Blue Pigment

lah_knee

described as cobalt or not, its still the same blue pigment they had before... its not new :x

perpetuallycute

It makes me sad to say this, but a girl on lj who works for mac mentioned getting in the display for rebel rock and there was no place for blue pigment.
ssad.gif

I'm hoping it will get its own special place!

Anala

I was wodering how this color blends/fades away. Like does it hold it's blue tone well or does it fade to a silvery blue?

Jeniwren

Sorry, i'm afraid I can't answer your question about the pigment. I just had to post to complement your avatar - Jeff Buckley - He was so talented and such a hottie!

artemisa

I have the old version and it's fantastic!!!

The color is REALLY similar to Belle Azure or Freshwater, as you prefer
th_wink3.gif

I've always used a base under (bare canvas paint) and lately, with mixing medium. So it stays all day without fading and the color is really bright.

Love it!

user2

Hey artemisa!!

You're here as well?? I never noticed that!
I received your oackage today! Thx again for the Blue Pigment and the goodies!
I wrote you and gave you a good token on MUA!!

artemisa

Hi!!

Yeah, I'm quite new here.

Hope you enjoy it!! I read here from Sonrisa that the new one coming out with Rebel Rock is not exactly the same, and that she thought the old one was better. I'll go to my PRO shop next month and I'll check if they have more to get another jar, it's my favorite color!!!

fletch50

Blue Pigment Missing?

Was the Blue Pigment missing from anyone elses Rebelrock displays today? There wasn't even a spot in the display for it! Did any other Canadians notice this? They also said Goldplay wouldn't be out until next week
ssad.gif

ladybugz07

Blue pigment, really that different from the old dc'd Blue?

Okay, lots of ladies are saying that this is very different from the discontinued blue pigment and I just wanted everyone's opinion...
Thanks!
smiles.gif

mac_obsession

Definately!!
I got mine today, and I compared it to the old pigment and theres a huge difference. Not color wise, but density wise. I had to use 3-4 swipes of the new to achieve the one swipe of the original....I can take pics tomorrow if you want.

ladybugz07

Really?!? I just assumed that they'd be the identical... If I have the old Blue, do you think it's worth it to get the new one?
smiles.gif

Demosthenes

The color is very similar, but the "feel" of the pigment is different. I agree with what mac_obsession said, and also that it faded a little faster than the original when I made swatches.

JoyC

guess they've got more filler in the new one...... it's all about making $$$ now~ *shakes fist*!!!

MrsWaves

Yep, it's the feel really. SonRisa said it best, the old pigment feels more wet or something.. just different.

I have a half jaor of the old blue left so a sample of new blue is all I need personally.