Calling all Matte lovers

Winthrop44

Hey, good news for matte lovers! Apparently there will be 20 new matte e/s coming out later this year:

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=56315

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

Mixxi

For a matte foundation I love MAC's Studio Tech and my favorite MAC matte lipstick is Ruby Woo <3 it's gorgeous.

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
Hey, good news for matte lovers! Apparently there will be 20 new matte e/s coming out later this year:

http://www.specktra.net/showthread.php?t=56315

cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif
cheerleader.gif

WOW! That's awesome thanks for the link! I see they have a launch called Matte 2 in October I wonder what that's all about
hmm.gif

Oh and I just added more mattes to my collection:

Cork e/s
Omega e/s
Glam l/s
Annabelle Ivory
Annabelle white
cheerleader.gif
Hopefully this will be the year of mattes! And some colour mattes to boot!

Ms. Z

I previewed the Matte 2 collection last night & I am in love!
eyelove.gif
*the MUA were painting the face charts while I was shopping (OK, lurking peeking being nosey)

There were two shades of Brown, a dark Turquoise
thmbup.gif
, a dark purple
thmbup.gif
, dark berry, dark blue, a shade of green (looked darker than Sultress from the RW collection)
thmbup.gif
, a shade of taupe, I can’t remember anything else (nor the names). The charts they made looked gorgeous; I hope they are put on the site. *especially the one done with shades of brown & turquoise

September can't come soon enough.

LuvBeMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLoves2Shop
eyelove.gif
*the MUA were painting the face charts while I was shopping (OK, lurking peeking being nosey)

thmbup.gif
, a dark purple
thmbup.gif
, dark berry, dark blue, a shade of green (looked darker than Sultress from the RW collection)
thmbup.gif
, a shade of taupe, I can’t remember anything else (nor the names). The charts they made looked gorgeous; I hope they are put on the site. *especially the one done with shades of brown & turquoise

They are permanent, aren't they?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Matte blushes that I like are Hushabye (I think it's matte anyway), Fever, and NARS Exhibit A.

Matte shadows that I love are Purple Shower, Electric Eel (or is it Satin?) and Passionate.

Taj

A learnt a trick from the Armani MA to make nice matte lips:
Wear your nudy l/s as usual than lighlty powder. The result is amazing !

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvBeMac
They are permanent, aren't they?

I don't know (I didn't think to ask), but that would be nice because I may not be able to afford to buy too many at once.

Winthrop44

Quote:
eyelove.gif

thmbup.gif
, a dark purple
thmbup.gif
thmbup.gif

I am soooo with you! Thanks for sharing the sneak peek!
clap.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
I don't know (I didn't think to ask), but that would be nice because I may not be able to afford to buy too many at once.

I sure hope they are permnent, because from the sounds of it, there are ALOT that I want to add to my collection, especially the teal, purple, berry and blue!
eyelove.gif

me_jelly

Most of my blushes are matte because my oily skin doesn't work well with the shimmery ones (too bad, since there are so many pretty shimmery blushes out there)

My fav mac matte blushes are:
Peaches, melba, breath of plum, blushbaby, and dame

iamlelilien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
OOOH I LOVE Entremauve, it is absolutely fabulous when wet, used with a damp brush. It's like this gorgeous jewel purple without sparkle it's soooo intense. Matte lovers need to check this pigment out!

Here's a pic of me wearing Entremauve, I layered a shimmery lighter purple shadow on the inner half of my lid. My flash didn't do Entremauve justice, it looks better IRL.

f19f2784.jpg

2721ee11.jpg

Sorry to be asking an unrelated question in this thread, but what is the sparkly purple?
eyelove.gif

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I sure hope they are permnent, because from the sounds of it, there are ALOT that I want to add to my collection, especially the teal, purple, berry and blue!
eyelove.gif

20 colors in this collection
thud.gif
?

I only saw about 10 and liked 6 of them and now I will have even more to choose from.
weeping.gif

ginger9

Quote:
20 colors in this collection
thud.gif
?

I only saw about 10 and liked 6 of them and now I will have even more to choose from.
weeping.gif

20 colours!!!??? I am excited and scared for my wallet at the same time!

Thanks so much for the info, now I am going to seriously save up for this collection!!!

Btw I know this may be an obvious question but are all the shadows matte or are some satin or vp?

ginger9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlelilien
Sorry to be asking an unrelated question in this thread, but what is the sparkly purple?
eyelove.gif

No problem. The sparkly purple is not MAC, it's from an Australian line called Sugar Baby (really ADORABLE pink packaging) - they call it Eye Shimmer. It's kind of like MAC pigments but much finer, almost powder like. I don't have it with me so I don't know the colour but I don't think there's a large range of colours to choose from. I bought it from SDM (drugstore) in Canada but I don't know who carries this line in the US...

Here's the website:
www.sugarbaby.com.au

HTH

Winthrop44

I wish they would release some semi-matte shadesticks to go with the upcoming matte e/s collection. Beige-ing is just too frosty for me.

Treejewel19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzpop
I love MAC's blush in Melba. MATTE. It's beautiful. Not too overwhelming.

I love Melba! Gorgeous on any skin tone.

yumemiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger9
OOOH I LOVE Entremauve, it is absolutely fabulous when wet, used with a damp brush. It's like this gorgeous jewel purple without sparkle it's soooo intense. Matte lovers need to check this pigment out!

Here's a pic of me wearing Entremauve, I layered a shimmery lighter purple shadow on the inner half of my lid. My flash didn't do Entremauve justice, it looks better IRL.

f19f2784.jpg

2721ee11.jpg

Entremauve is by MAC right? Why can't i find it on its website? Is it a pigment or what?

macjunkieTURKEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
Cheek is discontinued now, but if you can find it, it's a great peachy matte blush.

i love cheek, i didnt know it was discontinued they still have it here.