Before Buying Brushes On Ebay Or Asking About Them Read This!!!

panda0410

you didnt have buyer protection? ooh, sorry to hear it
ssad.gif
file a claim with ebay then - you can still report receiving counterfeit items to ebay from that seller.

panda0410

I was just looking at your purchase and you should have paypal buyer protection up to $200US?? You should be eligible under Basic Tier protection for up to that amount. Did you use the Pay Now button through ebay? There is a clause that states you MUST use the pay now button through ebay to continue eligibility for buyer protection.

kittiegothgirl

nope , didnt use the buy it now button....
ssad.gif

and wc-racer on ebay sais its gonna be damn hard to proof that it are fakes because of the upc sticker on the plastic sleeves...

puh
ssad.gif

panda0410

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiegothgirl
ssad.gif

puh
ssad.gif

Not Buy It Now - but "Pay Now" at the bottom on the page. You have to use the Pay Now button at the bottom on the page through ebay to pay for the purchase - some people go direct to paypal and pay through there for ebay purchases but if you dont use the pay now and pay THROUGH ebay first then you arent eligible! Email or call paypal and see why they are giving you a hard time re buyer protection - often a phone call will help
winks.gif

You can cite the quality of the brushes and use quotes from here to help support your claim that they brushes are fake - its been done before with success
smiles.gif

evie42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittiegothgirl
ssad.gif

and wc-racer on ebay sais its gonna be damn hard to proof that it are fakes because of the upc sticker on the plastic sleeves...

puh
ssad.gif

Did you use a credit card through paypal? If you used one, you can file a dispute with your credit card company (some banks will do this too if you used a cash card) and they will usually refund you the money right away while they investigate the claim.

kittiegothgirl

heya all
smiles.gif

i've been away for a while sorry
smiles.gif

about the brushes :
it all ended ok , i filed a claim with paypal and the seller never even responded or anything so i automaticaly won the claim and got all my money refunded and since the seller never reacted i still have the brushes so didnt have to pay any postage to send them back
smiles.gif

so me happy ^^

ruqayya33

I'm sorry to hear the sad "fake brush" story above.

I also fell pray to a fake Mac brush seller on Ebay and bought a "187".... (I actually didn't know that it was a fake, when I bid on it. I thought that I could save some serious $, like I had with other stuff that turned out fine.... but it wasn't meant to be with this transaction.)

The pics in the auction looked like the real deal.... but it was a small pic anyway and could probably fool anyone. Once I got it in the mail, I became skeptical. It looked less full and fluffy than the one in the pic on the MAC site.

I washed it immediately - like I do all new brushes and that's when all hell broke loose. The brush shed and bled dye like craaaaaaaazy and I must have shampooed it like 10 times, hoping the bleeding and shedding would stop.... but it didn't. (I usually only shampoo a new brush 2-3 times and after that no more than 2 times.) My sink looked like I had given a somebody a dye job and a (full headed) hair cut.

Later that week, I went by the house of a friend who owns the same brush. She had bought hers, several years ago at a MAC demo. What a difference!!!

Well.... luckily I was "only" out $20 and I was also able to "salvage" the brush. I now use it to sweep away e/s flakes from my cheeks, which was not what I had bought it for... but I refuse to toss it quite yet.

Despite the fact that I had this trouble, I'm still interested in getting a REAL MAC, one day........................

Before I forget..... the sellers Ebay ID is mandy06shop

mayrei

I was just looking at mandy06shop's auctions. Thank god I thought to look here first. I thought it was very fishy that she states on her auctions that "ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT AUTHENTICITY WILL BE IGNORED". ?? I would think that a reputable seller would be happy to answer any and all questions to put the buyer at ease, but silly me.

I don't have a lot of money to spend on this sort of thing, so it's making me a little sad that I can't find good deals on MAC brushes on eBay.

Btw, hello, first post, been lurking for a while. *fades back into the darkness*

ruqayya33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayrei
I was just looking at mandy06shop's auctions. Thank god I thought to look here first. I thought it was very fishy that she states on her auctions that "ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT AUTHENTICITY WILL BE IGNORED". ?? I would think that a reputable seller would be happy to answer any and all questions to put the buyer at ease, but silly me.

I don't have a lot of money to spend on this sort of thing, so it's making me a little sad that I can't find good deals on MAC brushes on eBay.

Btw, hello, first post, been lurking for a while. *fades back into the darkness*

You know... I read this and thought that she was just tired of answering alot of e-mails asking about authenticity...... I've also know (some very sensitive) people that get very offended when you question their honesty/integrity as in.... "I stated that the product is MAC, so you should just trust me or leave things be.... I'm not a lier/cheater."

I know... I know.... I was naive.

rockin

Oh dear, now I'm worried! Could someone please confirm whether the brushes (239 and 266) I bought from ebay seller puppetjg are genuine or not?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2hd2k4k&s=2

You can't see it very clearly, but it says FRANCE on the handle of the top one, and JAPAN on the bottom one.

Both came in clear plastic sleeves, but no sign of a barcode anywhere

wolfsong

Is the MAC logo and number white with a silver outline, or all silver? Is there any shedding of hair?

rockin

Thanks for replying
smiles.gif

They're not shedding any hairs, but then I haven't tried to use them yet. The lettering is all silver

rockin

Thank you for checking that - looks like I've been conned by these as well
ssad.gif

I never realised there was so much counterfeit makeup around, and certainly not brushes!

wolfsong

Pigments, eyeshadows and brushes are the main faked items on ebay :crap:
There seems to be more fake than authentic items, i - and a lot of members on here -would probably be in your boat had we not found this site...
Kudos to all the vets on here!