Best eyeliner to stay put on waterline?

dizzygoo82

it seems as though eyeliners won't stay on my waterline!!! I've tried normal pencils (different brands) and the loreal hip eyeliner which worked the best but still didnt stay on that well.
do you think fluidline would be better or does anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks!!!

yahoo.gif

girlsaidwhat

Fluidlines are the best /I've/ found....but with that said....
I hope someone responds with other choices, because while it's better than anything I've tried, I'd love to know if there is anything even better.
smiles.gif

jenii

I've yet to find something with real staying power. Fluidlines don't do it for me.

I've heard that HIP's cake eyeliners have more staying power than Fluidline, but I haven't tried them yet. They're always sold out at my local Target and at the drugstores. As soon as I can find the black one, though, I'm gonna pick it up and see if I like it better.

Kiseki

The thing that does stay the most with me (I'm not comfortable of putting fluidlines on my waterline) are Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl, the shades are to die and it's beautiful.

Other than that I put Armani's eye pencils, but it doesn't last as long as Guerlain.

ratmist

I also use Guerlain Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl. Not cheap, but it works. I would be careful using it if you wear contacts though; the powder can easily transfer to the contacts, and sometimes I have problems with that.

Otherwise, in the MAC range, I was told by a MAC senior makeup artist (Caroline Donnelly) that the Technakohl pencils will stay put on the waterline. I haven't tried it myself but maybe someone else can vouch for it.

Ms.Amaranthine

The best I've used is MAC Powerpoint in Engraved, supposedly.. it's waterproof. I prefer to use pencils and finding one that is seems to be hard. I live in Arizona, where 120+ is not uncommon, so I too have a lot of trouble with getting eyeliner to stick. I've started putting decreasing primer under my eye and it's seemed to help a little. If you wear sunglasses, that may be what's causing your eyeliner to run. The moisture will build behind the lenses.

elizs

I have been trying the Makeup Forever Aqua eyes pencils & they seem to work better than the kohl powers & fluidliners from MAC so far. THe fluidliners seem to flake off to me after they dry.

dizzygoo82

Thanks so much everyone!
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

I'm going to try makeup forever...because I do wear contacts so the loose powder I would be a klutz with that haha!
And another nutty thing..the mac technokohl liner for some reason makes my eyes water...yea i guess I'm just weird haha.

Thanks for the tips!

divinedime

I did Stephie's mod-doll look this morning with MAC Powerpoint in Engrave and it has held up ok, but one of my eyes looks like I was trying to make an egyptian eye because it has ran in a straight line in the crease.
tong.gif

I think I will try the makeup forever on too.

seabird

i seem to remember someone saying just dipping a normal kohl eye pencil into fluidline then applying it works.

ndn-ista

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i seem to remember saying just dipping a normal kohl eye pencil into fluidline then applying it works.

Yep, I tried this and it works. It also gives you a more intense rimmed eye.

I also use Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner. They work pretty good. Right now, the have a holiday special, I think you get like 5 mini ones in different colors for a special price @ Sephora!

lethaldesign

Quote:
i seem to remember saying just dipping a normal kohl eye pencil into fluidline then applying it works.

Yep, that's what I do. Dip the dulled tip of a kohl liner into fluidline and run it along my waterline. I do two coats. It holds up most of the day for me... except during allergy season when my eyes water like crazy. But that's to be expected.

I'm going to give those MUFE ones a try though.

divinedime

Quote:
i seem to remember someone saying just dipping a normal kohl eye pencil into fluidline then applying it works.

Cool I will give that a try! My blacktrack is on it's way so I will post my results.

girlsaidwhat

I have mac's powerpoint pencil in engraved, and it doesn't work as well as the fluidlines for me, as far as staying power. But I will try to dip a kohl pencil in fluidline and see how it goes! And I want to try MUFE's and UD's pencils too. Hopefully enough people will post results here so we all benefit.

Egads, I love this site. It's so nice to have so many opinions about this stuff!!

aeni

MUF's and MAC's Kohl pencils stay on very well. If you're looking for a red (if you do FX) get Kryolan's red pencil. It's one of the few pencils made safe for the eye.

There's always only a certain amount of time waterlining will last. Any whites, pinks or fleshtones seem to just come off within 5 minutes. Truly sucks. If anyone knows of any whites, pinks, beiges that'll stay on just as long as a kohl pencil, I'd love to know about it.

kimmy

i think fluidlines are the best, but mac's technakohls work pretty well for me, too.
smiles.gif

amoona

I use fluideline in my waterline even though we're not "supposed" to I still do. I can't tell customers that it's fluideline though haha. I also love Feline and Smolder but they do run so I wear those when I'm going for a look where I want a black smudge - like a smokey eye or something.

You could also get loose khol powder from a local Indian/Middle Eastern store and those stay on well, the only thing is they're a lil messy and they bunch up a lil on the outter corner or your eye so you have to wipe it.

Kuuipo

Max Factor for waterproof liquid liner. Makeup Forever aqua pencils. A must if you work in a place life Sea Life Park.....