Body Piercing...

joygasm

I wasn't sure exactly which forum board this fit into.
I thought, accessories, maybe it would apply to fashion.

Anyway to those of you who have body piercings, I have an Industrial and a monroe.

I want new jewelry, and was wondering where you guys got yours?

Don't bash me if it's in the wrong board, I'm sorry in advance.

dorkeelovex

If you have an industrial you could probably find something cool at a Hot Topic. Monroe's you can find at a Piercing Pagoda stand, or anything other small jewelry stand. I have also heard of finding amazing jewelry at swap meets, just make sure you sanitize it really good before you actually wear it
smiles.gif

Shimmer

Find a piercer local to you and ask several people for recommendations on where to buy jewelry.

Pnk85

Hot Topic and Spencer's are always the stores I go to first. But I prefer the kiosk in the mall that exclusively sell body jewelry because their selection is always better and they are more willing to give you a deal so they can make a sale.

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnk85
Hot Topic and Spencer's are always the stores I go to first. But I prefer the kiosk in the mall that exclusively sell body jewelry because their selection is always better and they are more willing to give you a deal so they can make a sale.

Do they have a website? I tried looking them up but I'm not sure...

Tinkee-Belle

I used to have a zillion and one piercings when I was in high school and I bought my jewlery from Ebay.... much bigger selection and the prices are really good!

hhunt2

I used to have an industrial in high school, and I thought I was the shiet. lol

I used to get industrial bars at piercing shops ONLY!
I didn't get it at Hot Topic or Spencers b/c industrial bars can range in sizes. Plus the sales people there don't know what they were selling you. I've had a manager tell me this... she had said, when you ask to open the jewelry case they usually send someone who's familiar with gauge sizes and jewelry.

So if you know what your looking for, go to Hot Topic. But I suggest going to a legit piercing shop. You want someone who knows what they are selling(and what metals are in your jewelry). Sometimes paying a little more is worth it b/c your getting great advice with it.

Oh yeah, and if there are any tattoo & piercing conventions in your area! Vendors there usually have a wide range of jewelry for a decent price.

KikiB

I have some troubles because I have a nostril piercing, but it is 18-gauge, and most places, including the body jewelry store in the mall, only carry 20-gauge in gold for the most part. I would definitely suggest that you go to a reputable piercing place, because they will have more sizes of the jewelry and they'd be able to help you find what you need. Also conventions, because they'd have tons of selection.

Beauty Mark

Go to an actual piercer. Have you ever changed your jewelry? If not, sometimes it's good to have the jeweler do it.

I used to get stuff off of Ebay, but some of it is really shoddy. I have two nostril piercings, and the gems would fall out of the screws

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Go to an actual piercer. Have you ever changed your jewelry? If not, sometimes it's good to have the jeweler do it.

I used to get stuff off of Ebay, but some of it is really shoddy. I have two nostril piercings, and the gems would fall out of the screws

Oh (*cringe*) Ebay...

I agree. EBay has some shaddy people.
I've bought plugs from someone once. When I recieved the plugs, it was too big. So i couldn't wear them... I had to wait a year to wear it (I had to wait for my ears to stretch larger).

Beware of EBay!

lyttleravyn

Ok, I don't know why this thread seemed to turn to bash Hot Topic and Spencer's, but I work at a Hot Topic and the jewelry is not as horrible as people make it sound. I can't speak for Spencer's or other kiosks, but if you are properly cleaning your piercing you shouldn't have any issues with jewelry purchased at HT. And at least at my store we do have a good number of people who are very knowledgeable about the jewelry, piercings, guages, etc. Most of the time we get idiot teenagers who come in with a pencil in their ear looking for large guage piercings and don't know what they're doing (skipping too many sizes, not letting them heal, piercing things themselves).

Also it doesn't matter how much you spend on a piece of jewelry, that alone will not help your piercing heal any faster. Your body will heal itself, you just need to keep it clean and don't play with it. A lot of times, people have metal allergies so that will have a lot to do with it also.

reesesilverstar

Piercedfish.com... I got mines there when they first started. They have an ok inventory. But the shipping was super fast and I still wear it. No reactions (bought the surgical steel type with no plating)

Tried buying at the mall, but within 5 mins I was itching and burning... Not doing that again...

Ladydee91500

bodycandy.com <~~~ been using it for years
minkymonky.com <~~~ newer place I found - but both have good prices and you can get real diamonds and gems for decent prices. Pretty good selection.

infernalmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyttleravyn
Ok, I don't know why this thread seemed to turn to bash Hot Topic and Spencer's, but I work at a Hot Topic and the jewelry is not as horrible as people make it sound. I can't speak for Spencer's or other kiosks, but if you are properly cleaning your piercing you shouldn't have any issues with jewelry purchased at HT. And at least at my store we do have a good number of people who are very knowledgeable about the jewelry, piercings, guages, etc. Most of the time we get idiot teenagers who come in with a pencil in their ear looking for large guage piercings and don't know what they're doing (skipping too many sizes, not letting them heal, piercing things themselves).

Also it doesn't matter how much you spend on a piece of jewelry, that alone will not help your piercing heal any faster. Your body will heal itself, you just need to keep it clean and don't play with it. A lot of times, people have metal allergies so that will have a lot to do with it also.

trust me here, i have over 10 piercings myself.

-the body jewelry you can find at hot topic is -sometimes- halfway decent but does not compare at all with highly polished professional jewelry made by companies such as anatometal, body circle, and industrial strength.

-the type of jewelry you use in your piercing (surgical stainless steel 316LVM or surgical quality titanium) will CERTAINLY affect how your body both reacts and heals. if you use crappy jewelry with a low polish, your body will try to get rid of it. this causes lots of piercings to be inflamed or "reject"

anyway, hot topic is nice for t-shirts but i wouldn't ever buy anything other than standard earrings there.

Latest posts