Brand New Lipglass Gone BAD

christineeee_

I bought a 2N l/g from the MAC site a few weeks back and when I opened it, it smelt like crayons. I called customer service and I could barely understand what the lady was saying, but she said she wouldn't be able to send me another 2N l/g cuz its LE. it's still available online so I don't get why she couldn't send me another one. She told me to pick something else, so I picked Nymphette l/g. She asked me for my address and I spelled it out and repeated it for her twice, but I don't think she got it right because when she repeated what I said, it just didn't sound right. We'll see if I get my replacement in 2 weeks.

lara

Call the CS line again and confirm it.

It's better to take the minute or two to confirm your details than to wait two weeks and possibly not get anything at all.

HOTasFCUK

I think they should send you what you ordered especially if its still available on the site! I would call back again with your complaint & tell them you're also willing to send back the 2N if they need to do "testing" or whatever! You can also tell them to cancel the replacement lipgloss.

I really hope you get a nice, fresh 2N!!! Good luck & keep us updated!

foxyqt

my 2N l/g and Flashtronic l/g smell like crayons too! they dont have that vanilla-scent like other MAC glosses.. i thought maybe its a new formulation or something o_O

erine1881

there's no point in calling for a new one. if they send you new one, it'll be bad too. it was a bad batch. unfortunately it happens occasionally. if you exchange it at a store, that one will be bad too. i would just return it if it's within the time limit.

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineeee_
I bought a 2N l/g from the MAC site a few weeks back and when I opened it, it smelt like crayons.

Crayons isn't a bad smell. It's when the item smells like vinegar, or just 'off' in general... that's when you have to worry or toss it.
th_dunno.gif

HotPink

I just used my 2N for the first time this weekend and mine smelled like crayons also. I was pretty disappointed, but now that I know that particular lipglass came from a bad batch I feel a little better about it. At least I don't have to go through the effort of finding a new one when it is going to smell the same.

aziajs

I had this happen with my Raquel lipglass from the Raquel Welch icon collection. I returned it to MAC HQ and had to choose a perm. color so I chose Revealing. As luck would have it the Revealing lipglass has that same crayon smell and taste. What are the odds. I just gave up. I was just talking to a MA at one of the counters and she bought up Raquel. I told her about my experience and she said her's was the same way. She figured it was just a bad batch.

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
Crayons isn't a bad smell. It's when the item smells like vinegar, or just 'off' in general... that's when you have to worry or toss it.
th_dunno.gif

it smells pretty bad. i tried putting it on my lips and i almost gagged :S

erine1881

save it for b2m. i was so bummed when i got fashion pack from barbie, and i went to put it on, and it was bad! everyone's was bad. i hate to part with it tho (its a lipglass version of love nectar, my fave lipcolor ever!). i'm trying to convince myself to deal with the bad taste, but everytime i put it on, i have to take it off immediately.
ssad.gif

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by christineeee_
it smells pretty bad. i tried putting it on my lips and i almost gagged :S

How can crayons smell bad? It's just wax. And it's the aroma of childhood!

Your gloss must smell like something else if you almost gagged. Can you describe it better?

That's really disappointing, though, if you can't wear it because of the smell. Ad it's brand new too. Are you going to take it back to a store, where they are more helpful... and complain?

erine1881

it kinda smells and tastes like a waxy melted plastic-y kinda thing.
sick.gif
its hard to describe it, but you sure know it when you smell/taste it. you want it off your lips just as fast as you put it on!

Winthrop44

I had the exact same problem with Raquel and I bought 2 at the time. They sent me replacements and they were every bit as bad. I would do what erine1881 suggests and just return it or save it for B2M. My Raquel replacements went B2M. I am really sad to hear that about 2N....will have to check mine today.

Edited to say that I have looked high and low for my 2N and can't find it. I wonder if I already B2M'd it for bad taste and can't remember?! Oh well, if it's just lost I guess I shouldn't feel too bad either under the circumstances.

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I had this happen with my Raquel lipglass from the Raquel Welch icon collection. I returned it to MAC HQ and had to choose a perm. color so I chose Revealing. As luck would have it the Revealing lipglass has that same crayon smell and taste. What are the odds. I just gave up. I was just talking to a MA at one of the counters and she bought up Raquel. I told her about my experience and she said her's was the same way. She figured it was just a bad batch.

You know I have noticed that it mostly seems to happen with the corally colors and was wondering if it might be a particular pigment that either goes bad fast or is bad to start with, or just plain tastes bad?

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
i'm trying to convince myself to deal with the bad taste, but everytime i put it on, i have to take it off immediately.
ssad.gif

lol i tried that with my 2N, but the smell and taste was so unpleasant i had to scrub it right off my lips

Meryl: crayons don't smell as strong as my 2N, and like erine said, it is hard to describe but she described it the way i would've. i just opened it again to smell it and the smell gave me a headache
thmbdn.gif
umm i bought it online so i don't think the MAs in store can help me.

Meryl

^^ I was always told that if you have a receipt, or proof of purchase, you can take something back... to any MAC store. Is that not right? Does anyone know for sure?

darkishstar

I thought it was weird that my 2N was like that too. It was crayony.. but not bad enough that I couldn't handle it.. so I use it anyways. It's way glossier than my other lipglasses as well. It's strange, but I'm going to keep using it.
oh.gif

Meryl

I kind of sorry I read this thread.
tong.gif

For some reason, I thought I had 3N gloss... but that's the lipstick. I do have two 2Ns... I just haven't worn them because of Fafi and Heatherette coming out so quickly and preoccupying my interest. I very nervously smelled my 2Ns and you're right. They do smell different than the other glosses. Not as honey-sweet. More plastic-y. I'm going to give it a test run tomorrow and see how it goes.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
^^ I was always told that if you have a receipt, or proof of purchase, you can take something back... to any MAC store. Is that not right? Does anyone know for sure?

stores have a 30 day return policy.