Benefit cosmetics

aerials

Seems like no one ever talks about Benefit on here and on MUA, the general consensus seems to be that Benefit is all fancy packaging and not high quality stuff.

I own a couple of their products and I absolutely adore them. Right now, I'm lemming the Dr. Feelgood, High/Moon Beam, Weather Girl palette, and Realness of Concealness palette. Anyone have any opinions or rants/raves about those?

And more importantly.. what are your favourites from Benefit?
graucho.gif

brandiisamonkey

Ive only tired a few things from them... I was highly disapointed with georgia
ssad.gif
but id really like to try dr feelgood and Lemon aide

browneyedbaby

Dandelion is my must have, I use it all the time.

Moon Beam is quite nice but doesn't blend well with alot of foundations imo.

Their eye-shadows are awful if used with no primer. For the price you can get much better.

Lip-glosses are pretty nice, Kiss Me has been a fave of mine for years.

Bluff Dust is a waste of money, useless you like looking cakey and yellow!

Get Bent mascara is the worst mascara I have ever tried in my life!!!!!! (anyone else used this????).

BadGal lash is ok but again you can get better for the money.

The plumping lip stuff makes a nice base but no plumping effect on my lips.

Benetint is quite nice on lips with a bit of clear gloss over (I have the pocketpal and quite like it) but it's not spectacular.

The Playsticks are so limited in colours meaning you have very little chance of getting a good match and they'ew not great quality but ok. Same with the concealer.

ERM... ok I've said enough...
cutey.gif

Beauty Mark

I've liked the Playsticks (I use it as a spot treatment vs. all over) and lipstick. I have yet to try anything else.

DaizyDeath

i use to use playsticks foundation but it becomes flakey after a while and also many of their shades come off orange

thier pigments SUCK dont try them i own 1 and its not worth the money plus the container comes open and spills all over the place when i travel. grrrrrr

foxyqt

I LOOOVE BADGAL LASH! I cant stress this enough LoL its just my fav mascara!<3

I also wanna try Boi-ing =)~

MAC_Pixie04

I like high beam, we had a benefit training at work and i got to play with everything and it was awesome. get even powder is really good, it's low in talc, anti bacterial, and has milled chamomille and tea trea oil in it. bummer about benefit is that their shades are limited, but the rep said they're working on expanding their shades because a lot of people like their products but can't use them because they don't match.

GalleyGirl

I like High Beam & a l/e blush called "You got some Nirvana" from a few years back. Everything else has been a disaster. I totally wasted my money on You Rebel tinted moisterizer and Benetint. Omg, I do not understand why Benetint was so highly regarded by magazines, I found it to be a really bizarre shade and awkward to apply.

MAC_Pixie04

benetint isnt very hard to apply, but the color is almost too sheer. most clients only use it on the lips because it doesn't show up on them. i prefer Lorac Sheer Wash Cheek/Lip stain in Sheer Emotion, BEAUTIFUL shade of red on both the lips and cheeks. It's a bit runny and thats why most don't like it, but it's no runnier than benetint.

Simply Elegant

I haven't tried anything but I really want the Dandelio blush. Everything seems too dark for my skin, blush wise and it seems to look like a light enough colour.

lara

I always stock High Beam, Moonbeam and Hollywod Glo in my kit. I use Bad Gal lash on myself and I also like Bathina 'Gettin' Steamy' bubble bath.
smiles.gif

I would stock She-laq and Benetint in my kit as well, but they're so monsterously expensive that I can't justify having them. Ben Nye liquid fixative and Lip & Cheek Stain from The Body Shop do well enough in their place at a quarter of the cost.

Re: Get Bent - it's Bad Gal mascara in a different container with an angled brush-head. That's it - there's absolutely no difference between the two.

girlambrosia

Hmm, I bought their Realness of Concealness palette and just about everything does nothing for me
ssad.gif

(High Beam is the loveliest thing, though. And Benetint is just a beautiful colour, though as blush, it sucks. And as a lipstain, it just isn't worth paying Australian retail.)

aerials

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlambrosia
Hmm, I bought their Realness of Concealness palette and just about everything does nothing for me
ssad.gif

(High Beam is the loveliest thing, though. And Benetint is just a beautiful colour, though as blush, it sucks. And as a lipstain, it just isn't worth paying Australian retail.)

Everyone I ask about the Realness of Concealness palette seems to be disappointed with it!
To be honest though, I'm just lemming it because I really want High Beam and to try out all of the other products though. Do you think I should just scrap the palette and go for a full-sized High Beam instead?

girlambrosia

Aerials, I would definitely recommend just going for the High Beam. It's pretty, cheaper and probably the best damn thing in that teeny, tiny, itsy little box. The Bo-ing reveals more than it conceals, the Lemon-Aid I didn't even touch (I don't have much redness) the Ooh La Lift is pretty much pointless and the lip plump was okay. I prefer my lipvenom. The 'concealer-lip' look was slightly off-putting.

I do love High Beam though, so I'd just go for a big bottle. I'm wanting to trade in my own Concealness for some High Beam and maybe a pigment sample, now that you mention it :p

stellarx1587

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerials
Seems like no one ever talks about Benefit on here and on MUA, the general consensus seems to be that Benefit is all fancy packaging and not high quality stuff.

I own a couple of their products and I absolutely adore them. Right now, I'm lemming the Dr. Feelgood, High/Moon Beam, Weather Girl palette, and Realness of Concealness palette. Anyone have any opinions or rants/raves about those?

And more importantly.. what are your favourites from Benefit?
graucho.gif

I like Benefit. I own quite a bit of their products. Benefit is my "morning rush" makeup.I use their products to primarily look AWAKE. Hahaha... I'm an NC42 so You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer works well on me. It evens out my skintone and gives a nice healthy glow. Benetint shows up on me ok. It gives me just the little bit of color I need to keep me from looking dead. Lemon-Aid is excellent for evening out my eyelids and it doesn't crease. I just got Boi-ing Concealer. That stuff is my FRIEND. It covers surprisingly well IMO. I had to retire my MAC concealer for it. She-Laq is great for not only sealing your make-up, but also to tame your brows and keeping 'em in place. I personally prefer Hollywood Glo to High/Moon Beam.

macluver

I was very disappointed with Georgia. It showed up orange on me! But I really like the Gilded eye pencil. And I didn't notice any difference with Dr Feel Good. But I did try Dallas, and that was really pretty.

fash10nista

The products I've used so far and like are Eye Bright pencil to lighten my undereye area, Benetint for the quick rosy complexion (especially after a night of partying!) and Kiss Me gloss.

The one thing I didn't like was the it stick.

I'd like to try Dallas, eyecon and speedbrow. Anyone care to share their thoughts on these?

aerials

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarx1587
I like Benefit. I own quite a bit of their products. Benefit is my "morning rush" makeup.I use their products to primarily look AWAKE. Hahaha... I'm an NC42 so You Rebel Tinted Moisturizer works well on me. It evens out my skintone and gives a nice healthy glow. Benetint shows up on me ok. It gives me just the little bit of color I need to keep me from looking dead. Lemon-Aid is excellent for evening out my eyelids and it doesn't crease. I just got Boi-ing Concealer. That stuff is my FRIEND. It covers surprisingly well IMO. I had to retire my MAC concealer for it. She-Laq is great for not only sealing your make-up, but also to tame your brows and keeping 'em in place. I personally prefer Hollywood Glo to High/Moon Beam.

wow, I just killed my lemming for the Realness of Concealness palette since everyone keeps telling me how bad it is... but you seem to have resurrected my lemming for it again! the only things that didn't really interest me in the palette were the Lemon-Aid and Boi-ing, but now it sounds like they're pretty awesome!