Brand New Lipglass Gone BAD

amoona

I never smell my lipglass haha. I can never figure how people smell the crayon smell or whatever because they never smell good or bad to me.

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryl
^^ I was always told that if you have a receipt, or proof of purchase, you can take something back... to any MAC store. Is that not right? Does anyone know for sure?

it says on my online receipt that i can't return items to a store.

Winthrop44

Just found my 2N lipglass by accident hiding behind my e/s palettes...and yep, it is BAD.
ssad.gif

christineeee_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Just found my 2N lipglass by accident hiding behind my e/s palettes...and yep, it is BAD.
ssad.gif

it sucks doesn't it? 2N l/g is such a nice nude colour

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
ssad.gif

Funny, i have so much makeup that I lose things all the time & then find it rolled under something else
tong.gif

I checked my 2N & Barbie Fashion Packed & they smelled fine...not as vanilla as some but not bad either... hmmm.

Winthrop44

Lucky! 2N is nowhere to be found online anymore so it's not like we can get another one in the hopes it may be good.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
Funny, i have so much makeup that I lose things all the time & then find it rolled under something else
tong.gif

I checked my 2N & Barbie Fashion Packed & they smelled fine...not as vanilla as some but not bad either... hmmm.

the smell gets worse when you put it on. did you try them both on? did they taste horrible?

christineeee_

I got a letter in the mail today confirming my replacement l/g, and i was right, the lady spelled my street name wrong. She also spelled my last name wrong. Oh well..as long as my postal code and house number are correct everything will be delivered to me

HotPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
it kinda smells and tastes like a waxy melted plastic-y kinda thing.
sick.gif
its hard to describe it, but you sure know it when you smell/taste it. you want it off your lips just as fast as you put it on!

You're right...it smells like burnt plastic and it's really hard to ignore. My 2N isn't as bad as some others that I have. I bought Heartthrob at a CCO a few years ago and the smell is really strong. I don't think I have worn it once...perhaps it's time to B2M it.

greatscott2000

just curious to see if anyone bought Sockhop from Heatherette and had the same experience as 2N.
As someone said in some posts before, it may be related to the pigment that is in the lipglass.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
just curious to see if anyone bought Sockhop from Heatherette and had the same experience as 2N.
As someone said in some posts before, it may be related to the pigment that is in the lipglass.

no probs with my sock hop. i haven't heard of probs with anyone else's at work either.

HotPink

My Sock Hop is fine...it smells delicious as usual. Can you imagine if Sock Hop came from a bad batch? There would be a riot!

elegant-one

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the smell gets worse when you put it on. did you try them both on? did they taste horrible?

Sorry erine I just saw this.
I tried them on & it wasn't noticeable to me.
th_dunno.gif

It doesn't have that vanilla taste/smell but it isn't really plastic or bad smelling or taste either. Kinda just nothing... hmmm My Lip Varnish have that plastic smell/taste though & they separated in the tube.