best way to reduce oily skin?

milika

i have very oily skin and now that is summer i get hot easily. i have try many products and nothing seems to work. could anyone tell me the best product i can get to eliminate the oiliness of my t zone?

madeinbrklyn

you're welcome lol
just shake the bottle (make sure you get the regular milk of magnesia)
and apply a little to your face and wait for it to dry and whip the white residue off.

MichaelaLou

i second the clinique.

Also they have a face mask made for controlling oil, ive forgotten the name, but it works awesome on spots too.

shadowaddict

The best product I have found for my oily skin is Smashbox Anti-Shine. It comes in a tube and only takes an very small bit. I mainly use it on my t-zone under my foundation.

I heard about it and went out right away and got a sample from Sephora and that sample lasted me about 2 months. Don't use very much or you'll get the little rillie balls but if so just dab those off with a tissue. It works better than anything else I have tried.

I am in a hot and humid city here and want to also protect my aging 48 yr old skin. So my trial right now is to use MAC P&P spf 50 primer over the Anti-Shine and then foundation. I've only tried this twice and so far it did well.

I know you didn't ask about sunscreens but I thought I would throw this is in. If you do not like the MAC P&P spf 50 (which I didn't when it first came out, thought I'd give it another shot) another great sunscreen is the new Neutrpgena Pure & Free Liquid Daily Sunblock Spf 50. Since it is a liquid you do not get any of the heavy feeling and it soaks right in. This is a new type to the US market. I've ordered a similar liquid sunblock from the Asian market the last couple of years.

Good Luck.

milika

thank you so much! i was thinking about sunscreens and i wanted it to ask opinions About it :D ...lot of people like neutrogena so maybe i can go check it out. I'm looking for something light and that dont leave my face white.

SweetJoy

milk of magnesia really helps control my oiliness for a while. and i have EXTREMELY oily skin! lol

AGREED. It's super cheap and it's definitely a great way to keep oiliness at bay. I don't think I would do it more than once a week though, unless you find you really need it.

SweetJoy

Milk of magnesia should be fine for acne prone skin, if not beneficial, since it's helping absorb the excess sebum that generally causes breakouts. Just be sure to rinse it all off thoroughly and you should be AOK.

Meisje

One of the best things you can do is preventative. I used to avoid moisturizing because I thought it would make my skin worse, but I found that moisturizing after cleansing and toning makes my skin a lot less greasy in the long run. If I am not consistent with my skin care, my skin produces excess oil.

BlahWah

Something interesting I found out about my skin is that it's actually dry so it overproduces sebum to make up for the dryness. I was wondering why all these oil-free products didn't work for me and now that I've stopped using those, my skin behaves much better. My biggest red flag was when Studio Fix, which is supposed to be great for oily skin, looked even greasier after just 1 hour of wear! I know it's not necessarily for everyone but wow, did it not work in any way near what it was supposed to, like a weird foundation mask. I do find that tea tree oil or witch hazel helps as a toner tho. This may not be your case but I thought I'd share if by chance your skin may be similar. Good luck!

milika

what moisturizer cream do you use?

One of the best things you can do is preventative. I used to avoid moisturizing because I thought it would make my skin worse, but I found that moisturizing after cleansing and toning makes my skin a lot less greasy in the long run. If I am not consistent with my skin care, my skin produces excess oil.

milika

i heard that witch hazel helps too, maybe i need to to try it. also read good comments about the Murad oil mattifyer but didnt work for me :( and i have never try the studio fix and probably i wont try it because if it didnt work for you i guess it wont work for me either. thanks for the advice :)

fleur de lis

I've just read two very interesting blog posts today on controlling oily skin and also using milk of magnesia. Here are the links: http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/skin-care/how-to-combat-oiliness/ and http://www.makeupandbeautyblog.com/skin-care/is-milk-of-magnesia-a-cure-for-oily-skin/

Meisje

Some kind of Oil of Olay thing in the evening (it's in a little round purple jar) and Neutrogena Dry Touch sunscreen moisturizer in the mornings.