Bumpit

hrockstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGoddess
I swear by Comare's Mark V Comb and Lift from Sally's Beauty Supply. It's only $1.49 with a sallys card! It's a teasing comb with a row of metal pins on the end that u use to adjust the height of the area u just teased. It's perfect for creating full hair at the crown. Bumpits are a waste IMO. Who wants to walk around knowing a piece of plastic is hidden in their hair? IDK why but that bothers me lol.

ooh the mark v...old skoooool
smiles.gif
The only thing that makes me think of big hair more is the *metal* rat-tail my mom used to use with her hot rollers, add-ons, and aqua-net
smiles.gif

Love it! Thanks for the smile.

TheeBettyBoop

I did, but havent really used them since I didnt really like them. If you have a lot of hair (to hide them) and have the time to use them then they're ok for you, but if you're like me that dont have much or have thin hair then I suggest for you to do the good ol' teasing method.

ShortnSassy

i'm a cosmetology student and one of my friends from school bought the bump it just to see how it was. she has hair almost to her waist that is medium thickness but won't hold backcombing, and when she tried to use the bump it she had to do the same amount of backcombing she normally does, if not more. four other stylists tried to use it and failed. and we are professionals (well... getting there at least haha!). i think they are useless pieces of plastic.

ruthless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
FYI: that company's customer service is fucking awful. they charged my card for two sets, and while they sent me both sets...i only ordered one. after that, they refused to let me return the second set for a refund.

i have the brunette ones, and i have long fine hair...they're okay. with fine hair though, you need alot of teasing, pinning and product to keep the piece from showing.

AGREED. I ordered one from the site, was never charged for it AND never got it.

MsWonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronaut
I have the bumpits. I was expecting it to be better to be honest :\ I have thin Asian hair and I don't have enough hair to cover the plastic. It's an interesting idea, but I'd maybe add some synthetic hair around it or something to make it less obvious and easy to conceal.

Vidal Sassoon Hair Poufs. Kind of pointless if you still have to tease your hair but this one has the synthetic hair covering it and it clips in. I saw it at Ulta.

cupcake_x

I just bought the bumpit and I'm already regretting it.

It's WAY too small for my head (I have a big ass head but still..
ssad.gif
) and it takes way too much effort for it to stay in place. After you tease the crap out of it and cover it up really well it's nice, though.

I know I'm late but is anyone still using these with luck? I want to order some since their super cheap now. For $4 it's worth a try. From what I've read their either hit or miss. I tease my hair daily & I want to give it a lil break, I'm hoping the bumpit will help me atleast be able to tease a lil less.

Meisje

Could you use hair extensions to wrap the bumpit prior to covering it with your hair?

I have pretty thick hair and was surprised that my hair was "too thin" to cover the Bumpits. I plan on trying them with a wig or something later.

TropicalXO

I was so close to buying these but decided not to. I'd rather just tease my hair, it's really not that bad to tease your hair if you do it the right way. I thought Bumpits would be quicker to use everyday but there's too many bad reviews for me.

ruthless

I eventually saw these heavily discounted at Zellers (Equivlant to K Mart for you US ladies) and also knock offs are appearing at the dollar store. I was extremely dissapointed, you'd be better off buying some hair and making your own little soft pouf it would look more realistic. Bumpits don't hide well in hair, they're not comfortable or easy to use and you still have to back comb.