better black: black tied or carbon?

Re: Carbon or Black Tied

Have you tried Suspicion? I love it. It's black with tiny golden flecks in it. To me,carbon is really harsh and the glitters in black tied were way too big for my taste. Suspicion was perfect. I dont know if they have it in your store since it was LE but it's still available online and I saw it in the store last time I went. Just a suggestion.

zapphire

Black Tied or Carbon??

Not sure which one to get....
th_confused_new.gif

MsCuppyCakes

Re: Black Tied or Carbon??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapphire
Not sure which one to get....
th_confused_new.gif

Black Tied, goes with everything and is easier to play up/down.

GlossyAbby

I say get both... I started out w/ carbon and I use carbon all the time but I love black tied too...I use carbon more b/c it doesnt have the shimmer/glitter

Mizz.Yasmine

carbon is matte so u may actually get more use out of it if u like an everyday smokey eye. it goes with any shadow.

black tied is more of glam black!

nunu

i vote for carbon because it's a matte and you can use it to smoke out any look.

Hilly

both are so different, but IMO carbon is just a more versatile black

LoveMac26

I love both.
But if I had to choose between the two I would say Carbon.
It can be used with almost anything.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlossyAbby
I say get both... I started out w/ carbon and I use carbon all the time but I love black tied too...I use carbon more b/c it doesnt have the shimmer/glitter

I totally agree. I use carbon much more, but black tied is pretty as well.

KTB

I vote for Black Tied since Carbon is a little too harsh for lots of people to pull of IMO.

Nadeshda

I'd go for Black Tied, personally. Specially, if you're just starting out on bolder looks, Carbon may be a bit too harsh, while the glitters/shimmer in Black Tied won't make it look as stark.

kelcia

I vote for Carbon.
People were saying black tied is easier to work with... it's true but I mean you teach yourself if you avoid things that are hard to use you'll never get any further in your make up. Y'know?
And plus.. you're gonna get SO much more use out of Carbon. As for Carbon being stark.. if you use a pencil blending brush like a 219 it's gonna be lighter AND easier to use.
Also.. if most of your shadows are glittery (which mostly everyone's is) then a matte in the crease would be a breath of fresh air.
If you can't tell i'm not a fan of large amounts of glitter.

vocaltest

spoil yourself and get both
winks.gif
hehe. i use carbon more but black tied is handy, and it looks so pretty in its pot.

alwaysbella

I vote for Carbon, It all depends how you want to use and what finishes are most of your eyeshadows. Ex: if you have more of the glittery stuff i'll say carbon because too much shimmer it doesnt look nice, you want to balance a little your colors. But if you have more mattes then go for black tied, either way they both look nice. I just find more uses for carbon than black tied and i have both. hth

eye_pr0mise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelcia
I vote for Carbon.
People were saying black tied is easier to work with... it's true but I mean you teach yourself if you avoid things that are hard to use you'll never get any further in your make up. Y'know?
And plus.. you're gonna get SO much more use out of Carbon. As for Carbon being stark.. if you use a pencil blending brush like a 219 it's gonna be lighter AND easier to use.
Also.. if most of your shadows are glittery (which mostly everyone's is) then a matte in the crease would be a breath of fresh air.
If you can't tell i'm not a fan of large amounts of glitter.

i absolutely agree. lots of shimmer and a touch of matte looks
great. i am also not a big fan of glitter lOl