Bare Escentuals (all)

lobsteriffic

i just received my BE in the mail yesterday. i LOVE this stuff! normally i wear SFF so i'm used to that feeling of heavy liquid on my face. but with the BE it doesn't even feel like i'm wearing makeup! my face is so soft and it's glowy without being shiny.

after a couple of hours my nose does get a bit oily, but i have a quite oily t-zone and have just accepted that this is going to happen with most any product and touch up with some blot powder.

also, i am a NC15 and the fairly light shade (1.2) of BE is a near perfect match.

xsnowwhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearnotsomuch
BE does offer the foundation in Fair which is lighter than fairly light, I just don't think it is available with the kit.

yeah fair is definitely lighter than fairly light, thats the shade i use. I wish it came in a kit w/ fairly light because i could easilly wear that shade in the summer but they dont make a fair kit
ssad.gif

glam8babe

Here in the UK mineral makeup is quite hard to purchase, especially where i live in a small town with no decent stores nearby... my best friend used to have really really bad acne i mean like really bad she couldnt find any makeup to cover it, anyway her mother just bought her a Sheer Cover kit [£60 - about $120 US] so kinda expensive, her skin looks amazing and not a spot in sight, seriously i didnt think mineral makeup could be soo good but now i know! She said she would lend me the catalogue so i can order the set but i really would prefer Bare minerals as its more popular and cheaper, i dont think £60 is worth it plus the mineral makeup itself is in tiny tiny little pots so it wouldnt last, she also got cleansing lotions etc. which would probably f*ck up my skin, a makeup palette which looks like something from a little girls makeup set [think bright blue eyeshadow and red smudged lips] the brushes look absolutly a pile of sh*t so yeh i found a nice lil UK website www.glowgirl.co.uk that sells BM foundation for £20 [other places sell it for £24+] and the mineral veil is only £15 which is normally £24+ too! i cant wait to order it =) ohh and i think im gunna get the MAC buffer brush because i swear by MAC brushes - i wouldnt trust no other.

majacat

Breakouts from my i.d Bare minerals

I bought the Bare minerals cause i heard that it was good for your skin and it looked great.. I agree on the looking great part, but i seem to break out REALLY much.. i've been allergy tested and im not allergic to anything.. So my question here is do any of you girls had major break outs with the Bare minerals?:confused::confused::confused:

pumpkincat210

Re: Breakouts from my i.d Bare minerals

i have. The second i put it on my face started to itch and burn. So i don't use it obviously, but i've heard it breaks out other people too.

oh man.. i have the most sensetive skin ever and i use BE. i have heard of it on other boards though!!

majacat

it doesn't hurt i just get really unclean skin and normally i only get a zit once a month or so..

BellaGemma

This product made my face itch as well. Don't know why- too bad b/c I liked the way it looked =(

aziajs

It's funny because my skin actually becomes clearer when I use BE. I have heard people say that it causes breakouts, though.

Love Always Ivy

alot of people are allergic to the bismuth in it.
i learned that BE is really hit or miss. i used to use it and it would look great but id break out along my jawline really bad and if i sweated even a little, my whole face would itch uncontrollably

nightseye

My friend also broke out with the Bare Minerals. She uses the Mac powder foundation and Every Minerals now and it works fine for her.

frocher

I have heard using the mineral veil first, then the bm, and lastly the mv again can help with the itching. This "sandwiching" supposedly keeps the itching at bay. I haven't tried it though.

righteothen

I use a brand of mineral makeup that doesn't have bismuth in it, so i don't know about the itching/breakouts personally, but I have heard about it. The causes, from the people that i've talked to, are either a) the bismuth oxycholoide, or b) the kabuki brush (which can cause micro scratches in people with sensitive skin, or people who press too hard. These scratches then get infected, causing a breakout.).

The best advice I can give is to try a different brush (if you're using the kabuki), and if that doesn't work, change formulas.

sitasati

i.d Bare minerals

I had to return my BE kit. I had huge horrible looking zits from it. I had to go to a derm to get some acne meds. My face is finally clear now...after like 3 months of non use. My acne scars looked like burns...I'm afraid to use anything on my face now I just put on eye makeup and lip stuff.
weeping.gif

majacat

Quote:
Originally Posted by righteothen

The best advice I can give is to try a different brush (if you're using the kabuki), and if that doesn't work, change formulas.

Ill try that.. :-D

ambidextrous

My faced itched when I wore it yesterday... but didn't think it was the makeup... will try again to verify. would be too bad since the finish is nice : /

entipy

I've heard it breaks out a lot of folks. If trying the new brush doesn't work, you might want to consider another mineral company. My two favorites are MAD Minerals and Everyday Minerals. Also, I've been hearing really good things about Monave's foundations recently.

Good luck!!

tadzio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
I have heard using the mineral veil first, then the bm, and lastly the mv again can help with the itching. This "sandwiching" supposedly keeps the itching at bay. I haven't tried it though.

hmmm this sounds interesting. I looked at the ingredients and mineral veil doesn't have bismuth oxychloride - which is in bare minerals foundation.
Since busmuth oxychloride is the cause for itching in some people (thankfully I don't have this prob), doing the sandwich method might theoretically help people with itching issues.

glam8babe

i just got my Bare minerals foundation [light] and mineral veil this morning and i tried it out because im having my driving lesson soon so i always put makeup on lol anyway its AMAZING! i didnt think it would make MY skin flawless and perfect looking, i have a few blemishes on my skin, i have redness, i have tonnes of freckles and this foundation has covered EVERYTHING, i looked in the mirror in the bathroom with the natural light hitting through the window and it is absolutly flawless, seriously i didnt think it would have made me look like almost perfect. It feels like im not wearing foundation, i can't see any of my blemishes, any redness and my freckles are nowhere to be seen. its not that i hate my freckles, i just think i look better without them because it makes my skin look better and brighter IMO. it hasnt made me itch, it hasnt made me look orange, it hasnt made my pores look like craters its just PERFECT. before using this i tried soo many foundations, clinique, mac, chanel, maxfactor, maybelline, No7, Rimmel etc and they were basically f*cking up my skin and they didnt even make my skin look half as perfect as bare minerals. Im so happy now because im starting beauty school in about 2 weeks and i need something that looks amazing, lasts all day and looks natural and this is THE product. i've never had flawless looking skin since i was about 12/13 and i hope this helps clear up my blemishes etc. i recommend this to anybody, any age, any skin colour, any skin condition, any skin type. god im blabbering on now