Beauty of Color Tutorial Requests

Me220

Hi Everyone!! This is it. Here we ask for the tutorials we want to see, and we fulfill those requests. We test them here in a smaller sect of the community to stave off the nervousness of posting in the larger forum.

I will start by requesting a blue look. That's the hardest for me, so seeing new interpretations would be great.

I am willing to post a tutorial, but I have no idea for what, so suggestions would be appreciated.

cocoaGLAM!

Hmmm I dont know how to put this.....
I would like to see a tutorial that would make you seem to glow in a way. I have a very deep skin tone and it seems my skin looks a little on the dull side after I put on my foundation but I put on like a gold/bronze color as eyeshadow and that brings some life to my face. How do I put some more "life" into my face so it doesnt look completely flat & dull?
& Yea I'm a beginner with the makeup =P

Beauty Mark

Quote:
How do I put some more "life" into my face so it doesnt look completely flat & dull?

If the bronze/gold eyeshadow is making your eyes pop, have you tried using a bronzer along your cheekbones instead of blush? I have no recs of a good bronzer, but that might help.

Quote:
I will start by requesting a blue look. That's the hardest for me, so seeing new interpretations would be great.

Seeing your photo in your icon, I think doing some wingy looking blue eyeshadow in the outer third would look nice. The other two thirds could be a cream/white shade with blue hints in it, if that makes sense. Blue is hard for most people to pull off, because it looks old a lot of the time, which why I suggested a minimal amount. A dark blue would be interesting to see.

Being East Asian, I technically count as a POC, but I don't have any requests except maybe someone who could suggest a nice nude lip color? I find a lot of nude lip colors are too pink or too beige.

Me220

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaGLAM!
I would like to see a tutorial that would make you seem to glow in a way. I have a very deep skin tone and it seems my skin looks a little on the dull side after I put on my foundation but I put on like a gold/bronze color as eyeshadow and that brings some life to my face. How do I put some more "life" into my face so it doesnt look completely flat & dull?

If you can find it, i bought the Moisturegleam lotion. They release it in the summer, some places might still have it. It has gold reflections, kind of like Strobe Cream's pink/silver reflection; I think the gold is more flattering on deeper skin tones. Putting that on under foundation adds a healthy glow. Also, Porcelain Pink MSF lightly over any blush helps create a rosey glow as well. The deeper the skin tone, the lighter the hand because it can look too pink. HTH

.VivaDiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
If you can find it, i bought the Moisturegleam lotion. They release it in the summer, some places might still have it. It has gold reflections, kind of like Strobe Cream's pink/silver reflection; I think the gold is more flattering on deeper skin tones. Putting that on under foundation adds a healthy glow.

Thanks babe! I had heard about this product but wasn't sure as to what it is exactly. I love the strobe cream but it is not really suited to my complexion (NW45) Anyway's I found loads on line for cheap so im going to purchase it.

Cheers
thmbup.gif

~VD

ebonyannette

I would like to request a tutorial on good "Fresh faced" looks for dark skin tones.
Preferably with pinks and browns. I want to look all rosey and healthy.

Lady_MAC

I'd like to see how to make Swish work. It looks white-ish on my lids & so does Sable, but they're both such pretty colours. (NC45)

Bootyliciousx

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaGLAM!

Mac Shimpagne Mineralized Skinfinshes (MSF) would defenitelt give you that glowy look. Its a hilighter. and fabalous to use all over the skin. Hyperreal foundation makes the skin glow.

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonyannette
I would like to request a tutorial on good "Fresh faced" looks for dark skin tones.
Preferably with pinks and browns. I want to look all rosey and healthy.

Hey, I did a tutorial just on this a couple months ago! Check the original tutorials section of the boards for it. Henna_Spirit also did a pink look on a desi girl in that section.

faifai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me220
Hi Everyone!! This is it. Here we ask for the tutorials we want to see, and we fulfill those requests. We test them here in a smaller sect of the community to stave off the nervousness of posting in the larger forum.

I don't understand how posting in the larger forum creates nervousness, as this section of the boards is just as open as the Member FOTDs section and the Tutorials section. While I think that having the request thread here is a good idea, so they are neatly organized, I don't think the actual tutorials should be posted here.

Tutorials are useful for people of every color and splitting them up in two sections of the boards sounds like it would cause more problems than solve them. It could cause tutorials to be missed that would otherwise help a lot more people in the main Tutorials subsection of the forums. You would also get far more feedback in the main Tutorials forum as well--Specktra.net doesn't advocate non-constructive criticism, so there's no need to worry about that.

And what about the tutorials posted by women of color that are already in that section? It's not like they'd be moved, and so you'd have tutorials all over the place instead of organized all in one area.

Just my 2 cents, here.

Me220

Quote:
Originally Posted by faifai
I don't understand how posting in the larger forum creates nervousness, as this section of the boards is just as open as the Member FOTDs section and the Tutorials section. While I think that having the request thread here is a good idea, so they are neatly organized, I don't think the actual tutorials should be posted here.

Tutorials are useful for people of every color and splitting them up in two sections of the boards sounds like it would cause more problems than solve them. It could cause tutorials to be missed that would otherwise help a lot more people in the main Tutorials subsection of the forums. You would also get far more feedback in the main Tutorials forum as well--Specktra.net doesn't advocate non-constructive criticism, so there's no need to worry about that.

And what about the tutorials posted by women of color that are already in that section? It's not like they'd be moved, and so you'd have tutorials all over the place instead of organized all in one area.

Just my 2 cents, here.

I agree with everything you said.

I just know there was some nervousness expressed about posting tutorials. So I figured that people could test them here before moving them to the other thread: while I know this section is as open as any, it doesn't get as much traffic as the rest of the board. I understand keeping everything together, but I was offering a suggestion to help people be more comfortable.