Bare Escentuals (all)

cynpat2000

Re: Bare Minerals/Essentials sample kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JULIA
Nevermind the sample kit. I found it, but it was for a completely different brand.

Anyways, I am interested in buying this http://www.sephora.com/browse/produc...eg oryId=5737

Should I? Keep in mind that I haven't tried anything from this brand before.

If you do get it and decide that you dont like it you can always take it back.
But bare escentuals has the ingredient bismuth oxychloride that some people have a reaction to. itching , ive heard of breakouts.
Everydayminerals on the other hand doesnt have it and they let you try free samples , you only pay shipping costs .

leenabutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by genna_xo
I just recently ordered BE foundation (the kit they always show advertisement for). Does the concealor actually cover up acne. I get small acne that isn't really bumpy, but gets a tad red/pink sometimes. Will the make-up cover it?

Yes it will cover it up
smiles.gif
In fact, I'm not sure if it covers "bumpy" acne well. I use the foundation to cover my scars and it covers it pretty dang well so I'm sure that the concealer will do an even better job at it
smiles.gif

tadzio79

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvme4me
is anyone a member of the eyeshadow club?

I am!!!
I just got the winter kit in the mail over the weekend, it consisted of bare skin glimmer, cocoa eyeshadow, and peaceful glimpse.
clap.gif

the price is very good imho, came out to around $25 including shipping. HTH!

tadzio79

I'm a fellow BE user. Got the kit you're talking about from Sephora (i'm medium beige).
I'd suggest going in to Sephora and have a MUA apply BE on you if it's close by. That way you can see if you get a good color match, and see if you get any adverse reactions (by the end of the day) before you actually purchase the whole kit.

EDM has quite a following also, and heard good things of.

tadzio79

Re: A new BE brush

MAC 182 is LOVE!!!!
it's much softer and dense, and buffing it on your skin feels so heavenly! I also use Fix+ with it, spray about 2-3 pumps, swirl on the minerals (no need to tap), then buff it in. get much more coverage.

I highly recommend it!!!

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadzio79
MAC 182 is LOVE!!!!
it's much softer and dense, and buffing it on your skin feels so heavenly! I also use Fix+ with it, spray about 2-3 pumps, swirl on the minerals (no need to tap), then buff it in. get much more coverage.

I highly recommend it!!!

Ditto, ditto, and ditto. This is EXACTLY what I do and I can't imagine EVER going back to a BE brush (even Bobbi Brown's doesn't compare in terms of softness).

daisydeadpetals

I totally agree, the 182 is the best brush for mineral makeup. It's sooo soft! I love it!!

I hate BE's brushes, before I got the 182, I used their flawless face brush and it is so rough on your skin, it hurts! In went straight in the trash
smiles.gif

daisydeadpetals

I have used both BE and Everyday minerals and I have to say, I prefer everday minerals. The color selection is much better and it's much cheaper. The lightest BE color (fair) is too dark for me, so I was very happy to find a good match at EM. They also have several formulas (matte, original glow, semi matte etc) to choose from, which is nice when you don't want to glow.

I highly recommend at least trying the sample kit!

TM26

Do you need Mineral Veil?

I just started using BE, and am still trying to get the hang of it. However I do like it better than other foundations I have tried. I have teh foundation in Fair, but am wondering if I should get the mineral veil as well. My coloring is NW15 (in MAC) and I would say I have combo skin, but more dry than oily. Does it help with the coverage? Thanks
smiles.gif

LMcConnell18

Re: Do you need Mineral Veil?

no it doesnt help with the coverage...
all it is is really light powder.
it sets the foundation, and since be is kinda orangey on lots...
it dulls the color since it is so faint and sheer.
hope it helps!
smiles.gif

..kels*

IMO it doesn't add any coverage. it works like a blot/finishing powder. i use it to get rid of the oilies in my t-zone. i prefer MAC's loose blot powder over mineral veil because it's not as heavy/cakey. i think if you have dry skin it's not really necessary. HTH.
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

Definantly just a finishing powder. I always put it on last when I am done with all my makeup application. I like to put a little under my eyes to set my concealer once again.

thelove4tequila

Thanks! I just ordered the 182 brush (couture) on saturday. I can't wait until it gets here. Also thinking about trying the fix+ thingy! Sounds interesting.

thelove4tequila

Agreed, try the sample for EDM. I ordered my sample a week ago and thinking about switching from BE to EDM. Hey it's less than $4! Can't go wrong with that!

d_flawless

i use it to tame the shine because without it, i'm a mess...

but it works well to mattify the eye area before e/s base as well.

mbee

I would use the mineral veil during the summer when I have more of a tan. The darker mineral foundation had more of a shimmer in it and it would make me look like an oily mess instead of glowly tan, so I used for a more matte finish. During the winter when I am pale as a ghost, I use the MV as more of a blot/finishing powder.

retrokitten

Some use a mineral veil sandwich - MV, then foundation, then MV again. They claim this makes their MU last longer. I don't personally do this.

I think MV is fantastic for setting MU and giving a soft-focus look . . . and I say this even after turning away from BE's foundation (I developed an allergic reaction to it after a year!).