Bare Escentuals (all)

kimmy

i was just wondering the same thing! i want to try it, but it's way too expensive to buy the actual thing and then decide you don't like it
ssad.gif

noahlowryfan

the boutique is going to be opening soon at the mall that i used to work at so i'm going to go there when it opens. hopefully, it will open on the first day the extension of the mall opens.

Char1986

All Over Face Colors from BE

I used Glee, Clear Radiance, and sometimes Warm Radiance...but I have never seen or tried Bare Radiance. The color looks nice from what I can see on eBay, but there's no closeups....does anyone have a picture of it or can tell me if it will look nice on my Fairly Light skin? Thanks!

sadeyes32

I've jumped onto the Bare Minerals band wagon and bought the kit tonight from Sephora. Also scored a free mini Dior mascara too! I was debating about trying it for so long because my skin is very dry and sensitive. I thought using BM would make it look very flaky. I currently use Clinique, but after the trial run of BM tonight, I'm very satisfied with it. I also have many acne scars and blemishes on my cheeks. BM covered them all up pretty well. Yay, I'm happy.
smiles.gif

eye_pr0mise

recommendation ??

okay so do you guys truely recommend bare escentuals?? i mean i have oily skin and lots of blotchy red marks, and my skin is sorta discolored in some areas. i see the infomercials every morning and i wanna get it but i dont know if its good for me.. suggestions or comments ??

eowyn797

i say you get yourself down to a Sephora and have them put it on you. spend a day wearing it and see how it feels to you. BE was not my cup of tea becuase the Bismuth in it made me itch like mad (i use Everyday Minerals), but it works perfectly for other people. before you drop $60 on a kit, definitely go try it on. and ask them to give you a little bit to take home and use for a couple days to see whether your skin likes it. if it ends up working for you, the kit is a very good deal.

CandaceM

I love this foundation! I always go back to. I can't find anything that gives me the same coverage or wonderful glow. Hope it works for you!

queenofdisaster

you should try a sample kit from everyday minerals. i have tried BE before and EM is better quality for a fraction of the price. go to everydayminerals.com and they have free sample kits, all you pay is shipping, which for me was like 3.73... and you get 3 foundations a blush and a concealer.. AWESOME stuff.

Dreamergirl3

You should definately check out a BE store or drop in Sephora and have it applied on you. Go early so you can wear it as long as possible, and see what you like and don't like. Maybe you'll get tons of compliments, or your skin may be allergic. I also strongly suggest that you DO try Everyday Minerals! The 'free' sample is great (you have to pay shipping -mine was 3.50) and though the containers seem very small, you'll see that a teeny bit goes a LONG way. If neither appeals to you, there are TONS more mineral makeup companies to try. Hope you find what works for you!

valkyrie

Another EM fan here: it's the same quality (if not better) as BE, and it's a fraction of the price, plus you have a lot more choice in colors and finishes.

steponme

Everyone has different experiences with what worked for them. I recommend testing products to find the one that suits your skin. Most brands offer sample sizes (but not all give them for free)...I know you can get BE at sephora, you just pay shipping for a trial pack from Everyday Minerals, Aromaleigh offers free shipping on sample size purchases but you pay for the product. Alima and Jane Iredale are other popular brands.

CincyFan

I agree you should try before you buy. I'm an Aromaleigh wearer. It's just what works best for me. BM made me itch and I've sampled other brands but I just like Aromaleigh the best.

I've been wearing mineral foundation for the past 3+ years and I tried a liquid this summer for the heck of it. OMG, it felt horrid on my skin. While I'm sure there are good liquid foundations on the market, I couldn't imagine going back to them full time.

sandsonik

I love the look of the Bare Radiance in the jar, but find it doesn't show up that much on me for some reason. But I wouldn't worry about it looking too dark.

I love the Rose Radiance, but as a blush not an all-over face color. But then I'm generally wary of ANYTHING as an all-over face color!

rnsmelody

hey, im really intrtested in the be line. i was looking at sephora. and i dont have time to go to the store to get a match.. im a nc35 in the studio fix fluid & im chinese, but im not the light ones.. haha. do you think im a medium/beige or medium/tan. i think i should get the medium tan. what do you gals think?

also how much of the be do you get in a container? on the sephora site it is listed as 0.06 oz so its pretty small. the fluideline is 0.10 oz . do they go by weight or size? im just trying to see if im better off with the kit or just going to qvc and buy it. thanks!

rnsmelody

Help! with color choice for BE. dunno which one to choose

hey, im really intrested in the BE line. i was looking at sephora. and i dont have time to go to the store to get a match.. im a nc35 in the studio fix fluid & im chinese, but im not the light ones.. haha. do you think im a medium/beige or medium/tan. i think i should get the medium tan. what do you gals think?

also how much of the be do you get in a container? on the sephora site it is listed as 0.06 oz so its pretty small. the fluideline is 0.10 oz . do they go by weight or size? im just trying to see if im better off with the kit or just going to qvc and buy it. thanks!

i figure i posted it here for a faster response. cus no one replied back on the BE merged topic one.

genia

Hey, I'm chinese too and I'm a NC 40 in studio fix fluid and in bare minerals im medium tan.. HTH!

effboysinthebut

You're better off to but the .30 from QVC. It's called a refill, but the only reason is because it doesn't come with a brush. I just use my MAC brushes. I heard the BE brushes are horrible.

noahlowryfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by effboysinthebut
You're better off to but the .30 from QVC. It's called a refill, but the only reason is because it doesn't come with a brush. I just use my MAC brushes. I heard the BE brushes are horrible.

yes the BE brushes are horrible. it sheds a lot but the good thing about it is its soft.