Before Buying Brushes On Ebay Or Asking About Them Read This!!!

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEmma
Urch! I am 99% sure I have just been done in a swap on MUA!

I swapped for a 188 and the brush is smaller than I thought it should be. The handle feels light. All my other MAC brushes that I bought from counters have the France printed in silver ink on the handle. This one has Japan actually stamped into the handle, but without ink.

Can anybody confirm that this is a fake before I contact the swapper?

Jo

To confirm if your brush is a fake or not you would have to post pictures. The 188 brush is quite a bit smaller and lighter than the 187.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedBeauty
^ I bought brushes off ebay a year ago. An eight piece set and now I'm pretty sure their fake after reading this. A couple of my brushes have "japan" on the end of the handle in black. Ugh! what a waste of money! I definately won't be buying brushes off ebay anymore. very disappointing. Sad that people con everyone like this!

FYI, just because a MAC brush says Japan does not mean it's a fake. MAC makes it's brushes in France, Japan, USA and China. So depending on the brush there will be a different country of origin noted on the brush. There are also a few of the brushes (some of the made in the USA ones) that sometimes don't have a country of origin stamped. I have seen the 209, 190 and 116 all without country of origin stamps.

Jackie O

I work for MAC and every single time people come up to me telling me how they bought a MAC "brush set" on ebay for "X" amount of dollars (a really inexpensive price) I just laugh inside my head, like really? If you only knew what you were paying for...

Jackie O

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
That website is faker than "The Hills"

lol! that website is SO FAKE it almost pisses me off. Like who are they trying to fool??? Some of their stuff they don't even try to make it look real. I actually wrote product reviews on some of their stuff I wrote things like "this looks so fake it kills me" lol

I wrote MAC an email letting them know of the sites existence, hopefully thinking maybe they could pursue legal action? They wrote me back and basically said there was nothing they could do. I think it's extremely unfair that there are crooked people out there letting us spend our hard earned dollars on that fake trash, you all deserve the REAL thing. I don't know how people like that sleep at night...

CeCe bOO13

ok so here are pics and unfortunately i bought this set without reading this first ae these fake; some handles say france, some say japan, some say usa

zoavbb.jpg

x1k9ro.jpg

2ngyiv4.jpg

24y1j0k.jpg

2ldhi69.jpg

panda0410

They all look pretty dodgey to me, the only one that might have passed is the 150, but its got a crooked crimp!

CeCe bOO13

this is what the seller said to me

hi friend
Thanks for your letter!
I am a morality seller.
If the items has obvious defects,You can choose Refund,
The item must be returned to us in 7 days with same condition as you received.
we will refund full purchase price(bid price )as soon as it's verified.
Buyer is responsible for all return shipping charges.

ook the items were fake and im reporting him for selling fake items and it took 2 weeks for me to recieve the items how does he expect them to recieve them in 7 days?

rockin

CeCe bOO13

It appears the seller is only offering to refund the bid price and not the original shipping cost.

If the items are bought on ebay and you allow the claim to go through PayPal you should get the original shipping cost back as well, so don't be fobbed off by the seller.

When they say 'must be returned to us in 7 days' it usually means you must post it back within 7 days, not that it must be received by them within 7 days.

Don't forget to get online trackable proof of posting, or they could claim you didn't send it back, and PayPal will reject your claim. Unfortunately, though, you are responsible for the cost of returning the goods.

speedygirl247

If the seller is in the UK, then the distance selling regulations apply, which means the seller is liabile for the return postage costs.

panda0410

Open a claim immediately, never trust a seller that just says "return for refund". Open a claim first, then send the items back registered mail, and do it through the paypal resolution centre. Best to cover your own backside first and foremost.

Brittany88

This information is really helpful. I'm definitely going to stick to only purchasing brushes at MAC stores or CCOs.

User38

MAC itself makes it confusing when they put out the LE or SE editions.. usually the LE or SE editions of brushes are not the same quality and gives all the counterfeiters a lot of leeway to create brushes which say MAC but are in reality a hoax.

RNcutie

UGH this is so frustrating. I'm glad I stumbled upon this info because naive-"ol me was watching like, 5 brush auctions. I couldn't figure out how they'd fake something like a brush. I guess when something seems too good to be true, it probably is
ssad.gif

Hilde

Has MAC ever made gold brushes with short handles? I've seen some on eBay even by reputable sellers, but I've never found anything that implies MAC has. It's the 187 for example. I went ahead and bought the full size normal brush anyways, but I'm curious.

redambition

Has MAC ever made gold brushes with short handles? I've seen some on eBay even by reputable sellers, but I've never found anything that implies MAC has. It's the 187 for example. I went ahead and bought the full size normal brush anyways, but I'm curious.
yes - Holiday 2007 Antiquitease had SE brushes with gold handles.

Image here