Brands you just can't get into?

HotPinkHeels

can't stand:
Mary Kay
Avon
Bloom (looks cute but really crappy quality)
Revlon
Elizabeth Arden
Rimmel/She/Maybelline/any of those types
L'oreal (with the exception of the Glam Shine sorbet glosses)
YSL
Guerlain (purely because its extrodianrily over priced for what it is)

Star

I don't buy drugstore cosmetics, bought too much junk and wasted too much money over the years.

I hate Estee Lauder, esp their e/s.

fletch50

For me its:
Clinique
Estee Lauder
Elizabeth Arden
Chanel
Lancome (except JTs!)
Shiseido
Tony and Tina
Bobbi Brown

speakerpunk

To be fair, I tried...

Lancome
Hard Candy
Too Faced
Guerlain
YSL
Maybelline
Arden

and just couldn't do it. Maybe it's a mental block, or just bad quality of the things I've tried, but I have no desire to play with anymore of those brands.

AlliSwan

I only buy nailpolish and L'Oreal Voluminous mascara at the drugstore, but I will probably be strictly OPI& MAC for polish after having HORRIBLE experiences with both Revlon and Avon nail polish. Each of them (even with a base coat) turned my nails brittle and HIGHLIGHTER YELLOW for as long as they took to grow out. I have since boycotted all of their products out of fear! I wrote the companies and all I got was a coupon in return--yeah, thanks, I really want to go buy more...

Also not too into Stila, Clinique (bc of the packaging--ugh), Hard Candy (packaging is cool but not for me), and actually... who am I kidding?....I ONLY WANT MAC!

HotPinkHeels

Clinique always gets bashed-i love their stuff
oh.gif
ops:

laceymeow

i just could never get into covergirl, even when i was really young.
pretty much everything else out there (high and low end) is fair game for me though.
greengrin.gif

sephirias

i'm afraid i'm quite conservative when it comes to trying out new brands because any brand that has bright colours allure me, ie. MAC.

don't really like:
stila (no no no)
tony n tina
clinique
elizabeth arden
max factor
shu (will try when i have the $)
BB

deathcabber

Love: MAC, UD, Milani...random things from many DS brands

Never got into: many other random DS things, Stila (tho I have fierce tauple palette and its very purty), Origins, Lancome, BE, Dior, NARS (tho maybe I should), EL

stevoulina

Wow a lot of people hate drustore...why?I love drustore cosmetics (not all of them of course!)

Most brands I've tried are OK to me,from some of them I like only a couple of things and from some I like most of their things!
th_wink3.gif

Brianne

Shu Uemura
Clinique
Lancome
Estee Lauder
Elizabeth Arden
Bobbi Brown
Laura Mercier (though I might try the foundation)
Trish McEvoy (not a fan of the planner system)
YSL
Guerlain
Clarins
Smashbox

xiahe

Cover Girl. Mainly because of all the animal testing that they do. That's absurd.

And pretty much everything else except for MAC and Milani. I'm highly addicted to both. ♥

most of the brands you all named, i actually really like.

i cant get into hard candy much nor estee lauder's colour yet they have a great skincare line

i love dior, but imma dior girl
smiles.gif

mspixieears

Paula's Choice makeup! It looks awful! I don't really like the whole Estee/Clinique etc. type thing either but I have some Clinique lippies (their Different & Almost ones).

I'd say I'm not into any brands that are not animal cruelty-free.

I like UD but HC has never appealed to me, now that's bizarre.

But most brands have one product that I can see the fuss in e.g. Stila shimmer e/s, Pout l/s, Becca foundation.

Confession: used to hate...MAC!!! But when I got my first MAC item, curiosity reigned supreme, then love quickly after. I think back on it now - it was the obnoxious department store counter staff I hated. Always made me feel like I looked like - and was - shit. They'd circle around me and never offer help.

Kind of the complete opposite to here, thankfully!