Bottled Water in Your Car

GreekChick

I guess we should all stop living because, as glam8babe mentionned, everything is supposed to give you cancer these days. You shouldn't microwave your food, because that causes cancer, you shouldn't wear makeup, because that causes cancer, you shouldn't drink cold or hot water, because that causes cancer, you should only wear cotton, because everything else causes cancer, you shouldn't stay in the sun, because you will get cancer, yet you should see at least some sun so as to not get cancer...
What are all these rumors based on? It's been the trend these past years to claim everything is bad for us...What are the sources? Has anyone actually died from all of these?

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekChick
I guess we should all stop living because, as glam8babe mentionned, everything is supposed to give you cancer these days. You shouldn't microwave your food, because that causes cancer, you shouldn't wear makeup, because that causes cancer, you shouldn't drink cold or hot water, because that causes cancer, you should only wear cotton, because everything else causes cancer, you shouldn't stay in the sun, because you will get cancer, yet you should see at least some sun so as to not get cancer...
What are all these rumors based on? It's been the trend these past years to claim everything is bad for us...What are the sources? Has anyone actually died from all of these?

Exactly!! Most of these tests are done on lab mice who have been given ridiculously high doses of whatever agent that then causes cancer. Like the aspartame thing...to get cancer, you'd have to drink gallons of diet stuff every day (unless of course you have that sensitivity to aspartame - then it's really harmful). Fast food, really junk food in general, can cause heart disease if eaten in large quantities. What good is it to live in a box? I try to enjoy myself - everything in moderation (including moderation, lol).

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
It's BS. The same is said of heating baby bottles in the microwave.

You aren't supposed to microwave baby bottles because the contents heat unevenly and can cause serious burns if a baby attempts to drink and gets a "hot spot."