Bronzer for the Bronzed!

Fancydymedout1

My favorite bronzer of all time is MAC Refined Deeper Bronze, but it was discontinued and I'm still on the search for a dupe. I've purchased many since then but I rarely even use them because nothing has been able to give me the same effect.

sagehen

My favorite bronzer of all time is MAC Refined Deeper Bronze, but it was discontinued and I'm still on the search for a dupe. I've purchased many since then but I rarely even use them because nothing has been able to give me the same effect.
I feel the same way you do. I am afraid to hit pan on the one I am using now, because I only have one backup. I don't know what I will do when that runs out. It's a great color, not too shimmery. I am trying out Stila Sun Bronze Shade 2...have you tried any of their bronzers?

beautelle

Has anyone tried MAC's MSFN in Sunpower as a bronzer?? I'm a NC45 for reference. I'm afraid it'll look too orangey on me.

sagehen

Has anyone tried MAC's MSFN in Sunpower as a bronzer?? I'm a NC45 for reference. I'm afraid it'll look too orangey on me.
Sunpower works as a bronzer for me when I am wearing a foundation that is too sallow. Otherwise it can tend toward orange-y on me. This is disappointing because a MAC artist used it on me and I loved it. You have reminded me of something I need to work on.

gina12345

I am NC50, I use it from time to time. It can look a little orangey on some days but there are times when it looks beautiful. Lately I use Sun power or Blunt or Format as bronzers depending on my mood. If you compare Sunpower to Coppertone, Coppertone is more orange & sunpower is more brown.
Guerlain #8 ( really expensive for me) is very pretty especially with MAC Trace Gold as a highlight. Bobbi Brown Deep is really good.and does not get enough attention.
I also want to add that Guerlain on my oily skin, no matter what primer I use, disappears after a few hours. GONE!!!

sagehen

I am NC50, I use it from time to time. It can look a little orangey on some days but there are times when it looks beautiful. Lately I use Sun power or Blunt or Format as bronzers depending on my mood. If you compare Sunpower to Coppertone, Coppertone is more orange & sunpower is more brown. Guerlain #8 ( really expensive for me) is very pretty especially with MAC Trace Gold as a highlight. Bobbi Brown Deep is really good.and does not get enough attention. I also want to add that Guerlain on my oily skin, no matter what primer I use, disappears after a few hours. GONE!!!
co-signing on the Guerlain. It is beautiful on NC50. I will have to try it with Trace Gold.I gave mine away but now I am wanting a new one.

gina12345

Try it with Cheeky Bronze too!
co-signing on the Guerlain. It is beautiful on NC50. I will have to try it with Trace Gold.I gave mine away but now I am wanting a new one.
Try it with cheeky Bronze too!
Guerlain #8 is close to MAC Blunt, Guerlain has a touch more red, just a touch & Blunt is brown no red & no orange.

sagehen

Try it with Cheeky Bronze too! Try it with cheeky Bronze too! Guerlain #8 is close to MAC Blunt, Guerlain has a touch more red, just a touch & Blunt is brown no red & no orange.
I can't believe that I have never tried Blunt. I keep seeing WOC recommending it. One day...soon.

gina12345

Hi There,
I am NC 50, does anyone have Guerlain Terracota 4 seasons in ebony? It is the one with a dark pink section with 3 dark brown bronzer sections.
I am woundering how it looks and does it even show on nc50 skin. Is it worth the money? It is hard finding the right bronzer & I have the plain #8 terracta bronzer. Thanks for helping me

sagehen

Hi There, I am NC 50, does anyone have Guerlain Terracota 4 seasons in ebony? It is the one with a dark pink section with 3 dark brown bronzer sections. I am woundering how it looks and does it even show on nc50 skin. Is it worth the money?  It is hard finding the right bronzer & I  have the plain #8 terracta bronzer. Thanks for helping me
Check the NC50 thread. There was someone who has that bronzer. She loves it. She says it shows up and she uses the little red button for a pop of color. I hope I am quoting her correctly. It is one of the latest pages in that thread. If I find it I will add a direct link.

gina12345

Check the NC50 thread. There was someone who has that bronzer. She loves it. She says it shows up and she uses the little red button for a pop of color. I hope I am quoting her correctly. It is one of the latest pages in that thread. If I find it I will add a direct link.
Thank you so much! I completely forgot about the NC 50 thread, it rarely comes up in the new post lists. Thank you

NicoleL

Hi There,
I am NC 50, does anyone have Guerlain Terracota 4 seasons in ebony? It is the one with a dark pink section with 3 dark brown bronzer sections.
I am woundering how it looks and does it even show on nc50 skin. Is it worth the money? It is hard finding the right bronzer & I have the plain #8 terracta bronzer. Thanks for helping me
I was looking for something else and came across swatches for this product and remembered that someone had asked about it. I'm not sure if they are from the person that posted about it in the NC50 thread, but I believe the blogger is also NC50. http://theglamshack.blogspot.com/2013/10/guerlain-terracotta-4-seasons-tailor.html

gina12345

sagehen

OK Gina, you have got to come back and tell us about it when you buy it. I am looking at it and just need a little nudge.

oliviajames

Woww..! It is wet & wild simply awesome!..and cheap
cheerleader.gif

Seriously, I am nc43 and I loooove #743 Tahitian Tan.

Shars

I tried the new Sleek bronze block in Dark and I think it's a cheaper alternative to the Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons in Ebony. It has the same three varying dark blocks plus the pinky one for a pop of colour. I still low-key want the Guerlain one though, but not quite willing to part with my $76.00!! lol

gina12345

I tried the new Sleek bronze block in Dark and I think it's a cheaper alternative to the Guerlain Terracotta 4 Seasons in Ebony. It has the same three varying dark blocks plus the pinky one for a pop of colour. I still low-key want the Guerlain one though, but not quite willing to part with my $76.00!! lol
I have not tried Sleek but I have tried the Guerlain Terracota 4 seasons. I am NC 50 but the colors go on smooth and very pretty but it seems to get darker on my face as the day goes on.
Even though I use a fluffy brush, I am thinking its too dark /red for me, whether I mix all the colors or just the 3 browns. #8 Ebony does the same, it darkens as the day goes on, a lot. I also ordered #5 bot I am on the fence about it, it does not darken but it comes out as a glow and I wear it with margin. It is not very dark & it is almost impossible for me to put too much on, I use an ELF blush brush.
I am debating on which to send back, keep or exchange.#7 also darken & became very red/ brown even though I used a fluffy brush (MAC 138).

Latest posts