Becca Cosmetics

Twinkle_Twinkle

How are you guys using the liquid skin perfectors? I have Topaz, but I never, ever reach for it! Mixed with my foundation in the summer is a bit too luminous (I wear my makeup at least 10 hrs per day). I just find powder and cream so much easier to work with.
I mix them with my foundation or wear them under powder foundation. I rotate between Topaz, Rose Gold and Moonstone mixed with foundation. I prefer RG and Moonstone for that purpose, although I use less of Moonstone in those scenarios and I wear Topaz under powder foundation.

montREALady

How are you guys using the liquid skin perfectors? I have Topaz, but I never, ever reach for it! Mixed with my foundation in the summer is a bit too luminous (I wear my makeup at least 10 hrs per day). I just find powder and cream so much easier to work with.
I was saying the same thing. I bought Topaz and Rose Gold this year since joining Specktra and I had no idea how to use it. They just sat there. I would try it as a highlight but the pump dispenses so much product I would get pissed because I just need a little. Then I'm not particularly into the dewy look to just use it all over by itself. I don't like the matte look either mind you because I always use my MAC Fix+ to get rid of that. So literally the last couple days I started using them with my primer, which is already illuminating (Estee Lauder) and I like that both colors jive with my foundation (EL Double Wear). In other words, I don't look shiny like I thought it would. But I always top my face with a dusting of Black Radiance Soft Focus powder, Fix+ then a setting spray. I'm probably canceling out the whole SSP but it works for me so far and tbh, I'd rather be using it than not, lol! What foundation are you using? I know it may sound counterproductive, but I think it works well with a mattifying one. This is why I got the illuminating primer to use with my foundation. For me, double matte is too much the same way double dewy is too much (foundation + primer). Of course you should do based on your skin type and preference. I've also tried it mixed with my foundation and I believe I liked that too, I haven't done that since the summer.

montREALady

I mix them with my foundation or wear them under powder foundation. I rotate between Topaz, Rose Gold and Moonstone mixed with foundation. I prefer RG and Moonstone for that purpose, although I use less of Moonstone in those scenarios and I wear Topaz under powder foundation.
You just reminded me that I have Topaz in the wand format from one of those Becca kits. I should whip it out, but I hate that doe-foot applicator.

Oh, I got my Afterglow palette today! I haven't opened it. I am in such shock. I ordered it on Wednesday and got it today. That is record-breaking for Ulta!!

montREALady

I ended up buying the Afterglow Palette a few days ago using the ULTAmate Rewards $10 off coupon, and I'm glad I did because I had all of those highlighters on my list but I know that I'll never use them up individually. I've only swatched them on my arm at the store so I don't have a full review of it yet.
Got mine today! I used some Ultamate rewards too and a regular coupon since I had NYX stuff in my order too...and they have a promo going on that you have to activate where you get an extra 200 points if you spend $45 so I think I did well. And I got it fast! Placed the order on Weds and got it Fri. Whaaaaat?! That's so not Ulta, lmao!

Jayjayy

Under powder foundation is a fabulous idea! I've been into the slap and go type of makeup, which is eyebrow gel and me throwing on powder foundation while driving to work. I'll def try that!

Jayjayy

I was saying the same thing. I bought Topaz and Rose Gold this year since joining Specktra and I had no idea how to use it. They just sat there. I would try it as a highlight but the pump dispenses so much product I would get pissed because I just need a little. Then I'm not particularly into the dewy look to just use it all over by itself. I don't like the matte look either mind you because I always use my MAC Fix+ to get rid of that. So literally the last couple days I started using them with my primer, which is already illuminating (Estee Lauder) and I like that both colors jive with my foundation (EL Double Wear). In other words, I don't look shiny like I thought it would. But I always top my face with a dusting of Black Radiance Soft Focus powder, Fix+ then a setting spray. I'm probably canceling out the whole SSP but it works for me so far and tbh, I'd rather be using it than not, lol! What foundation are you using? I know it may sound counterproductive, but I think it works well with a mattifying one. This is why I got the illuminating primer to use with my foundation. For me, double matte is too much the same way double dewy is too much (foundation + primer). Of course you should do based on your skin type and preference. I've also tried it mixed with my foundation and I believe I liked that too, I haven't done that since the summer. 
Lately I've been using the Clinique Even Better spf 15 foundation which isn't quite matte, but I did just pick up another bottle of Revlon Colorstay. I was trying to use up come skincare samples, which resulted in dehydrated, oilier than normal skin. Ugh. Buuuut mixing the Becca with primer is a great idea. I use the MAC Mineralize Timecheck Lotion everyday so I'll mix the two. And then try it mixed with Colorstay for some luminosity. I used to have EL Double Wear but this summer it started to break down on my face. I bet the bottle went bad.

montREALady

Lately I've been using the Clinique Even Better spf 15 foundation which isn't quite matte, but I did just pick up another bottle of Revlon Colorstay. I was trying to use up come skincare samples, which resulted in dehydrated, oilier than normal skin. Ugh. Buuuut mixing the Becca with primer is a great idea. I use the MAC Mineralize Timecheck Lotion everyday so I'll mix the two. And then try it mixed with Colorstay for some luminosity. I used to have EL Double Wear but this summer it started to break down on my face. I bet the bottle went bad.
I have the Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect but the color doesn't match my summer tan, lmaooo. I bought Cappuccino in that. I like it. Is the Timecheck good? I saw Erine here on Specktra say that we don't need primer if we use moisturizer which I didn't realize since Sephora classes say otherwise. She said if we're using "good" skincare we don't need primer. Omg that foundation is the best, another Specktrette recommended it and I haven't looked back since March or so. I want to try the compact liquid "to go" one. Waiting for some sort of sale since its $45!

montREALady

For those who wanted a size comparison, here is the Afterglow Palette and a deluxe mini Rose Gold and Opal. The mini's are 2.4g and each SSP pressed in the palette is 1.4g and the blushes are 1.6g

montREALady

FYI, Ulta has a live chat today with Becca's style director in 4 mins:
http://www.ulta.com/livechat/becca/?CID=34414640&ET_LID=Becca+Live+Chat&RID=1768562804&CCID=ET_PR_FY15WK36_Thurs_Becca_V1

Aaaaand it's postponed
sigh.gif

slowlikehoney

I finally got my Afterglow Palette after two weeks (thanks to Ulta's crappy shipping) and it came shattered. The way Ulta packages the products is ridiculous, like zero cushioning.
noworry.gif

sullenxriot182

I just got the Lorac Mega Pro 2 from Ulta and it was a freaking miracle that thing wasn't broken. I opened the box and was like "Oh no..." because literally no bubble wrap or anything. You would think they'd know better, they must get so many returns because of their crappy packaging!!

BrittLuvsMakeup

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Palette CHAMPAGNE GLOW

Credit: @beccacosmetics instagram

"A specially curated holiday palette with 3 of our favorite & most exclusive Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed shades: (r-l) LE Blushed Copper, LE #beccaxjaclynhill Champagne Pop & NEW Pearl!! Available exclusively at @Sephora starting Tuesday, 10/27!"

Medgal07

BECCA x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Palette CHAMPAGNE GLOW

Credit: @beccacosmetics instagram

"A specially curated holiday palette with 3 of our favorite & most exclusive Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed shades: (r-l) LE Blushed Copper, LE #beccaxjaclynhill Champagne Pop & NEW Pearl!! Available exclusively at @Sephora starting Tuesday, 10/27!"
They look so nice but I have two of the three, and hardly ever touch Blushed Copper
sigh.gif

BrittLuvsMakeup

They look so nice but I have two of the three, and hardly ever touch Blushed Copper
sigh.gif
I'll be passing on this palette for the same reason. I have both Champagne Pop and Blushed Copper. I've heard that the full sized pressed version of Pearl will be released next year so I'd rather spend the $38 to get that. This is great for people who don't have most of the colors or for those who just want the convenience of having these shades in the palette. For those of you who purchase it, please let us know how you like Pearl! :)

DLuxJessica

I'll be passing on this palette for the same reason. I have both Champagne Pop and Blushed Copper. I've heard that the full sized pressed version of Pearl will be released next year so I'd rather spend the $38 to get that. This is great for people who don't have most of the colors or for those who just want the convenience of having these shades in the palette. For those of you who purchase it, please let us know how you like Pearl! :)
Yeah, I don't have any of these three. Though that's because I couldn't convince myself I needed CP or BC... so maybe I should just wait for the full-sized Pearl. Though, I never make it all the way through one of the full-sized ones... so maybe this is a better option? Oh well, I have a few weeks to waffle over the choices.

hitchcockblonde

Meh I'm skipping. The copper is beautiful but Becca's highlighters are so pigmented it would never work on my sking and I already have CP (wore it today actually). I'll just wait and pick up full sized Pearl in the spring. I should be grateful I now have more money to save (or budget for Chanel
flower.gif
).

Medgal07

iagree.gif
I would definitely pick up Pearl---especially since I prefer the pressed versions.

Latest posts