Bumpit

FemmeBella86

Hi everyone,

Has anyone here brought the bumpit online & liked it?
I have thin fine dark brown hair & no matter what i wash it with it's always flat. I thought this might be a cute change.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks!
th_DANCE.gif

moopoint

Ooh I just seen the ad on T.V, I wanna know too. Looks too good to be true. It looks like its likely to be visible if not careful.

FemmeBella86

Yea, I figured you would be able to see thru it... Teasing, combing & hairspray just makes my hair stiff & flaky

M.A.C. head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdemers1221
Hope this helps.

In response to the YouTube vid posted:

LOL C'mon now [not you kdemers] you only had it for A DAY and you haven't really tried it out. I don't think it's supposed to be miracle product that will GIVE you glamorous volume, rather something that will act as an AIDE to keep your volume up, along side whatever other styling products you use.

I don't have much hair, or long hair I should say, but I like the idea of it. Some of those bumped styles are cute and classy. It's a great alternative to the fake ass rockabilly jive that's been going on.

kdemers1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
In response to the YouTube vid posted:

LOL C'mon now [not you kdemers] you only had it for A DAY and you haven't really tried it out. I don't think it's supposed to be miracle product that will GIVE you glamorous volume, rather something that will act as an AIDE to keep your volume up, along side whatever other styling products you use.

I don't have much hair, or long hair I should say, but I like the idea of it. Some of those bumped styles are cute and classy. It's a great alternative to the fake ass rockabilly jive that's been going on.

i don't know. i'm subscribed to her so thats how i knew about the video. i personally wouldn't buy bumpits anyway. hard plastic on my head does not seem comfortable. i thought a review someone did might be helpful. but i agree... maybe it just takes a little practice. who knows.

User35

Its hard ! I have a really really hard time getting it right. I can never get the placement on the right part of my head ( it looks like a weird alien bump) and there is never enough hair to cover it..I have lots of hair too. I think its more trouble than it is worth. Id rather use mouse blow dry and then tease and spray. And then the mini bumpits for the bangs ...forget it they are really small, useless I think. I wish i could get my money back..because I hardly ever use it.

moopoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429
Its hard ! I have a really really hard time getting it right. I can never get the placement on the right part of my head ( it looks like a weird alien bump) and there is never enough hair to cover it..I have lots of hair too. I think its more trouble than it is worth. Id rather use mouse blow dry and then tease and spray. And then the mini bumpits for the bangs ...forget it they are really small, useless I think. I wish i could get my money back..because I hardly ever use it.

Thanks for your honest opinion! I'll just backcomb my hair myself!

BEA2LS

thanks for your opinion, it really helps because i was kinda thinking of getting it but figured it would be too much work than its worth.

onepinkdiamond

I have bumpits.... I didn't get the Hollywood size just the standard size. It's alright... I figured I would get the hang of it eventually but I really haven't. It's honestly good for people who at least have a thick crown on top (the top part of your head). I personally do not have a thick enough crown to cover the bumpit, unfortunately....although I have REALLY thick hair (???) which is probably why this didn't make such a huge impact on my look. You will still need to tease your roots a bit to get this to stay. But I think if done right, you can achieve what you're after; I think this product is particularly good if you were trying to do a formal updo and you wanted to add some oomf... Or to a french twist, it has its uses. Could I do without it? Yes. For thin haired gals? Probably.

gigiopolis

Sort of off-topic, but I wish they would put a hyphen in that name. Bump-It. I always end up reading it as Bum Pit, which reminds me of a really smelly armpit. And I don't want no smelly armpit in my hair.

Meisje

The YouTuber is called BigHappieHair and the company who makes Bumpit is called... BigHappieHair. And the video is now gone.

astronaut

I have the bumpits. I was expecting it to be better to be honest :\ I have thin Asian hair and I don't have enough hair to cover the plastic. It's an interesting idea, but I'd maybe add some synthetic hair around it or something to make it less obvious and easy to conceal.

kimmy

FYI: that company's customer service is fucking awful. they charged my card for two sets, and while they sent me both sets...i only ordered one. after that, they refused to let me return the second set for a refund.

i have the brunette ones, and i have long fine hair...they're okay. with fine hair though, you need alot of teasing, pinning and product to keep the piece from showing.

palmetto_barbie

i bought the bumpits and i LIKE them because it makes getting big hair quicker, but the same look can be easily obtained with teasing like a pro
smiles.gif

LaGoddess

I swear by Comare's Mark V Comb and Lift from Sally's Beauty Supply. It's only $1.49 with a sallys card! It's a teasing comb with a row of metal pins on the end that u use to adjust the height of the area u just teased. It's perfect for creating full hair at the crown. Bumpits are a waste IMO. Who wants to walk around knowing a piece of plastic is hidden in their hair? IDK why but that bothers me lol.

Latest posts