Before Buying Brushes On Ebay Or Asking About Them Read This!!!

caffn8me

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy in the sky
thank you very much for your answer. My friend in England wanted to buy it for me but it sold out, she wasn't fast enough.
I think I will order from this site MAC Hello Kitty Limited Edition Brush Set and Holder from Cocktail
a bit expensive, but I think they are real

I wish you the very best of luck. That site does seem to have genuine items. It's always a bit of a gamble ordering from anywhere other than M·A·C.

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me
I wish you the very best of luck. That site does seem to have genuine items. It's always a bit of a gamble ordering from anywhere other than M·A·C.

That site belongs to our own member Julie (julie150463) - and she would rather die than sell a counterfeit.

Lucy the sky: You will never get counterfeit items from Julie!!! If you were ever unhappy with a purchase from her I am 200% sure she would do anything to make it good
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
That site belongs to our own member Julie (julie150463) - and she would rather die than sell a counterfeit.

Lucy the sky: You will never get counterfeit items from Julie!!! If you were ever unhappy with a purchase from her I am 200% sure she would do anything to make it good
thmbup.gif

thank you both. I have send her email. She seems like a really nice person. I want those brushes, but don't have MAC store anywhere near me.

gespiritu

Hello, I am new to this site and think it is an awesome resource! I am getting into MAC products and think they're all fabulous.

I recently purchased 266 from a Nordstrom MAC counter, so I assume its authentic, but then I read that the MAC printing should come off fairly easily by rubbing. This is not the case with this brush. I have rubbed it hard and nothing comes off. I also bought 191 and 129 and these do come off easily. The 266 is made in France and I was wondering if they make the products differently in the two countries. I am just worried someone bought a real brush, returned their fake one, and then I bought it! I hope not!

Thank you for your help in advance!

caffn8me

If you bought it from Nordstrom it is definitely genuine. Over the years there have been several changes to the way brushes are made so it's possible that the printed number and logo may be more durable on some brushes than others. I wouldn't say that durability of the logo is a reliable indication of authenticity. Buying from somewhere like Macy's or Nordstrom is.

Relax and enjoy your brush
smiles.gif

LisaOrestea

Hey
I bought a MAC 168 brush off Ebay last night.
I did loads of picture comparisons, and decided that it looked really genuine. I also compared the other items she sold just to double check, and they seem real.

eBay Seller: hev166: Health Beauty items on eBay.co.uk

These are the items she has for sale. I just wanted a second opinion really.

Her feedback is almost 100%
Only one negative in the last 12 months, and that was someone saying that they thought they recieved a fake. But the seller replied that it was authentic, but never the less offered the buyer a full refund.

So yeah, I think it seems legitimate.

What do people think?

EDIT: Ok so I just recieved this brush.

I am pretty much sure it is real.

Either that or it is an AMAZING fake cause looks and feels the same as the one I have already!

REALLY quick delievery too. Ordered it Monday night and got it this morning (wednesday.)

dirtball

several months back i bought a 150, 116, and 239 on ebay. they dont smell funny or look particularly fake and i brought them to 3 different mac stores asking them if they thought they were fake. the first 2 places i brought them said they were real but the last place i went said they were fake and told me why.

moral of the story is....some fakes are so convincing, they can even fool people who work at mac and use mac brushes every single day.

p.s. youll never get your money back from the seller, or paypal, or ebay or whatever.

tamarav

Some of my clients have brought their brushes with them to a makeup session, asking me to look at them and determine if they are fake. I have compared many of the alledged "real" brushes to my own MAC brushes that were purchased either through the online MAC Pro site or in person at the University Village store in Seattle.

Some of the brushes are so close but don't have the right characteristics of a MAC brush. Now, many of the real MAC brushes are made in various countries, depending on MAC's current purchases, so the country of origin stamp on the handle may be different for two of the same brush. I have two identical, genuine, 116 brushes, one has a Japan stamp and the other reads France.

Counterfeiters are getting so good it is really hard to tell anymore.

Tami

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio88
Does this MAC 224 look authentic to you guys? The seller is makeupemporium1.

Thanks!

Hi, that's my EBay store and I am also right here on Specktra. All of the products I have listed in my store were bought directly from MAC (with the exception of a few products that I bought from long time Specktra members) and are 100% authentic. I NEVER buy from so called 3rd party wholesalers as MAC does not deal with wholesalers so I would say that 99% of the products they sell are fake.

That's not the best shot of the brush, as I am obviously not a photographer, but if you want some better pictures just message me and I can send them to you.

I actually joined Specktra last year out of frustration. It is very frustrating for an EBay seller who is selling authentic products when there are so many others who are not. The fake sellers not only hurt the buyers but they also hurt those of us who are legitimate! They give EBay a bad reputation that is hard to overcome for the rest of us.

Any questions let me know. Thanks for hearing me out!
Michelle

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedygirl247
I have purchased your marigold glitter and I cant wait to get it, you have great reviews from other members.

Thanks! I knew you were on here but I didn't know your username as it's different from EBay! It's funny I have actually sold products to at least 4 of the different stores that are listed in the "Favorite sellers" thread but my store has yet to appear! Ah well...maybe one day!

scorpio88

Thanks! With all the counterfeits going around these days, it's horrible trying to figure out what's real and what's not. Glad to know there's some sellers out there that are actually genuine.
smiles.gif

esperanza0905

I'm not sure if I'm on right topic but would like to comment my mac 150 from e-bay...
I'm 99% sure mine's fake.Pls say ur opinion before I contact seller..tnx!
DSC00496.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperanza0905
I'm not sure if I'm on right topic but would like to comment my mac 150 from e-bay...
I'm 99% sure mine's fake.Pls say ur opinion before I contact seller..tnx!
DSC00496.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

Hi, right away I can tell you that real MAC brushes do not come with protective cases like this so that is a MAJOR warning sign. They come from MAC in full length plastic sleeves or cases (buffer brushes). There are a lot of the fake brush sets that have brushes with the exact plastic cover that yours has....sorry.

Did you check the EBay sellers to avoid thread for their user name? There may have been people here who have already had dealings with this user.

Good luck!