Brush sets rant

jdmac

sanayhs & rocking chic-i had just posted a thread about my horrible 129SE and then found this thread...

i was just complaining how i'm noticed that my 129SE really sucks...i dno't remember it being like that before, but it'd definitely not soft hairs & the hairs actually look brittle! =(

and yes, it sheds ALL OVER the place. so i was wondering how it compared to the full size 129. Full is better??

CoralBlast

i wouldn't mind if there were less brushes in the sets with better quality though. Some are worth the purchase but i have decided to invest in the better quality of full size brushes.

roselyn112

Basically i feel that they're okay if your traveling and need to save some room, but I would never bother using them for advance application techniques, just a very basic blush-powder-lippie look. The quality in these are severly different and dont even come close in comparison to their full sized brushes. i bought a set a few years back (cant remember the collection) and within months they were so bad that I tossed them out. however they do beat out most drugstore brush sets; and I liked that they intergrated the 187 into the sets as well.

NatalieMT

I have one of the Heirlooms brush sets and I've got to agree I'm not too impressed. I think they're good for starting out but not after that, my sister isn't really into makeup, I got her the eye brush set at Christmas and she really thinks it's great. But then again she never applies full face and rarely wears eyeshadow so for limited use they're perfect in that sense.

But to me the brushes are of inferior quality to those not in sets and it shows. My 216SE sheds like crazay! Personally I think now I'd rather have invested the £39 from the set into one really good full size brush.