Becca Cosmetics

poodle649

I ordered the Afterglow palette Thurs night. I haven't ordered online from Ulta before, so I guess we'll see how long it takes to get to me. I'm excited for the colors since I have been wanting to try Becca blush and only have Champagne Pop and Opal for highlight. Topaz will probably be dark for my skin tone, I will have to be creative with that one.

smileyt06

I ordered the afterglow palette too to get that great beauty reward thing they had going on Ulta online. I can't wait to get it

BrittLuvsMakeup

Although I was initially going to purchase the palette, I think I'm going to pass on it. I have the Best of Becca and Radiant Glow Collection sets, which respectively contain slightly larger sizes of the Rose Gold and Moonstone pressed perfectors that are in this palette (I was mainly purchasing the palette for these perfectors but I forgot that I already had mini versions of these shades). I also have the full sized version of Topaz pressed and I bought like 5 blushes from theBalm two days ago so I don't feel inclined to purchase it for the blushes. The palette is gorgeous and convenient but I don't need to purchase it since I already have 3 of the 5 products it contains. I may, however, buy full sized pressed versions of Rose Gold and Moonstone during one of Sephora's semi-annual sales or when Ulta has 20% coupons on prestige brands either the end of this year or next year.

montREALady

Just got the Afterglow Palette in the mail. Heres a size comparison to the full size highlighters and blushes, I'm happy I got it.
So they're smaller than the deluxe samples or are they the same? I have a deluxe of Rose Gold but none of the rest. I'm wondering if I really need this.
girlhaha.gif

grevous13

So they're smaller than the deluxe samples or are they the same? I have a deluxe of Rose Gold but none of the rest. I'm wondering if I really need this.
girlhaha.gif
I don't have the deluxe samples, sorry. The highlighters are each .05oz and the blushes are .056oz if that helps. I think its worth it if you don't have most of them already, its almost exactly the same price as a one full size highlighter but it has much more variety.

montREALady

I don't have the deluxe samples, sorry. The highlighters are each .05oz and the blushes are .056oz if that helps. I think its worth it if you don't have most of them already, its almost exactly the same price as a one full size highlighter but it has much more variety.
NP. Just checked, the deluxe samples are 0.085oz, 2.4g. So the ones in the palette are smaller. Yeah, I like that there's more variety. I sometimes find it a pain with these small highlighters though because I normally use a big, fluffy fan brush, which actually isn't bad with the mini-compact of the deluxe samples, but the palette style may be a pain in the azz to get product with my fan without swiping another color and I'd have to use a smaller brush...which isn't my hg highlighter brush, etc etc. LOL. #firstworldproblems

grevous13

NP. Just checked, the deluxe samples are 0.085oz, 2.4g. So the ones in the palette are smaller. Yeah, I like that there's more variety. I sometimes find it a pain with these small highlighters though because I normally use a big, fluffy fan brush, which actually isn't bad with the mini-compact of the deluxe samples, but the palette style may be a pain in the azz to get product with my fan without swiping another color and I'd have to use a smaller brush...which isn't my hg highlighter brush, etc etc. LOL. #firstworldproblems
Lol, I completely understand where you're coming from. Thats one of the reasons why I didn't buy the new Hourglass Palette. I just convinced myself to buy the Afterglow palette because i planned on getting the full size Moonstone.

montREALady

Lol, I completely understand where you're coming from. Thats one of the reasons why I didn't buy the new Hourglass Palette. I just convinced myself to buy the Afterglow palette because i planned on getting the full size Moonstone.
Yes that makes sense. I wanted the full-sized Topaz but it's not a priority.

nt234

I ended up buying the Afterglow Palette a few days ago using the ULTAmate Rewards $10 off coupon, and I'm glad I did because I had all of those highlighters on my list but I know that I'll never use them up individually. I've only swatched them on my arm at the store so I don't have a full review of it yet.

Jayjayy

How are you guys using the liquid skin perfectors? I have Topaz, but I never, ever reach for it! Mixed with my foundation in the summer is a bit too luminous (I wear my makeup at least 10 hrs per day). I just find powder and cream so much easier to work with.

Latest posts