used it, but it has some ggod stuff in it and is good for people who do not want to wear any makeup and just apply it on clean skin and run out the door.....

uh_oh_disco

Could anybody tell me if the BE brushes are synthetic or otherwise? I have some tapered blush brushes, but can't tell whether they're synthetic or sable. Thanks.

elektra513

New foundation shades on the website, including more for darker skins (they've realized that the trick is undertones...).

Now if they can only make different finishes. Not everyone wants to be shimmery
ssad.gif

daniellefc

Hey everyone, I'm new here and just wanted to chime in ;]

I just ordered a huge kit from QVC last night, it was their todays special thingy. i havent tried the foundation yet but i have tried a few of their eyeshadows and liner shadows, and i think they're great. The kit came w/ foundation, new tinted mineral veil, two lilac-ey purple shades of eyeshadows, one blush, one buxom lip gloss, 30 day supply of rare minerals, flawless face brush, eyeshadow brush, and a blush brush all for $49.
i dont need any more purple eyeshadows but i still thought that was pretty cheap for all of that stuff ;]
now it's only a few dollars more as the introductory price.

luhly4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellefc
Hey everyone, I'm new here and just wanted to chime in ;]

I just ordered a huge kit from QVC last night, it was their todays special thingy. i havent tried the foundation yet but i have tried a few of their eyeshadows and liner shadows, and i think they're great. The kit came w/ foundation, new tinted mineral veil, two lilac-ey purple shades of eyeshadows, one blush, one buxom lip gloss, 30 day supply of rare minerals, flawless face brush, eyeshadow brush, and a blush brush all for $49.
i dont need any more purple eyeshadows but i still thought that was pretty cheap for all of that stuff ;]
now it's only a few dollars more as the introductory price.

My mom ordered it too.. we plan on sharing a few things
thmbup.gif
I can't wait to try the lip gloss, i love the feeling of buxoms! and the color seems cute and "bubbly" I'm not a fan of BE's eyeshadows, they always seem to fall under my eye when i'm applying them, or maybe it's because I put too much on the brush.

Anyways, you'll LOVE the foundation! Great coverage, staying power is excelllllllent. I think mine is coming in on friday.. can't wait.

Hope you enjoy the kit!

daniellefc

thanks!
it seemed like a great time to just give in and get it! right now i'm using l'oreal bare naturale and i like it but i think i'll get a better look w/ be.i'm excited for the buxom too, it looks like the perfect pink gloss ;]

glam8babe

any1 in the UK... if you use BE order Lily Lolo minerals instead.. its exactly the same but like half the price

hey ladies i actually work for BE.. just an fyi- we dont go by the numbers anymore (1, 1.6, 2 etc..) we call the foundations by color name now since we have added more new deeper skin tone shades. the way the line works is by under tone, pink/rosy or yellow/golden.. the best bet is to go into a BE boutique and get color matched. I wear Fairly light, but i can wear medium beige because my skin is so rosy. initially it was a perfect match, but i want to cover the rosiness which is why i chose the fairly light, it has more yellow.

All kits and inividual products are priced THE SAME, whether its the BE boutique, ulta, sephora, or qvc. Every store carries the same basic products, its the kits and colors that change. QVC has more kits because they are so popular and have colors exclusive to them. The con about that is you get a ton of the same brushes, more mineral veil and warmth than you know what to do with, and you most times cannot find the colors in a store to replace them. The starter kits at sephora and ulta are 60 bucks. its because they come with cheaper brushes and LESS product. the kits at a BE boutique are only fifteen bucks more.. 75$ and come with a travel compact, a clear radiance, a bare vitamins skin rever upper and a kabuki ($28) vs the handi buki ($20)...

i hope this helps anyone that has questions about the line!!

on a MAC note i am SO in love with volcanic ash that i bought the last @ at nordies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh_oh_disco
Could anybody tell me if the BE brushes are synthetic or otherwise? I have some tapered blush brushes, but can't tell whether they're synthetic or sable. Thanks.

the brushes are a mix of cashmere and sable.. they also have some synthetics..

the natural haired brushes are really great IF you take care of them and actually use the Well cared for brush shampoo they sell, otherwise get ready to buy yourself a new brush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmistress
Hi all again!

Anyone tried the rareminerals?
Here is the following link..
RareMinerals Skin Revival Treatment=

Also..one thing Im confused on..is this supposed to be used as a foundation or what? or at night before you go to bed? if so it has colour..and it looks like foundation..and I findit so new and different :S

Help!

the Rare skin revival is a NIGHTTIME treatment.. ladies please dont wear this outdoors!! it has vitamins A, and C in concentrate and will burn up your pretty little faces...

just cleanse, moisturize, let your face dry, apply and sleep

personally i am allergic to it, i think its the french green clay.. but it will purge you for just a bit and you wont see real results until the 1-3 month range.. stick with it cuz it does work if you dont have an allergy to anything in it!

Cachica

I really enjoy BE! Unfortunately I've found the shadows to be hard to work with lately.. So I'm exploring MAC LOL

trammie

I've been using BE for awhile and I love it. Also I remember one time I discovered that I got the wrong color (I'm a medium beige, but I ordered Medium) when I first tried it. I called the number to see if I could exchange it and they sent me the Medium one free of charge! So i just mixed the 2 and had a perfect color for my skin. The people at BE are very nice too (at least the 1-800 number).

For those that bought the kit, is the RAREminerals full size like how you would buy at the store, or like a sample size?

Celly

Re: Bare Escentuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
I have been wanting to try this makeup, but I have to order it online, as I would have to travel a couple of hours to get to Sephora. Is anyone familiar with their colors? I am a Mac NC25, which of their shades is comparable to that?

They sell it at Target now in the makeup section. For only $39.99

Re: Bare Escentuals

I don't know much about the mac foundation colors.. I do know BE colors though.. If you want any BE I have a LOT of eyeshadows, facecolors, blushes, OMG I have a LOT!! I wear their foundation, blush, veil, but MAC pigments beat the "tar" out of their shadows. And alas I have 100's of BE...

BE glimmers, glimpses, and shadows WILL crease by the end of about 6-8 hours. EVEN FOILED!!! Pigments put on over a paint.. just wont crease! I wish I knew that before I bought all the BE!!! Now I know..