Black Friday

pumpkincat210

I never go shopping on this day. People are crazy and rude and the best discounts are closer to Christmas. I do want to get some Who's that lady stuff on Friday though, so I may break my tradition of not shopping on this day.

roxybc

Quote:
Originally Posted by niecypiecy
What is black friday? We deff don't have it in Canada - but then again our Thanksgiving is before yours also.

NiecyPiecy - Black Friday is their version of our Boxing day.

FYI: Americans - Canada (and I believe England and Australia) has a shopping day called Boxing day, which is the day after Christmas - Dec 26th. There are crazy sales, and people will often sleep outside of the stores to get in on some of the deals. I find that the sales are starting to pop up before X-mas, so the boxing day sales aren't as crazy as they used to be, but the electronic stores still have the best deals.

user3

well, it looks like I am going to join the madness.

I have went a few times and I always get great deals.

I did most of my shopping online last year but there are few things I need to actually go instore for this year.

Certian things that my son wants I would rather buy instore so I don't have to worry about sending it back if there is a problem.

Plus, I always follow my plan:
I sleep late on Thanksgiving day since we don't have to go my in-laws until in the afternoon. I stay up all night on Thanksgiving day. We go out and have breakfast around 2am. Get in line for our first store around 3 or 4. We just sit around and chat. By the time the stores open I am so tired I just get what need and jet. I can hit 3 stores and be home by 10am! All the shopping happens in a daze so I have NO idea what is going on. lol We get home, I had the presents and sleep for a few and wake up go out to eat again and pick up a movie on the way home.

The only thing different this year is I will be hitting up MAC for WTL!

It's close to becoming a tradition for us.

notevenjail

In England Boxing Day isn't the equivalent of Black Friday. There aren't crazy sales or anything - we just typically get together with the people who we didn't get to see on Christmas and have a good time.

joytheobscure

I'm going -but I'm not going to the the city - I will go to a bigger town. But not the huge malls. I probably wont' have the patience. I'm looking for under $20 bargains- not the big stuff anyways.

procrastinator

Aww that really sucks, 4 AM?!?!
ssad.gif
Good luck! For me, I'm still in high school, sooo I'm making cards for everyone - it saves a lot of time and money, and it's more personal. But I'm going to buy gifts for my parents and a few very close friends
smiles.gif

lovemichelle

yup 4am. its almost 3:30am and im getting ready for work. i didnt even sleep like 2 hours last night. i had a crappy thanksgiving thanks to my brother so i couldnt sleep. here comes 13 hours of madness.

and its only 18 degrees
ssad.gif

vloky

Gah. I usually avoid black friday, but my boyfriends laptop died last night, and I was like, well wal-mart has some for 378 so we headed over there, and waited in line by electronics for them to come out. The first guy we talked to said there'd be 20. I was in line for a long time, someone told us that there were 10 and that if we sat in one of the ten chairs over in this one section we would be guarenteed one. So I sat in a chair. Half an hour later, they tell us that they sold out of them, they sold them to the people waiting in line, where I had just been, because the workers are stupid. I'm so angry. I do not like being lied to. So my boyfriend is getting ready to call the head office and complain until they compensate us somehow. Because that is bull. You do not lie to people. You do not have 10 different associates/co managers whatever telling us 10 different things. You do not guarantee a product and then 10 minutes later say, "well there is nothing we can do" YARGH!

pink__grapefruit

we ruined our Family Tradition of going to Walmart at 3 in the morning
ssad.gif
We're also ruining our tradition of shopping the day after christmas (we'll be in the bahamas)... It's kind of depressing when I think about it.