Bare Escentuals (all)

dacostas4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnsmelody
hey, im really intrtested in the be line. i was looking at sephora. and i dont have time to go to the store to get a match.. im a nc35 in the studio fix fluid & im chinese, but im not the light ones.. haha. do you think im a medium/beige or medium/tan. i think i should get the medium tan. what do you gals think?

also how much of the be do you get in a container? on the sephora site it is listed as 0.06 oz so its pretty small. the fluideline is 0.10 oz . do they go by weight or size? im just trying to see if im better off with the kit or just going to qvc and buy it. thanks!

I am not familiar w/the color codes of MAC. I wish you had a pic of you posted to help out. For me I am a shade like J-lo or Eva Menendez and I use the Medium Tan & Tan. I use BE once in a while as it can sometimes make me too shiney. I have oily skin. I mostly use Everyday Minerals in Medium-Tam Semi-Matte or Matte. EM is coming out with the new deeper shades in 2 weeks! I can't wait to check them out! They are kind to my pocket as well
smiles.gif
I hope some of this helps out for you
smiles.gif

SeraphimRed

I like bare radiance. Its great just for a lil extra oomph... don't expect it to show up a great deal but its going to help with a lil glow. hth

freaksinunif0rm

Mineral Veil.

I love being matte...

but it tends to make me look dark and dull...

I don't wear foundation but I wear concealer...and I'm planning to give mineral veil a try (mac's select sheer loose seems to be a bit too matte for me, too). Does it make your skin glow or does it seem shiny? Does anyone have pictures? I think I'm going to BE and try it out later...

Thanks!!!

sandsonik

I was disappointed in the bare radiance. Looked lovely in the jar, didn't really show up on me. I like rose radiance, but as a blush only; I can't imagine it as an all over face color - but honestly, I'm a little scared of all over face colors anyway!

sandsonik

Has BE changed bisque?

I had a bisque sample that I always loved as a concealer for redness near my nose. I finally bought a full size jar and it just seems different - a pinkier color, harder to shake the grains through the sifter. Worst of all, it seems to make my pores look ginormous! I never had this problem with bisque before. Anyone else noticing a difference?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed! I just ordered another jar weeks ago because I use it as foundation. It goes on uneven and blotchy orange/pink, and it also does not come out of the sifter. I've had to bang it against my vanity and still get little product. I was actually considering removing the sifter, but now I just don't know if I can use this at all. Perhaps I'll go back to regular BE foundation.

LoriBB

Aubrey Nicole has a Mineral Veil that is so nice. Not matte, but not shiny at all - a nice glow. I love it and now they came out with a Rice Powder based finishing veil that looks really nice. Just when I thought I had exactly what I needed, I must go order more samples!! www.aubreynicole.com
Lori

MiMaWa

Re: BE Eye Quickies

There are now three eye quickies kits. They are translucent colors that show up as a shine insteclientsad of much color. When you use them wet they look ridiculous. They say you can use then over other colors but I have never had a good experience with that. I prefer them but themsleves on the browbon for interesting colors or in the inner corner to add a special pop to dramatic eyes. They come in gold/blue, green/purple, and now reddish shine over gray/ smokey medium deep navy sets. The latest set is amazing by itself and looks crazy as eyeliner. I use the gold/blue ones alot to tone lip color the right way. Best of luck!

Minx

Re: Wow (BE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_chique
is Everyday Minerals similar to BE?

Yes it is, Everyday Minerals is just another brand/company that makes mineral makeup. You can get free samples from Everyday Minerals from their website.

Bernadette

Re: Wow (BE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by super_chique
is Everyday Minerals similar to BE?

I like EM better than BE. I find EM to give me less of a shine as the day wears on. Plus it's less expensive. You should defenitely give the free samples a try
smiles.gif

thelove4tequila

A new BE brush

So I have been using BE foundation for about a year now, and I not really liking their brush. What other brushes could I use? I definantly want one that is a lot softer. How's the MAC 182 hold up? Any ideas?

genna_xo

I just recently ordered BE foundation (the kit they always show advertisement for). Does the concealor actually cover up acne. I get small acne that isn't really bumpy, but gets a tad red/pink sometimes. Will the make-up cover it?

Shawna

Re: Bare Minerals/Essentials sample kit

I moved this to the mineral makeup thread where you'll get more help. I don't know that bare escentuals does samples though. I know everyday minerals does. If you google search them, you can check them out. I know quite a few people here swear they are really good. Hope that helps
smiles.gif