Blonde Hair and Asian People

MaskedBeauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
I have been dying my hair since I was about 13, I am White/Caucasian and just like you I have heard something about EVERY haircolor I have done. I also self tan, so when I dyed my hair black and had a light coat of self tanner on everyone was like look at that girl trying to be a latina if I kept my natural pale skin they would say oh my she is goth something must be wrong with her. Right now I have red hair and I haven't heard many comments on this one but I am bored with it and next week it is going to be a light golden brown. I see my hair as one of my best accessories. It is something I can change without going under the knife for plastic surgery and it helps my self-confidence, just like makeup. I say if you want to be blonde go for it, I have seen alot of asians that can rock blonde better than I ever did.

I know this is totally random but what self tanner do you use?? I've tried SOOOO many of them and they all seem to make me look either yellowish or orange-ish.
shockt.gif

Vixxan

You only have one life to live. You should live your life on your terms. If you want blonde hair then have at it. If a black woman wears a weave then she trying to be white. If a white woman wear braids then she is trying to be black. There will always be someone saying some stupid crap like that. Ignore it! People only say mean negative crap like that when they are trying to get others to conform to their way of thinking. Usually the people talking crap are the very people that are afraid to step outside the generic box. I love to see free people express themselves. Live Free.

I totally understand exactly where you're coming from. I'm Asian as well and I'm a total hair freak
smiles.gif

My natural hair color is dark reddish brown but I've had every hair color from jet black, blonde, red, pink, blue, & purple. I've also had everything from short hair (bob hair cut) and also real long hair which I had braided a lot.

Do what makes YOU happy & screw what everybody else thinks. You're not doing what you do to please them..regardless of your hair color everybody will always have their own opinion and have something to say. Society IMO has gotten bad and continues to get worse.

I've seen plenty of girls that aren't white with bleached hair..Asians, Latinas, or African American..and seen white girls that are born blonde that dyes their hair black. Whatever floats your boat mamas..

Babylard

thanks all! i made an appointment with my aunt for monday. she's going to do my hair blonde! ill post an fotd too =D although she giggled at me and called me a crazy girl...... haha and personally, i like blonde hair on asians too, as long as its done right (i.e. not brassy/orangey yellow) i am excited
greengrin.gif

Nox

Do what you like. It's your own hair, nobody will wear it but you. When you get bored with it, change it. If it gets damaged, you can always grow some more.

joygasm

Yeah, blonde looks great on asians. Even though I do not like Tila Tequila. I don't think shes pretty at all.

S.S.BlackOrchid

I say do it! It has nothing to do with "trying to be white", hair is just fun to mess with. I am Indian and have dyed mine red before but blonde would not suit me at all.

Lauudd

I think blonde looks great on assians, but it's your decition, and if it makes you happy it's all that matters.
thmbup.gif

Latest posts