Breaking up ain't easy to do

Blueeyesangel18

I'm so sorry to hear this breakups are tough, we are here to support you hun whenever you feel down you say you feel relieved so maybe it was for the best hope you feel better soon
th_hug.gif

dizzygoo82

I'm really sorry to hear that
ssad.gif
I think you made a good decision with the ring so you've got a good head on your shoulders. And your family is willing to helpwhich is great. Breakups are tough, but time makes everything better.

joey444

You're one of the smart girls that actually realized BEFORE getting married that it wasn't meant to be. It's tough right now because no matter what, you shared almost two years of your life with this guy and definitely have some love for him. You're a tough and smart girl though and I'm positive you will be fine because you have the BEST support system in the world....US!!! Tons of hugs and hope you feel better!

MissResha

ssad.gif
feel better hunny. i went thru a terrible breakup over a year ago, was with my ex for 4 years. i knew it wasn't gonna last, apparently he didnt though. so its hard to be the first one to walk away but sometimes its necessary. i know its cliche, but time is your best friend. *cyber hugs*

FiestyFemme

I'm so sorry to hear about your breakup.
ssad.gif

I'm sure that's extra hard considering y'all were engaged and living together. I'm sorry it couldn't work out, but if it's not working, it's not working. It's so much better that you realized this and are getting out now before y'all got married or maybe even had kids. I know breakups are tough, but I'm sure this is worse. Big hugs coming your way! Stay strong, sweetie!
th_hug.gif

Shadowy Lady

aww Brit I'm so sorry to hear this. I was wondering why I didn't see you around here for a while. I agree breakups are always hard to do, especially in this case as you guys were already engaged. We're all here for you and will support you all the way. If you need to talk plz send me a pm, I'm always here to listen
smiles.gif

Take good care of yourself

Heiaken

I was just yesterday thinking about you and how you are. I'm sorry to heart it had to end with Nick, but I'm sure you have made the right choice. I'm sending lot's og hugs and positive vibes to you
th_hug.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Aww hun I'm sorry your going through this. Life's weird, I kind of like to believe that everything does happen for a reason and that eventually everything will fall into place. Love comes and goes, sometimes it's just not meant to be. The best thing though is to be honest with yourself and if your not happy, to do something about it whether it be breaking up with this person or whatever. It's hard but at least you figured it out and took action before you two went ahead and gotten married. That would just make things 100x more complicated and difficult. But its good that there are some good things happening in your life like your new job opportunity. I guess sometimes we've got to lose something before gaining something else.

florabundance

So sorry to hear this, what with everything you've been through recently
ssad.gif
But i'm glad that you feel relieved...hopefully that indicates that the break up was something that needed to happen.
Take some much needed time for yourself bb. Think about all the selfish shit that makes you happy and just go for it, delve into it
yes.gif
Spoil yourself...and it time things will get better.
Everything will fall into place when it's ready. But don't punish yourself. You talked about your sex life as though YOU were solely to blame. But to me, in relationships, problems are subjective...if you were supposed to have faced the problem together, you would have or could have. (on a seperate note, have you spoken to doc's about that issue..maybe there are things you can do to regain sex drive????)

I hope that this all leads to happier times hon.

rbella

I'm so sorry sweetie.
th_cheerup.gif
Please let me know if you need to talk. I hate that you are going through this.

melozburngr

I really suck at offering advice when it comes to this sorta stuff, but just know that things WILL get better. I was in a similar situation, but ultimately ended it too. Its not fair to yourself or the other person to string things along with #1. hopes of things getting better #2. if you're not happy. Things always happen for a reason, and there is almost always a silver lining. Look at this as an opportunity to rebuild your life, examine what you really want in life, and what direction you're going to head in next. Things WILL get better, and you WILL be ok!
smiles.gif

fafinette21

I'm so sorry to hear this
ssad.gif
This is an especially difficult situation to be in, in light of all of the other things you have had to deal with recently. I hope you are feeling better and am glad that your family is there to support you. It was very brave of you to take that step instead of hoping things would get better. It sounds like you made the right decision.
th_hug.gif

th_kiss.gif

there's a kiss from to you from me! i hope you feel better girl! i know exactly what you're going thru & i'm not just sayin' that to sympathize. me and my ex of 3 years split and he also told me to keep the engagement ring. i personally tried giving it back at least 20 times, no bullsh&t. everyone told me to sell it but i didn't have the heart. i asked him one final time to take it back and he didn't so it's stored away..he told me to wear it as well..he said he still loved me and for me to keep it for the future but i knew there was no future. totally sucked, i was a hot mess for 6 months. lost weight, i mean i was bummed. til i woke up one day and realized it happened for a reason and that the break up was going to happen sooner or later and better sooner that it did later. wow i totally just wrote a novel haha sorry.

i really do hope you feel better..how's moving back in with your parents feeling?

hope you feel better!

ps- you're a gorgeous girl! with a good head on your shoulders. you'll find a great guy who will love you and treat you like a queen you are!

GlitterGeet

Aww I was thinking about you today and read this... *hugs HUGS HUGS!*

I know what you're going through and it is really hard to let go but in due time everything will fit in it's proper place. These moments are so confusing... shoot... I have recently been dealing with the fact that I still love my first love who is back in the picture to some extent... but I'm not IN LOVE with him because I know deep down he can't make me truly happy and isn't meant to be my future husband. It sucks because I do love him but I know that I can't be happy with him because I would end up making all the sacrifices and that's not who I am.

You'll find the right one hun. The fact that you were able to see this before anything became official is huge and amazing. That's a giant step and from here one out... it's just taking one breath at a time and seeing where the moment takes you!

I'm here for you lovely.

Moxy

Ohh Brit I know I'm late, but I hope "better late than never" still means something.
I am so sorry your relationship didnt have a happy ending
ssad.gif
We all knew how much you loved him and will probably always care for him. All that matters, however, is YOUR happines and we will always try to make you feel better when you're down. I saw the pic of you and your Mac kitten and it is so precious
heart.gif

I know the times arent the best and that you probably dont put your looks on your priority list, but yu still look amazing. Again, the photo of you and your kitty - you're just as beautiful as you always were.
I hope the grief will end soon, the pain will probably stop but I guess you'll miss him for some time still. It's always like this with break ups.

Anyways, could you ask the mods to change your Specktra name instead of creating a new one?

Lots of love and hugs from me
heart.gif
th_hug.gif

kaliraksha

I've been avoiding posting here because I feel like nothing I say could ever be enough. But, I just realized what it is... I'm impressed and proud of you... to put comfort, knowing, reassurance aside and do what is ultimately going to make you happy. I see and know of so many people that slump into familiarity and just get married because it was "the" next thing to do. They lead lives feeling like something is missing or having what if's. I really hope that you take all the good things from your old relationship and find what you're looking for.

Latest posts