better black: black tied or carbon?

Katgirl625

Carbon - I think it blends better for a smokey look. But black tied has has those lovely sparkles...sod it, get both!

d_flawless

i prefer carbon, since it's matte and you can use it with everything...but i also think black tied is a MUST...seriously, they're both great to have, because sometimes i'll do BT in the crease but i blend it with carbon so it fades nicely

Parishoon

i'm bad at choosing...if it's buying to have i say both, that way if you're after a certain look you can use the one it suits.

natalie75

Black Tied or Carbon

I've seen so many beautiful FOTD's of smokey eyes. Do I need both Black Tied and Carbon?

YvetteJeannine

Of *course* you do!
smiles.gif

eowyn797

i don't have Carbon so i can't sway you on that one, but Black Tied is *awesome*.

then again, i'm a sucker for the sparkle.

ebonyannette

I like Carbon,
usually what I end up doing is using black tied to help blend out carbon. For me it takes a little more black tied to get the true color.

magi

Re: Carbon or Black Tied

Carbon is matte and Black Tied has quite lot of glitter. Both are very nice. I would say it depends with which colors you want to combine it. If you prefer matte colors, CARBON is the better choose, but it´s maybe a bit more difficult to handle (matte are not easy) - if you like bit sparkles, take BLACK TIED...

lipshock

My favourite is Carbon because I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE mattes and I don't have any troubles when concerned with blending, application, etc. as others have. Black Tied is pretty much the same except for the glitter. And many people find it easier to work with as opposed to Carbon.

I guess it really depends on what kind of look you're going for. But Carbon will forever be a staple in my palettes. Cannot live without it.

Kiseki

If you don't have either, then by all means go with Carbon, you can always put a good black matte eyeshadow to use and if you want to put shimmer on it, you can layer something else like a pigment or a frosted eyeshadow on it.

Yes, mattes are more difficult to blend, but if you master the blend of solid black matte, then you're on your way to mastering blending of sheerer and less solid colors.

bAbY_cHiCkEn01

Carbon - It's a good "all round" color and can be used so many ways and very versatile. Black Tied has glitter, therefore may not be appropriate for all occasions.

Showgirl

Totally second the recommendation that if you're only going to get one, Carbon's yer man.

They're both very nice indeed, though.

me_jelly

Carbon is a matte black shade, and BT has glitter in it. It depends on whether you prefer matte shades (which to me, are a bit harder to blend well) - but if you do prefer matte, then go with carbon. Black Tied is great since it makes for a very sexy smokey eye in any color - I also use it with a light hand in the crease when I want some definition with day looks. The glitter, in my opinion, is buildable and hence not a big problem for me. Also, I must say the BT gives a bit more of a smokey apperance when applied, while carbon gives more of a flat matte apperance.

xiahe

if you want something sparkly, go with black tied (or milani's storm eyeshadow - it's an exact dupe of MAC's black tied). if you want something matte, go with carbon instead.