Bite Beauty

katred

Specktra Bestie
Im compiling my sephora list for when I come to the US in a few weeks and if someone could answer my q's I would love them forever
bouquet.gif

are these products as awesome (lips) as everyone keeps saying
what are your favorites
and most importantly! are the luminous creme lipsticks similar to ysl rouge voluptes?

I'll give it a shot.

1. Everything is subjective, but I will say that I find the Luminous Creme lipsticks hydrating, highly pigmented and lovely to look at. The Deconstructed Rose lipsticks are even better, since they have better lasting power. The matte lip pencils are really more satin than matte, but they feel better on the lips than any other matte products. The glosses tend to be sheer, so many of them appear the same, but they're nice. Not the best, but far from the worst. The one thing that I would say about their products that bugs me a bit is that the colours don't have a lot of nuance to them, which means that they're more easily duped than subtler shades (Guerlain is great at doing subtlety, so that their products always look just a bit different than close dupes.) The best thing about them is how they make the lips feel. I've never experienced a more comforting group of lip products.

2. Crimson Deconstructed Rose lipstick. I've tried the Agave lip mask and while it does feel incredible, it smells like petroleum jelly to me, which is a little off-putting.

3. Not at all. They're more similar to a much creamier version of the Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks.

cr8zy4MAC

Im compiling my sephora list for when I come to the US in a few weeks and if someone could answer my q's I would love them forever :bouquet: are these products as awesome (lips) as everyone keeps saying what are your favorites and most importantly! are the luminous creme lipsticks similar to ysl rouge voluptes? thanks :)
Yes, they are as awesome as everyone is saying! The fact that they are foodgrade is phenomenol!! They all are wonderful. It's a matter of personal choice as to which products will best suit you. What type of lipstick/glosses do you like? What formulation? I don't think the luuminous creme lipsticks are that similar to the ysl rouge voluptes. I have swatches the ysl rouge voluptes of my hands a ton of times, but I would say that the Bite luminous creme lipsticks are much more pigemnted. They triple mill their pigments, so there is a saturation I feel that is better than ysl. There is also more of a cushion-type feel. Plus the fact that on each application you are getting a dose of Reseveratrol, which has the benefits found in drinking five glasses of wine, anti-oxidant wise. There are a few sheerer shades in the group. Vouvray would be one of them. Now one thing I want you to check out from their line is the Agave Lip Mask. It's heaven on the lips. It is decadent!!! Not only is it amazingly moisturizing, but it has tripe ... yes, triiple ... the antioxidant benefits on each application. So on each application, you are receiving the Resveratrol found in 15 glasses of wine. Every single time I slip this onto my lips, it makes me smile. It's the HG for sure! :eyelove: I could go on and on about all my favorites for several pages, but please let me know what type of lip you are looking for and I will help you narrow it down. :)

ChosenOne

I'll give it a shot.

1. Everything is subjective, but I will say that I find the Luminous Creme lipsticks hydrating, highly pigmented and lovely to look at. The Deconstructed Rose lipsticks are even better, since they have better lasting power. The matte lip pencils are really more satin than matte, but they feel better on the lips than any other matte products. The glosses tend to be sheer, so many of them appear the same, but they're nice. Not the best, but far from the worst. The one thing that I would say about their products that bugs me a bit is that the colours don't have a lot of nuance to them, which means that they're more easily duped than subtler shades (Guerlain is great at doing subtlety, so that their products always look just a bit different than close dupes.) The best thing about them is how they make the lips feel. I've never experienced a more comforting group of lip products.

2. Crimson Deconstructed Rose lipstick. I've tried the Agave lip mask and while it does feel incredible, it smells like petroleum jelly to me, which is a little off-putting.

3. Not at all. They're more similar to a much creamier version of the Rouge Pur Couture lipsticks.

Quote: Originally Posted by cr8zy4MAC

Yes, they are as awesome as everyone is saying! The fact that they are foodgrade is phenomenol!! They all are wonderful. It's a matter of personal choice as to which products will best suit you. What type of lipstick/glosses do you like? What formulation?
I don't think the luuminous creme lipsticks are that similar to the ysl rouge voluptes. I have swatches the ysl rouge voluptes of my hands a ton of times, but I would say that the Bite luminous creme lipsticks are much more pigemnted. They triple mill their pigments, so there is a saturation I feel that is better than ysl. There is also more of a cushion-type feel. Plus the fact that on each application you are getting a dose of Reseveratrol, which has the benefits found in drinking five glasses of wine, anti-oxidant wise. There are a few sheerer shades in the group. Vouvray would be one of them.

Now one thing I want you to check out from their line is the Agave Lip Mask. It's heaven on the lips. It is decadent!!! Not only is it amazingly moisturizing, but it has tripe ... yes, triiple ... the antioxidant benefits on each application. So on each application, you are receiving the Resveratrol found in 15 glasses of wine. Every single time I slip this onto my lips, it makes me smile. It's the HG for sure!
eyelove.gif

I could go on and on about all my favorites for several pages, but please let me know what type of lip you are looking for and I will help you narrow it down.
smiles.gif
I completely agree with what the two lovely people above have said in response to your questions. Regarding the Agave lip mask, which seems to be the only point of difference between the two opinions, I personally love it. I just wish they would also make it in a travel-friendly tube, as when I put this on with my finger, it leaves a sticky residue, which is odd since it doesn't feel sticky on my lips at all. But for application at home, it's my absolute favorite. I refuse to use anything else!

I'm not familiar with the YSL lippies you're speaking of, so I can't be of any help there.

It would be hard to narrow down my favorites. My first love was Cassis lipstick. Words cannot describe how excited I was to see that they brought this back after it was unavailable for a long time. It's my favorite shade for fall/winter, hands down! For spring/summer, I am definitely head over heels in love with the new Deconstructed Rose lipstick in Centifolia. And Syrah (high pigment pencil) is my HG nude. If I ever found out they were discontinuing it, I would buy it in bulk! And their lush fruit lip gloss is my favorite gloss formula. It's not the longest lasting, but it's so comfortable and I love the smell, the taste, and the array of colors they have to offer. HTH!

cr8zy4MAC

I love the Agave Lip Mask too!!! I refuse to use anything else as well! To me, it tastes sweet. It reminds me of making a frosting for a cake. It's as if you had added the butter and vanilla with a slight taste of confection's powder sugar, as if you could tase it as it was wafting through the air as you are beatng the mixture! :eyelove: My most used Creme lipsticks are Vouvray and Fig (pinks). My lips not very pigmented at all, so I usually use my Urban Decay pencil in Naked 2 to lightly line and fill in my lips. Then I make it a little more pink by adding Fig or Vouvray. Then the magic really comes into play with my most beloved Bite Lip Lacquer in Valencia. It is so very pretty!!! Depending on the day and the color I am trying to achieve, I might also apply a little bit of Dolcetto (another Lip Lacquer) to complete my pink/nude lip. I completely agree with what the two lovely people above have said in response to your questions.  Regarding the Agave lip mask, which seems to be the only point of difference between the two opinions, I personally love it.  I just wish they would also make it in a travel-friendly tube, as when I put this on with my finger, it leaves a sticky residue, which is odd since it doesn't feel sticky on my lips at all.  But for application at home, it's my absolute favorite. I refuse to use anything else! I'm not familiar with the YSL lippies you're speaking of, so I can't be of any help there. It would be hard to narrow down my favorites.  My first love was Cassis lipstick.  Words cannot describe how excited I was to see that they brought this back after it was unavailable for a long time.  It's my favorite shade for fall/winter, hands down!  For spring/summer, I am definitely head over heels in love with the new Deconstructed Rose lipstick in Centifolia. And Syrah (high pigment pencil) is my HG nude.  If I ever found out they were discontinuing it, I would buy it in bulk!  And their lush fruit lip gloss is my favorite gloss formula.  It's not the longest lasting, but it's so comfortable and I love the smell, the taste, and the array of colors they have to offer.  HTH!

LARAELYSE

You weren't kidding! I'm in love with them too but my mini collection is much smaller. I have three of the cashmere lip creams and five lipsticks. Oh, and the mask... I guess it's not so small after all? 
You got a great collection going! The cashmeres are awesome! I also love the cinnamon oil & the honey lip lacquer!

ChosenOne

Ive been going crazy with bite beauty! I love the fact that it's food grade!
greengrin.gif

Ooooo I wanna play!!! Granted I've been collecting Bite Beauty products for over a year now, but here's my stash!

Now that I'm looking at it, I probably should've opened the Deconstructed Rose gloss set to show all the glosses in there too. The mini glosses that you see in this pic are from last year's "15 Shades" set. So double the number of mini-glosses to account for the ones inside that Rose box.

AND I just realized I forgot to include my custom lipstick that I made at the lip lab in this pic! Ugh...collection picture fail, lol.

ETA: Also found another mini-gloss hiding in one of my purses. Oops.

LARAELYSE

Ooooo I wanna play!!!  Granted I've been collecting Bite Beauty products for over a year now, but here's my stash! Now that I'm looking at it, I probably should've opened the Deconstructed Rose gloss set to show all the glosses in there too.  The mini glosses that you see in this pic are from last year's "15 Shades" set.  So double the number of mini-glosses to account for the ones inside that Rose box. AND I just realized I forgot to include my custom lipstick that I made at the lip lab in this pic!  Ugh...collection picture fail, lol.
What a beautiful bite collection! Im jealous of your custom lipstick! :p is that the cherry lip scrub in the little pot? Im curious to know if it's good! Come to think of it, I shoulda got a sample! Guess I'll be stopping by sephora soon! Lol

mosha010

So I recently got blood orange from the one and only @walkingdead and may I say that these lippys are really the bomb ! ? Like I can wear this and actually my lips feel better than when I'm not wearing anything. I'm seriously looking into this brand

ChosenOne

What a beautiful bite collection! Im jealous of your custom lipstick!
tong.gif
is that the cherry lip scrub in the little pot? Im curious to know if it's good! Come to think of it, I shoulda got a sample! Guess I'll be stopping by sephora soon! Lol
Yes it is! I really like it. The little beads in it are very tiny though, which is a plus for some people and a minus for others. I just exfoliate my lips in little circular motions, then wipe it off with a towel or tissue. Lips feel so smooth and even look better right after I use it!

pemily

thanks all you gorgeous ladies for the advice!!!

In regards to narrowing it down... my fave lipstick shades ever are creme cup ysl rouge volupte 13 and 1.
I like a creamier lipstick with good pigmentation
After I posted here last night I was reading up and found out about this lip lab in NYC
oh my god!!!

I'm going to make 4
a deep crimson red, nude pink, coral and a dark burgundy
I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I really want to be able to go to the lip lab for my own custom shade!!! Seriously, I'd probably drive them nuts, but I've ALWAYS wanted to come up with my own lipstick. What's strange is that I never combine lipstick shades myself... I've tried, but it never looks the way I want and it tends to feel heavy.

elegant-one

So I recently got blood orange from the one and only @walkingdead and may I say that these lippys are really the bomb ! ? Like I can wear this and actually my lips feel better than when I'm not wearing anything. I'm seriously looking into this brand
YAY!!! I have that & really really love it

walkingdead is such a sweetheart!