Blonde Hair and Asian People

Babylard

I've been considering changing my hair color once again. I've done my black hair to red and then back to brown and now I am thinking of blonde. I've had blonde hair before and I liked it. So I went to search up some hairstyles/colors of blonde haired asian girls and I stumbled on a lot of forums talking about how people feel about asian girls with blonde hair and a lot of it was very negative and very mean o_O

How do you all feel about blonde hair on asians?

I personally think that hair is an accessory like our eyes that can be whatever color we want, regardless of race. Though all colors may not suit everyone, I find it unfair that asian people are singled out when it comes to blonde hair. I can understand that some people do look disgusting with blonde hair, but still, it should depend on the person himself/herself, rather than race. The thing about how Asian people wanting to be more white really ticks me off. Seriosuly, I'm sure that many of us would agree we'd become bored if our hair was always black, just like how bored we'd be wearing black clothing every single day.

I feel so offended when people write off how ALL asian people look terrible/disgusting/wannabe caucasian when they sport blonde hair. Some can pull it off, some cant. doesnt that go for everyone?... That doesnt make us any stupider/skankier etc etc.

I am asian, I am working towards a BA of Science with a major in nutritional sciences, and I love blonde hair.

Tashona Helena

Forget people. People are going to be judgmental and that's what Ive learned being a hair whore. I'm NC50 and I have rocked platinum blonde high lights in my dark hair and I've gotten nothing but compliments when I've done it. I even wear circle lenses in gray occasionally. Do it if it makes you feel better. I do so much that the "average ethnic girl" shouldn't do by standards, and I've done so much in my lifetime. I've learned as long as it makes YOU happy forget about other people. Like Kat Williams says if you have so many haters you need to work on getting more at the end of the day. Haters are just doing their job, don't worry about small-minded people and their old standards for your race.

Ahhh with that said lol. I love Koda Kumi in blonde. When I saw her come out that water in the 2007 Black Cherry tour, I died.

I think her hair color was about this color:

2i9s74z.jpg

I love her in blonde more so than brunette for some reason so I don't know who are these people saying Asians shouldn't rock blonde.

Babylard

^ thank you!!! I'm glad there are more open minded specktra folks with their heads screwed on tight.

that woman is damn hot!

AmiS4ys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tashona Heléna
Forget people. People are going to be judgmental and that's what Ive learned being a hair whore. I'm NC50 and I have rocked platinum blonde high lights in my dark hair and I've gotten nothing but compliments when I've done it. I even wear circle lenses in gray occasionally. Do it if it makes you feel better. I do so much that the "average ethnic girl" shouldn't do by standards, and I've done so much in my lifetime. I've learned as long as it makes YOU happy forget about other people. Like Kat Williams says if you have so many haters you need to work on getting more at the end of the day. Haters are just doing their job, don't worry about small-minded people and their old standards for your race.

Ahhh with that said lol. I love Koda Kumi in blonde. When I saw her come out that water in the 2007 Black Cherry tour, I died.

I think her hair color was about this color:

2i9s74z.jpg

I love her in blonde more so than brunette for some reason so I don't know who are these people saying Asians shouldn't rock blonde.

That looks like Ayumi! Is it? Gosh I used to love her music.

BEA2LS

i am not asian but i always thought asians look pretty with blonde hair.. I actually think anyone can pull off blonde but some shades are better than others.
i like the contrast of the lighter hair with darker eyes, i think it looks nice
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Asians can totally pull off blonde hair! I think that it can look strange if it is too close to the person's skin tone, but I love when asians go platinum, it looks great!

LMD84

i've seen lots of asians with blonde hair! of course it suits some more than others but that goes for any hair style or colour on any race of person!

don't be put off by the negative comments!
smiles.gif
maybe you should go to a salon to ask them what shade of blonde would work best for you to make sure you get it perfect looking and how you want it as well
smiles.gif

obscuria

It really depends on the shade of blonde. The platinum blonde doesn't seem to work for the most part because in general I feel that going that extreme really damages the hair, and no one likes damaged hair.

I'm Asian, and I personally would never do it because I doubt it would look good on me. However, I'm also known to dye my entire head pinks, purples, and blues, so...

It also depends on how dark/light skinned they are. I find that Asians with darker complexions just look odd to me when they go completely blonde.

The one thing that I just really can't stand on Asian hair though is the wide stripper streaks of blonde highlights throughout the hair. But I can't stand that on anyone though.

At the end of the day though, you should do whatever you damn well please. There will always be people who want to say negative.

dietcokeg

i say whatever floats ur boat...float with it. dont care baout what other people say - ive had all shades of blone in my hair but i finally decided 2 go back 2 my natural colour which is black. id get weired looks from people with my blonde hair and i must admit the black hair suits me a million times more (lol!) but i luved my hair blonde and i thought i looked good and thats all that matters! ur skin colour should never constrict u into what u do in life, espically not ur hair colour or makeup! express urself hun! and dont mind all the haters, seriously if i got a cent for all the ppl that gave me dirty looks with my blonde hair i could set up a savings account! but there were other people who loved it - so u cant win em all! but as long as ur comfie, screw the rest!

Modmom

I had to laugh at one part of your original post...that Asian women dye their hair blonde to try to look more white. Do you know how many times I've heard that white women like to tan because they're trying to look like black women? Completely ridiculous. Find the right shade for your skin tone and go for it....and I'll keep on enjoying the sun LOL

Shadowy Lady

Honestly, I think hair colour is like makeup as in anyone can pull off any colour as long as they have the attitude to go with it. I personally prefer myself with dark red hair even though my natural colour is chocolate brown. I feel sexiest with the dark cherry locks.

Everyone has their preferences, the same way you should ignore ppl who make mean comments about your makeup, you should do the same about ignorants who do that for your hair

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
..... Do you know how many times I've heard that white women like to tan because they're trying to look like black women? Completely ridiculous. Find the right shade for your skin tone and go for it....and I'll keep on enjoying the sun LOL

yeah, I had someone comment on my blog on a photo of me with braids (I got them done vacationing in the Dominican) that I was trying to look black!!! Are you kiddin me?? Some ppl are just so caught up in stuff like this u gotta laugh it off

MizzTropical

I don't look at it as negative at all. It depends on the girl's reasons for doing it(like with any image change for any race). If you just simply like lighter hair, then go for it.
smiles.gif
I would do a pretty warm caramel blonde with honey highlights and a few platinum strands framing ur face.

Meisje

You could totally pull it off. I can't see it being too different than a tanned woman with blonde hair and that combination seems incredibly popular!

You could hold some color swatches up to your face and see what colors flatter you to help decide what color to get.

blazeno.8

If you have the confidence, then yes, you can pull it off.
I have purple hair right now and I love it.

Shanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
It really depends on the shade of blonde. The platinum blonde doesn't seem to work for the most part because in general I feel that going that extreme really damages the hair, and no one likes damaged hair.

It also depends on how dark/light skinned they are. I find that Asians with darker complexions just look odd to me when they go completely blonde.

The one thing that I just really can't stand on Asian hair though is the wide stripper streaks of blonde highlights throughout the hair. But I can't stand that on anyone though.

This.

BeccalovesMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
It really depends on the shade of blonde.

I totally agree. My lil sister(latina) is like bleached blonde. That shit does not look flattering at all. I tried relaying that to her but she would not hear it. She fucken swears she is fooling everyone seriously.lol I seen some asain girls that can pull it off and I also seen girls that failed miserably. Go to a really good salon and ask for opinions. I personally think black hair is beautiful. It makes my olive skin look great.

MaskedBeauty

Seriously, some people are just dumb. Most people talk shit cuz their jealous. But I say who gives fuck what they think. If you like blonde hair then go for it! It's YOUR hair and what YOU like, who cares what everyone else thinks or likes!?
winks.gif

kabuki_KILLER

I think it depends on the shade you're going for and the kind of image or "look" you're pursuing.

And hey! I don't get sick of wearing black every day. =P

Jessica0984

I have been dying my hair since I was about 13, I am White/Caucasian and just like you I have heard something about EVERY haircolor I have done. I also self tan, so when I dyed my hair black and had a light coat of self tanner on everyone was like look at that girl trying to be a latina if I kept my natural pale skin they would say oh my she is goth something must be wrong with her. Right now I have red hair and I haven't heard many comments on this one but I am bored with it and next week it is going to be a light golden brown. I see my hair as one of my best accessories. It is something I can change without going under the knife for plastic surgery and it helps my self-confidence, just like makeup. I say if you want to be blonde go for it, I have seen alot of asians that can rock blonde better than I ever did.

Latest posts