Best Drugstore Liquid Foundation

DILLIGAF

I'm just finding this thread because I'm also looking for others. I'm wearing L'Oreal Pro-Matte foundation and powder today and I'm liking it. It's medium-full and semi-matte. I believe it came out at the beginning of the year. Today will be the first day I'll be wearing it all day so we'll see. I'm typically dry with a little shine in the t-zone of late.
What color are you using? What are the undertones. I see this line and I'm curious.

pinkcrush

What color are you using? What are the undertones. I see this line and I'm curious.
I have the foundation in 111 Soft Sable and I prefer it worn sheared out with a bit of moisturizer since it's SUPER MATTE and can make my face look rather flat w/o contouring/highlighting... I will tell u the pressed powders run very dark so I actually got the pressed powder in 600 Golden Beige instead of my usual Loreal pressed powder color Classic Tan (700) which I ended up exchanging... I'll be honest I use the p/p more than the actual foundation because of the extra step I need to take to make the foundation work for me... U may like it alone however!

montREALady

Girl the drama. I bought Cocoa first with the matching powder at Rite Aid, bogo 1/2. Got to work, swatched Cocoa on my hand, whoa too dark and red. Went back and got Soft Sable and Classic Tan powder. Tried that on my face that night, ghost city but I loved the powder. Went back and exchanged for the Cocoa liquid again since I never actually tried it on my face. It's a touch darker and redder than my skin tone but with the powder, etc. It works. It will be perfect for the summer so I'm going to keep it. My face looks great all now and I haven't touched up. I used the Smashbox hydrating primer underneath (sample). Not sure if that's making a diff. But my face definitely looks flawless. If you want more natural, I'd mix with a moisturizer or skip.

sagehen

These are the other two I've been eyeing. I need to see the shade range. I'm liking the L'Oreal Pro-Matte but I now need something more natural looking. 
Don't forget the Covergirl Queen collection when you look at the 3-1in-1 formula. It has a great range of shades, but is not as natural looking as the L'Oreal Pro Matte.

montREALady

Don't forget the Covergirl Queen collection when you look at the 3-1in-1 formula. It has a great range of shades, but is not as natural looking as the L'Oreal Pro Matte.
Thanks. Yeah Queen has too many colors for me to try to find mine without trying them/swatching first, it's overwhelming, lol. You think Pro Matte is natural looking? I think it's more of that flawless, made-up look (which I like too).

sagehen

Thanks. Yeah Queen has too many colors for me to try to find mine without trying them/swatching first, it's overwhelming, lol. You think Pro Matte is natural looking? I think it's more of that flawless, made-up look (which I like too).
No, I don't think Pro Matte is terribly natural looking, but I just wanted to let you know that the 3-in-1 Outlast is even less so, from my own experience and seeing others wear it. I had a hard time with the Queen collection 3-in-1 too. The shades with the same names are different from the shades in the other foundation formulations. This led to a great adventure of me tracking down a shade while they were on sale at Walgreens, only to pass it right on to my mother lol.

montREALady

No, I don't think Pro Matte is terribly natural looking, but I just wanted to let you know that the 3-in-1 Outlast is even less so, from my own experience and seeing others wear it. I had a hard time with the Queen collection 3-in-1 too. The shades with the same names are different from the shades in the other foundation formulations. This led to a great adventure of me tracking down a shade while they were on sale at Walgreens, only to pass it right on to my mother lol.
Ohhhh, okay. Yes 3-in-1 is supposed to be matte as well. There are like a million shades in Queen! I can't win, not enough shades, I complain, too many shades, I still complain!

Hey, have you ever been in any hair forums, NaturallyCurly or something? Your screenname is so familiar aside from here.

DILLIGAF

Girl the drama. I bought Cocoa first with the matching powder at Rite Aid, bogo 1/2. Got to work, swatched Cocoa on my hand, whoa too dark and red. Went back and got Soft Sable and Classic Tan powder. Tried that on my face that night, ghost city but I loved the powder. Went back and exchanged for the Cocoa liquid again since I never actually tried it on my face. It's a touch darker and redder than my skin tone but with the powder, etc. It works. It will be perfect for the summer so I'm going to keep it. My face looks great all now and I haven't touched up. I used the Smashbox hydrating primer underneath (sample). Not sure if that's making a diff. But my face definitely looks flawless. If you want more natural, I'd mix with a moisturizer or skip.
I'll look out for the Soft Sable. You said that you were 177 in MUFE HD right? I'm the next shade up 175. At least I was.

sagehen

Ohhhh, okay. Yes 3-in-1 is supposed to be matte as well. There are like a million shades in Queen! I can't win, not enough shades, I complain, too many shades, I still complain! Hey, have you ever been in any hair forums, NaturallyCurly or something? Your screenname is so familiar aside from here.
OMG yes I was on Curltalk, and I was just thinking you looked familiar when you joined here. LOL I understand what you mean about the shades. CG 3-in-1 is very matte, as in I am extremely oily and do not have to blot more than once per day, and putting powder on top? Forget about it. IF you have the patience to find the right shade.

montREALady

I'll look out for the Soft Sable. You said that you were 177 in MUFE HD right? I'm the next shade up 175. At least I was.
When I swatched yes, but so is @Yazmin and she's darker shades than me in EL. So who knows? LOL. Oh and based on how CG Tawny looks in tube, it would be perfect for me. What kind of finish is that, natural?

Quote: Originally Posted by sagehen

OMG yes I was on Curltalk, and I was just thinking you looked familiar when you joined here.

LOL I understand what you mean about the shades. CG 3-in-1 is very matte, as in I am extremely oily and do not have to blot more than once per day, and putting powder on top? Forget about it. IF you have the patience to find the right shade.
LMAOOO! I knew it! I haven't been there in ages. Not since I cut off my locs and needed all the natural hair info in the world. I remember then I was busy buying hair products just like I am here with makeup because of the other girls
lol.gif
. I still have those hair products collecting dust btw (Curl Junkie to name one). I need something natural looking in drugstore. Like a regular foundation. Actually not sure if I need it or just want it, lmao!

sagehen

When I swatched yes, but so is @Yazmin  and she's darker shades than me in EL. So who knows? LOL. Oh and based on how CG Tawny looks in tube, it would be perfect for me. What kind of finish is that, natural? LMAOOO! I knew it! I haven't been there in ages. Not since I cut off my locs and needed all the natural hair info in the world. I remember then I was busy buying hair products just like I am here with makeup because of the other girls :lol: . I still have those hair products collecting dust btw (Curl Junkie to name one). I need something natural looking in drugstore. Like a regular foundation. Actually not sure if I need it or just want it, lmao!
1.pbi- Tawny looks like you as far as depth but Tawny may not have enough red for you. 1.5 Don't talk bad about Curl Junkie! The Natural Brigade will come for you lol! 2. Have you tried Revlon Nearly Naked? It is not nearly naked but it is a bit more natural than the two we have discussed and still has quite a range of shades. You might start at Caramel or the one before it. The name escapes me.

montREALady

2. Have you tried Revlon Nearly Naked? It is not nearly naked but it is a bit more natural than the two we have discussed and still has quite a range of shades. You might start at Caramel or the one before it. The name escapes me.
1-That's what I think is missing from the L'Oreal Pro Matte Soft Sable one. A little red. My undertones aren't red though.

1.5- I'm not talking bad
greengrin.gif
, but the stuff is still there, lol. I'm telling the truth! I only wear my natural hair in the summer. I have too many hair products!

2- Nope, I haven't bought drugstore foundation in decades it seems. Thanks!

pinkcrush

I wear 177 too and I love it, I've been setting mine with Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation in Deep Tan and a kabuki brush... The MUFE HD translucent powder gives me a white cast

pinkcrush

A few other drugstore foundations I like are Black Radiance BB Cream in Cafe, it has wonderful moisturizing coverage but I avoid my greasy nose for obvious reasons and opt to use my Too Faced Cocoa Foundation or a pressed powder. Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless is a really nice foundation however, they could expand the darker shade range seeing as how there r only 2 and one is too dark and one is too light... I opted to go with the lighter one Toffee Caramel 330 and use a darker powder to warm it up slightly... BEAT!!! Loreal Lumi Nude Liquid Powder in shade 332 Soft Sable is nice for a soft veil of coverage that can be built up to medium. It dries to a powdery finish which feels light in the heat of summer

stephshopaholic

Loreal visible lift has been my favorite for a long time it gives me full coverage without being cakey and it doesn't make my skin look dry.

pinkcrush

Ain't NOTHING natural looking about LPM!!! If u add a bit of moisturizer it's more natural-looking IMO

Yazmin

When I swatched yes, but so is @Yazmin and she's darker shades than me in EL. So who knows? LOL. Oh and based on how CG Tawny looks in tube, it would be perfect for me. What kind of finish is that, natural?
I picked up the EL 6.0 based on a YouTube video of someone who also uses MUFE 177, Temptalia's foundation finder, and I think it showed up in my Findation.com matches as well - I'll have to go back and check that last one though.

Yazmin

I decided to break out my EL 6.0 and try it on half of my face. My initial impression is that it's a great match and provides great coverage (I applied it to the side with some recent hyper pigmentation). It doesn't feel heavy on my skin.
f6ae93b0_image.jpeg
e29807cf_image.jpeg
I'm going to wear it for another hour or so to see if it oxidizes at all. I didn't set it with powder as I wanted to see how it is on its own.

montREALady

I picked up the EL 6.0 based on a YouTube video of someone who also uses MUFE 177, Temptalia's foundation finder, and I think it showed up in my Findation.com matches as well - I'll have to go back and check that last one though.
Yeah that's how I picked 5C1 in the regular one, YT vids. Findation kept putting me in the 5's and I doubted it based on what you told me you wore, but it looks like they may be right.

Quote: Originally Posted by Yazmin

I decided to break out my EL 6.0 and try it on half of my face. My initial impression is that it's a great match and provides great coverage (I applied it to the side with some recent hyper pigmentation). It doesn't feel heavy on my skin.

I'm going to wear it for another hour or so to see if it oxidizes at all. I didn't set it with powder as I wanted to see how it is on its own.
Keep us posted. I'm thinking of getting their illuminating primer and maybe this.

Latest posts