Bare Escentuals (all)

EmbalmerBabe

Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover What is Better?

Sheer Cover does not have very many shade choices,
I have yet to try either so I am stumped
on what to try
hmm.gif

Skeeta

Re: Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover What is Better?

I've heard that sheercover is awful. I havent heard one good review about it.

Bare minerals is very good, but there are other mineral brands that have MANY more shades - like everydayminerals - and you can order samples to get your perfect match.

entipy

Re: Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover What is Better?

I've never tried Bare Minerals, but I didn't care for Sheer Cover at all. I've heard lots of people switched from BM because it irritates their skin. Like Skeeta said, there are lots of other mineral companies with more shades and from which you can get free samples.

I use Everyday Minerals. (www.everydayminerals.com) I've also heard good things about Meow (www.meowcosmetics.com), but they have SO many shades to look over, it's a bit daunting!

entipy

Re: BareMinerals and breakouts

Hi nTrain. I've heard a lot of folks say BM does this to their face. Some folks switched from them to Everyday Minerals. That's what I use. Those who switched seem to really like it. (www.everydayminerals.com)

You could also check out Meow Cosmetics, Lumiere, Signature Minerals, Ocean Mist. There are tons of mineral make-up companies out there. Just Google any of those I listed, and you can find their sites.

Good luck!

entipy

Re: Allergic reaction to BE... help?

I've heard so many similar statements about BE/BM. There are lots of alternatives.

Everyday Minerals
Meow Cosmetics
Lumiere
Signature Minerals
Ocean Mist
Pure Luxe

Tons of others I don't even know about. LOL. I use Everday Minerals - I know they give free samples - you just pay shipping. The others, I don't know about.

xiahe

has anybody tried their "well rested" concealer? it's supposed to minimize discoloration around the eye area as well as hide dark undereye circles.

i haven't tried their foundation yet, but i really want to...i'm just afraid that it'll break me out. i have sensitive, acne prone skin (mostly in my t-zone and in my cheeks). is the foundation oil-free? and has anyone found it to accentuate flakiness? my skin is combination (oily in the t-zone and dry to comfortable in the cheeks...during the winter time it's mostly dry but i still stray away from product that aren't oil-free!) and at the moment i only use some powder...but even when i put on some moisturizer (i use clinique's dramatically different moisturizing gel...maybe i'm not putting on enough??) and i use my powder in my cheeks, it accentuates the flakiness. my t-zone however is fine. has anyone experienced this with BE foundation?

boudoir

You know what's weird? I ordered some Everyday Minerals samples and got a bad reaction as well... I use a soft brush too (182) so I guess mineral makeup is just not for me... Pity though the first few times my skin looked awesome :-(

Emily_3383

Alot of people say its bismuth, fortunately im not irritated by it but i dont use BE anymore.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by boudoir
You know what's weird? I ordered some Everyday Minerals samples and got a bad reaction as well... I use a soft brush too (182) so I guess mineral makeup is just not for me... Pity though the first few times my skin looked awesome :-(

Other things to consider are mica (different brands use different types and amounts, so you still may be able to find a brand that works for you) and whether you may have a problem with animal hair brushes. I have very sensitive skin and can't use animal hair brushes like the 182. I use Alima mineral make-up with the Alima 25 foundation brush or the Aromaleigh Silky Smooth Taklon Kabuki. Both of those brushes are synthetic taklon, are very soft, and give me no trouble. When I first tried Alima with my Cat kabuki or the MAC 182 my skin didn't like it.

user79

Try Alima, BE irritated my skin as well, but Alima does not. If that doesn't work either, it could be the mica that is causing the reaction, not the bismuth.

jenii

I would also suggest trying Alima. That's the brand I use, and it's great.

I don't remember if BE irritated my skin, but the damn bismuth made me look shinier than a disco ball, so I hated it.

MisaMayah

BE expired foundation!!! help please

I bought 2 Bare Minerals foundations last year and haven't even used them yet. I was looking at them yestereday and saw an expiry date on them 05/07. Is it still safe to use?

I wonder why they have an expiry date?

astronaut

Re: BE expired foundation!!! help please

It's in regards to the SPF in it and I believe it wouldn't hurt you to use it. The SPF in minerals isn't supposed to ever expire but they have to put a date on there because they are required to, is what I've heard, not sure if it's true.

jenii

Mineral makeup's shelf life is basically indefinite. It doesn't go bad, it doesn't expire. The SPF in it is titanium dioxide, which is a physical sunblock, not chemical. Mineral makeup doesn't harbor bacteria (unless you get it wet or something), which is why it doesn't expire.

I'm thinking BE does that so you'll have to buy the foundation more often, but I know Alima doesn't put expiration dates on their makeup, nor do any other MMU company I've bought from.

yumemiru

BE lose powder eyeshadow as eyeliner?

is it possible? the MA did it on me and i guess i was in a hurry i didn't ask her what she used together for it to be a liner... ( don't ask me why). i drove almost half a hour to shop at Greatlakes mall in US ( from canada) and dropped by Ulta the first time in my life, fell in love, but had to go home earlier than expected. So do i use mixing medium? glycerin or just water or what? i'm so confused, this is my first mineral make up and the MA was insistant, almost rude in a way.
ssad.gif

thenovice

Re: BE lose powder eyeshadow as eyeliner?

Well- i've done it. I mix with a bit of water. You can always make your own glycerin/water mixture as your mixing medium. 1 part glycerin, 2 parts water. Its a bit hard to get the level of mix with the shadow right. Its more of a guess and check thing- and it dries fast. But, give it a shot!

thenovice

It could be from the SPF. I've never thrown mine out by the date- no problems.