Best finds at CCO? Why cant I find anything good?

justtobenaked

I recently visited my CCO in Cabazon, CA and I could not believe the terrible selection (small) but also kind of dirty area. I was sad. It was a drive there too...Oh well, next time! What have you found?

gildedangel

I have a so-so CCO in my area. The selection is small at best, and the only thing that I have ever bought there is Shush! Tendertone, which I love!

cocodivatime

You know, when I first discovered my CCO I wouldgo several times a week and always found great stuff. Then I stopped going as frequently and only check in every blue moon and the selections always suck

My theory now is that if you don't go often, you miss the good stuff when it comes in. The good stuff always goes first
th_wink3.gif

hhunt2

I have the same issue.

There are 4 CCO's in my area; Gilroy, Napa, Vacaville and San Francisco (that one is invite only). But going either way, it would take 30min-1 hour drive(s). Gilroy is the nearest to me and the selection is always lame.

After a few times being disapointed of the inventory, I've learned to cordinate CCO trips with other trips/errands/road trips/visiting family or friends/etc.

The best things I've ever found were a few e/s quads (I love the smokey eye set from this past holiday), 217 brush and recently the Enchanting Vermillion Kit (blacktrack fluidline, #7 lashes, gold glitter liner and 209 se).

LMD84

best thing i got from a us cco was the tempting quad i cp'd to me. and in the uk the best thing so far was rollickin paint pot and the 134 brush!

tremorviolet

I've found lots of great stuff at CCOs; the trick is to swing by whenever you're in the area and hit out of town ones when you're traveling.

Most recent find was Firespot e/s; other faves: 165, 263, 181, Pharaoh, Girl Freindly, Perky, Greenstroke p/p's, Pink Pearl and Sienna pigments, and I know there's a ton of stuff I'm forgetting.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtobenaked
I recently visited my CCO in Cabazon, CA and I could not believe the terrible selection (small) but also kind of dirty area. I was sad. It was a drive there too...Oh well, next time! What have you found?

This is the one I usually go to, and I agree the selection is not so great. I've posted about this in another thread, but every time I go (which is months and months apart), I find the exact things that were there 5 months ago. I've found a few MSF's, paint pots, and pigments in the past that were good, but now that I have them, it's time for new stock!

iheartwarpaint

I live about 10 minutes away from the Camarillo Outlet CCO and I'm not sure if I got lucky... or if I'm crazy, but I bought tons of stuff over the past three weeks. The SAs told me they got a huge shipment last month so I made sure to stop by as often as I could. Here's what I got over my 5 shopping sprees.
mac_haul.gif

Brushes - 165, 192
Pigment- Cocomotion
MSF- Petticoat, So Ceylon, Refined, Perfect Topping
Blush- Blooming, X-Rocks, Spaced Out
Beauty Powder - Hello Kitty Tahitian Sand
Blushcreme Pearl- Sweet William & Blossoming (I hate these!
ssad.gif
)
E/S- Solar White, Henna, Femme Fi and the Tempting & Shadowy Lady quads from CoC
love.gif

Paint Pot - Moss Scape, Soft Ochre
Shadestick- Gentle Lentil, Lucky Jade, Taupographic, & Fresh Cement
L/S- Blow Dry, Creme Cerise, Skew, Cosmo, All's Fair, Lightly Ripe, Soft Pause, Quiet Please, Marquise D (x2) and Lollipop Loving (x2)
Lipglass- Frozen Dream, Soft Wave, 3N, Full on Lust, Live and Dye, Cherry Blossom
3D Glass- In 3D
L/L- Lure, Sublime Culture, and Beurre
E/L- Blooz, Black Russian (x2) & Molasses (x2)
Antiquitease Coral lips set from holiday 2007 (I'm kinda weirded out that the CCO still has this, but I couldn't help myself.)- Ruling Class & Aristo-Chic l/s, Splendid! Mini lipglass, and a small tweed pouch

I'm very happy overall with my purchases. The only disappointments were the blushcremes because I didn't notice that they were glittery. I HATE chunky glitter in my blushes! I made my purchases over 5 separate trips to the CCO because I would read reviews before I would buy anything since you can't return them. I absolutely
love.gif
all of the e/s, especially the CoC quads, Marquise D & Lollipop Loving l/s, and Black Russian & Molasses pearlglides.

Anyway, if you're ever in the neighborhood I highly recommend stopping by the Camrillo CCO. They don't seem to sell out of their stuff quickly.
th_dunno.gif
They've had their CoC & BBR stuff for a long time. They also have rows of MSFs & Blooming blush! I guess the CCO is a hidden treasure over here. I personally forgot all about it and haven't even gone into the store in years. I can't believe I've missed out on discounted MAC all this time!

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by helena
is there a cco in the uk? where is it?

check out the cco thred and there is a thred on all the uk cco's
smiles.gif

jazmatazz

My best CCO find was definitely Petticoat MSF! I had read so much about it on Specktra and it was awesome to get a chance to purchase it.

saccharinity

A significant portion of my brush collection is from my CCO (franklin mills in philly) I could have fallen over dead when I saw the 187 in there. I also missed the N collection and Neo Sci-Fi because I am relatively new to MAC so I was glad to find a good chunk of each collection at the CCO. I work like ten minutes from the mall so I stop in randomly after work when I have money I can spend.

hawaii02

Foley, AL had some great brushes when I was there last December. It's 4.5 hours away so I don't go often.

dreamscapemess

I have the same issue. I took a trip for the first time to my "local" CCO (still a good hour away) this weekend and I left empty-handed and disappointed. From all of the raves I've heard about CCO's, I expected it to be like, a fortress or something. It had one mac stand, which wasn't even full. *cries inside*

sss215

Quote:
Originally Posted by saccharinity
A significant portion of my brush collection is from my CCO (franklin mills in philly) I could have fallen over dead when I saw the 187 in there. I also missed the N collection and Neo Sci-Fi because I am relatively new to MAC so I was glad to find a good chunk of each collection at the CCO. I work like ten minutes from the mall so I stop in randomly after work when I have money I can spend.

I go to that CCO and they have all the holiday sets now. They also have the Hello Kitty quads there.

They also have a lot of eye shadows. I always find some good ones there.

Flaminbird

I have just two within 23-30 miles from me....Leesburg and Potomac. Leesburg is further but always had a larger selection and Potomac tends to be dumpy. I used to go to the Leesburg one once a month but since I lost my job a year ago I dont go nearly as often....maybe 5 times within the last year.

I was just at the Leesburg one the end of April and found a lot of new stuff but some of the same stuff that I've seen since summer. I did a CP for someone last time and was just there yesterday again. I was able to get in those two trips: Smoke Signal, Heritage Rouge, Push the Edge, Clear Sky Blue, Devil May Dare Quad, Fashion Groupie, Pink Bronze, Corn Flower and One-Off. The Potomac Mills one I just got Violet Pigment and I"ll be going there tomorrow to get a few things for my mom for a belated Mothers Day present. When I go to either of those CCO's I always look for stuff for others and friends from lists I have because you never know what you might find
greengrin.gif

Latest posts