Black Barbie FOTD

Randy Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme
I have no idea how you do a 2 tone lip like that, but it looks fantastic!! Hey, is that what people think that awful dark lip liner and lighter lipstick will look like when they are done? Is that why they do it? LOL
That is gorgeous. When I am rich and famous, I shall hire you to come do my makeup every day, kay?

You're on! You'll have to include travel expenses, but I've always wanted to visit Australia. And there are lots of pretty gay boys in Perth, yeah?
choochoo.gif

The two tone lip isn't hard at all. I use a two ended lip brush from Laura Mercier. I applied the darker (Hollywood Nights) with the side which is basically like the MAC 318, defining the edge and pulling some color in. The other side of the brush is a squared, flatter brush (sort of like a long 212) to apply the highlight (Melrose Mood) to the inside, and blended it out into the darker. I usually hate Amplified Cremes, but this actually helped since they're so wet it was easier to blend. It's not tough, just takes a gentle hand and lots of blending. I've done similar effect here, where I think I actually used three shades . . . I lined with Cyber, the middle tone was Girl About Town, and the highlight was actually NW20 foundation!
th_LMAO.gif

RobinG

Very pretty look. Your liner is flawless. And the lips areto die for I love how they look.

Being a women of color I think you did a great job at this one. I have 2 of the colors you used and I never tried them together so you helped me out.