Calling all Matte lovers

ginger9

Hi everyone,

I'm developing a real fondness for the Matte look these days and I wanted to ask all you Matte lovers and users out there for your highly recommended list for eye shadows, blushes and foundations in the Matte category. Does not have to be MAC brand or high-end.

Currently I don't own any Matte shadows, except for Malt and Entremauve p/m which I LOVE. My matte blushes are Don't Be Shy and Goddess. In terms of foundation, I don't use a Matte foundation per se but just "regular" foundation as opposed to the kind with luminizer or the "dewy" finish.

TIA!!
cheerleader.gif

Fairybelle

For MAC blushes, I would try: Mocha, Prism, Coppertone (this is fantastic for summer), and Stray Rose (just gives the sexiest flush).

Bobbi Brown also makes some really great matte blushes. I have her Rose blush and it is great--no shimmer or shine. HTH!

Winthrop44

I'm a matte lover too!!! I'm not sure if there are many of us on here. I wish MAC would come out with more matte eye shadows. Anyway, I use Alima mineral makeup, which is actually considered a satin. For blushes I love recently found Strada, also Blushbaby, Goddess and Smile. Eyeshadow faves are Vanilla, Malt, Orb, Bisque, Quarry, Haux, Kid, Soft Brown. Some of these are Satins but any shimmer is really minimal. HTH!
smiles.gif

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I'm a matte lover too!!! I'm not sure if there are many of us on here. I wish MAC would come out with more matte eye shadows. Anyway, I use Alima mineral makeup, which is actually considered a satin. For blushes I love recently found Strada, also Blushbaby, Goddess and Smile. Eyeshadow faves are Vanilla, Malt, Orb, Bisque, Quarry, Haux, Kid, Soft Brown. Some of these are Satins but any shimmer is really minimal. HTH!
smiles.gif

Horray
cheerleader.gif
I'm glad I found another Matte lover! I do agree MAC doesn't give a lot of love to Matte finishes (especially e/s IMO), although I am seeing a few Mattes and Satins in the LE that came this year. I loved both the Racquel blushes...and the two Danse p/m were semi-matte. Does any one know if there's another brand that's strong in matte shadows aside from Bobbi Brown? I'm from Canada and Bobbi Brown is expensive not to mention only available in like two stores in Toronto.

palatial

mac's corduroy e/s is really nice...i love matte shadows so much, i wish there were more colours!

red

If you like matte browns, I suggest Becca "suede", it's gorgeous, goes on very smooth
eyelove.gif

MACHOMULA

Dovefeather is a discontinued matte e/s. You coud probably find it on ebay though. It is absoulutely gorgeous and very versatile.

Ms. Z

I like matte, I agree, I wish MAC would make more matte/veluxe and/or satin products. I prefer matte l/s because I love to wear l/g but have not found any recently that I really like (I did see a couple by Nars that I want to try out).

My favorites by MAC are
e/s: Embark (M), Kid (V), Bateau (M), Ingenue Blue (V) & Steep (V)
blush: Mocha, Peachiness/Blushbaby (LE)

for Matte & Satin finishes besides BB try
Paula Dorf & Laura Mercier
L'Oreal & Revlon (nice colors, but on me the color payoff is not very good)

I forgot Lancome; they have a few matte e/s (and they look like they fit into MAC palettes, but I have not tried it yet)

aziajs

The thing I like about MAC is that they have a lot of shades that are not technically matte but give a matte finish - ie. Entremauve. I actually happen to LOVE satin eyeshadows. I keep hoping that this year they will come out with an all satin collection like they have done with the lustres, veluxe pearls, veluxes and velvets. *fingers crossed*

Blush
Gingerly
Mocha

Eyeshadow
Bisque
Plumage
French Grey
Print
Nehru
Carbon
Femme Noir
Kid
Embark
Sketch
Texture

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
The thing I like about MAC is that they have a lot of shades that are not technically matte but give a matte finish - ie. Entremauve.

OOOH I LOVE Entremauve, it is absolutely fabulous when wet, used with a damp brush. It's like this gorgeous jewel purple without sparkle it's soooo intense. Matte lovers need to check this pigment out!

Here's a pic of me wearing Entremauve, I layered a shimmery lighter purple shadow on the inner half of my lid. My flash didn't do Entremauve justice, it looks better IRL.

f19f2784.jpg

2721ee11.jpg

chillipea

You're right - matte e/s are somewhat forgotten sometimes.
Blackberry is a matte e/s that I personally love - it makes the green in my eyes stand-out.

MAC_Pixie04

My favorite matte finish e/s:
Blu-Noir(M), Carbon (duh)(M), Velvet Moss(V), Beauty Burst (S), Saddle (M), Passionate (M)
NARS Thunderball, Cancan, China Blue
Laura Mercier: American Coffee, Truffle

Latest posts