Biotherm Source Therapie

caffn8me

I'm not entirely sure which of the moisturizers you actually have because they have several with similar names but this is what I've been able to discover so far. Ingredients are rated on a scale of 0-5 for their comedogenicity - 0 is no reaction and 5 is a common/strong reaction. The ingredients which have some comedogenic properties are listed for each product below along with the comedogenicity index for that ingredient.

• Source Therapy Perfecting and Correcting Eye Care
    Contains potassium chloride (5), sodium chloride (5), butylene glycol (1)

Some ingredients may be highly comedogenic but they aren't major ingredients. Unlikely this will cause problems - especially away from the eye where it isn't applied.
  • Biopur Purifying Cleansing Crystal Gel
    contains Sodium Chloride (5), Lauric Acid (4), Triethanolamine (2)

There may be some effect from the Lauric Acid as it is quite high up on the ingredient list as is Sodium Chloride. Possible suspect.
  • Biopur Pore Refining Exfoliating Gel
    Sodium Laureth Sulfate (3), Glycol Stearate (2), Carrageenan (5), Stearic Acid (2)

Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a major ingredient which is quite comedogenic. There are several other comedogenic ingredients too. The redeeming feature is that this is not a leave-on product but is washed off very quickly after use. Possible suspect.
  • Biopur toner
    ingredients not listed on Sephora
  • Aquasource Non-Stop Oligo-Thermal Fluid Moisturization SPF 15 Dry Skin
    Squalene (1), Stearyl Alcohol (2), D&C Red 4 (1)

Several not-very comedogenic ingredients - not likely to be a problem.
  • Aquasource Non-Stop Oligo-Thermal Cream Intense Moisturization
    Apricot Kernel Oil (2), Glyceryl Linoleate (2?), Glyceryl Oleate (2?), Soybean oil (3), D&C Red 4 (2)

Apricot kernel oil is a very major ingredient which can be comedogenic. Definitely suspect.
  • Aquasource Non-Stop Oligo-Thermal Fluid Intense Moisturization SPF 15 - Normal/Combination Skin
    Squalene (1), Stearyl Alcohol (2), Glyceryl Stearate (1)

Not many comedogenic ingredients and those are low-level. Not suspect.
  • Aquasource Non-Stop Oligo-Thermal Gel Intense Moisturization
    Butylene Glycol (1), Sodium Chloride (5), Potassium Chloride (5), D&C Red 4 (1)
    Sodium and Potassium chloride quite high up in the ingredient list but quite unlikely to be present in high concentrations. Not a major suspect.

The other thing you have to consider is that perfumes and fragrances are responsible for many adverse reactions to cosmetics and all these products contain them (although they are not specifically identified)

mspixieears

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffn8me

[*]Biopur Pore Refining Exfoliating Gel
Sodium Laureth Sulfate (3), Glycol Stearate (2), Carrageenan (5), Stearic Acid (2)

Sodium Laureth Sulfate is a major ingredient which is quite comedogenic. There are several other comedogenic ingredients too. The redeeming feature is that this is not a leave-on product but is washed off very quickly after use. Possible suspect.

Good god...SLS is only in practically every body cleanser in liquid form known to person...zoinks. I knew it is responsible for aggravating skin irritations but on top of that, it's comedogenic? No wonder the hunt for products free of LSs is becoming more common. It might just have found another convert.

Bexx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Which parts of your face are breaking out?

My forhead has a million bumps that DO NOT go away and around my mouth and jawline and lower cheeks. So upset.

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexx
My forhead has a million bumps that DO NOT go away and around my mouth and jawline and lower cheeks. So upset.

I hate to regurgitate the same info I say to everyone else, but the derm that treats me let me know that forehead breakouts are typically stress related and jawline/lower cheeks are hormonal breakouts.

If you have health insurance I would reccomend consulting with a derm, I've had great progress/sucess in 5 weeks with the creams prescribed to me.

There are OTC treatments available as well, most importantly BP (benzoyl peroxide).

I can't help with your original biotherm question, but it seems as if caffin8me has answered that one pretty thouroghly!
greengrin.gif

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I hate to regurgitate the same info I say to everyone else, but the derm that treats me let me know that forehead breakouts are typically stress related and jawline/lower cheeks are hormonal breakouts.

Wow! I actually never thought about that, but that's so true! I used to almost never break out on my forehead, especially since I've been in my 20s, but I've been experiencing a lot of stress in the last couple of months, and my forehead has been like a pimple mine field. That's so weird...I never imagined there was a connection.