Becca Cosmetics

ShareeA

You're so pretty! I saw those lip glosses on hautelook a few months ago at a really good price but I didn't even think about the fact that they may have been there because they were being discontinued. If I see them on there again, I'll be sure to grab them up.
That's where I got mine for $9! And the foundation was something like $15. Great discounts.

ShareeA

Thank you Sharee! I appreciate the advice :) Both are so pretty I may end up getting both at this point. Also in case anyone wants more swatches here's a video swatch of the Champagne Gold and Rose Gold (powder & liquid). I've cued it to the point where she's about to swatch them. HTH! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFlnh9B_Xrk&list=UU5CLbqqdnKUzYNyS_kMbnIg#t=558
I'd get the liquid in your favorite shade to mix (I love liquid Rose Gold) and top with a lighter powder for that wow (I love powder Moonstone and Opal).

ShareeA

Beautiful!!!
pretty.gif
Thank you!

purplerinne

Has anyone gotten Champagne Gold to work on their skintone? It swatches beautifully but I guess my hand is darker than my face bc once I put it on my face it was NOT cute. I even used a fan brush and lightly applied. It's super yellow (borderline jaundice looking) on my Asian skin. It has to go back there's no way I could make it work

v0ltagekid

Has anyone gotten Champagne Gold to work on their skintone? It swatches beautifully but I guess my hand is darker than my face bc once I put it on my face it was NOT cute. I even used a fan brush and lightly applied. It's super yellow (borderline jaundice looking) on my Asian skin. It has to go back there's no way I could make it work
It wouldn't even show up on my face, I'm really yellow, like NC33, and nada.. :/
Returned asap

Jaymuhlee

I lost my receipt so I've been holding onto my Champagne Gold but I'm definitely going to take it back. I didn't even bother swatching it. The moment I opened it I knew it was going to be way too yellow for me.

purplerinne

Yea :/ It looks hella pretty in the pan, but oh no :/
Just returned mine and the Sephora lady was surprised that I was returning it...i was like look i like gold not yellow..i'm Asian i have enough yellow in me LOL luckily Rose Gold may be a keeper.

v0ltagekid

Just returned mine and the Sephora lady was surprised that I was returning it...i was like look i like gold not yellow..i'm Asian i have enough yellow in me LOL luckily Rose Gold may be a keeper.
I just don't like the texture of her highlights, they are kinda dry on me. Not loving them
I prefer the new Bobbi brown in bronze glow, so nice!

I tried Rose gold, didn't show on my skin all that much either :/

ShareeA

I just don't like the texture of her highlights, they are kinda dry on me. Not loving them
I prefer the new Bobbi brown in bronze glow, so nice!

I tried Rose gold, didn't show on my skin all that much either :/
I like rose gold in the liquid because it matches my skin so well it pretty much disappears but gives a glow. The pressed powders are dry but they blend so well. I like that I can layer them but they are never too glittery.

erine1881

I plan on using it on the face as well as a shadow. I searched the internet for swatches before i bought it, so i knew what colour it was gonna be. I knew it was gonna be yellow. But that's just me :shrugs:

v0ltagekid

But that's just me
shrugs.gif
I didn't mind that it was yellow, I wanted that gold yellow glow, especially for holidays! yes! Unfortunately it applied very dry and didn't show up on my skin. Maybe I'm too yellow for it, so it blended right in lol... weird..
I never thought of using it as a shadow, that's a great idea!
Have u tried it wet? does it look awesome? :eek:

erine1881

I didn't mind that it was yellow, I wanted that gold yellow glow, especially for holidays! yes! Unfortunately it applied very dry and didn't show up on my skin. Maybe I'm too yellow for it, so it blended right in lol... weird..  I never thought of using it as a shadow, that's a great idea! Have u tried it wet? does it look awesome? :eek:
No, as pressed powders can't be used wet without ruining them, and I'm not about to scrape the powder out of the compact.

dash4

I went ahead and bought the Becca Ombre Shadow palette.. and I like it. A lot. I know at least 2 people here didn't care for it, but I decided to give it a shot because I saw good reviews on blogs, plus it has good reviews on Sephora.

I will say that it is very similar to the Urban Decay Basic 2 palette---which I also purchased. I prefer the Becca palette, because of the darkest color--- the chocolate brown shade. The darkest shade in the UD palette is almost grey.. but overall, I like both and will be keeping them.

v0ltagekid

I went ahead and bought the Becca Ombre Shadow palette.. and I like it. A lot. I know at least 2 people here didn't care for it, but I decided to give it a shot because I saw good reviews on blogs, plus it has good reviews on Sephora.

I will say that it is very similar to the Urban Decay Basic 2 palette---which I also purchased. I prefer the Becca palette, because of the darkest color--- the chocolate brown shade. The darkest shade in the UD palette is almost grey.. but overall, I like both and will be keeping them.
The beauty educator at the store I worked at used that ombre palette to contour, it was cool, looked good too. :)

Latest posts