Calling all nations!! Carnival Season 2014!!

MissElle12

Hey everyone! Decided to start a thread to discuss costumes, band lauches, make up, meet ups, etc for Carnival Season 2014! All Countries welcome! Don't forget to rep where you're from!! #TeamGuyana :nanas:

DILLIGAF

Since we are giving our islands a shout out....

#Aruba

Any ladies heading down south for the Miami Carnival?

MissElle12

Since we are giving our islands a shout out.... #Aruba Any ladies heading down south for the Miami Carnival?
Aruba is beautiful! Nope, transiting through Miami that weekend for a friend's wedding in Key West this year...I've always wanted to go though. How is it? I've heard mixed reviews about it.

DILLIGAF

Nope, transiting through Miami that weekend for a friend's wedding in Key West this year...I've always wanted to go though. How is it? I've heard mixed reviews about it.
Since I've been down here its been ok. It's not as organized as the one in NYC but it's fun. I go almost every year to see the costumes,hear the music, and eat the food. Lawd di food! I believe that since I've moved to the MIA there was some friction and at one point there was two carnivals one in Broward and one in Miami-Dade. They seem to have joined forces again and there is only one event now. The parties are awesome and I look forward to Diamond Vale's one every year. Last year they threw a Breakfast party at Jungle Island.

KrysMi

Since I've been down here its been ok. It's not as organized as the one in NYC but it's fun. I go almost every year to see the costumes,hear the music, and eat the food. Lawd di food! I believe that since I've moved to the MIA there was some friction and at one point there was two carnivals one in Broward and one in Miami-Dade. They seem to have joined forces again and there is only one event now. The parties are awesome and I look forward to Diamond Vale's one every year. Last year they threw a Breakfast party at Jungle Island. 
There was alot of friction but now it's combined it became a turn off for some

KrysMi

Girl I've been wanting to go to TNT for Carnival for years!!! My friend told me if I decide to go to start working out now and building my stamina!
Yes you WILL need it. I've been going over 7 years now and playing with the same band so I want a little change. I'm thinking of venturing out to other carnivals like notting hill crop over and caribana

DILLIGAF

Yes you WILL need it. I've been going over 7 years now and playing with the same band so I want a little change. I'm thinking of venturing out to other carnivals like notting hill crop over and caribana
Caribana is AWESOME!!!!!! I've not been since I was a teen but it was soooo much fun back then! Notting Hill Crop Over would give me a great excuse to return to London. Like I need one!

KrysMi

I wonder of that is the reason Carnival Nationz has not been down there.
Idk but it will be good to get another band with great costumes and different ideas in the MIA. Btw Miami carnival has been pushed back to the 19th of October for those who are coming down

steaminghot

Idk but it will be good to get another band with great costumes and different ideas in the MIA. Btw Miami carnival has been pushed back to the 19th of October for those who are coming down
I saw that on Instagram. I follow a couple Mas camps so I have an idea who to play with in their city.

KrysMi

I saw that on Instagram. I follow a couple Mas camps so I have an idea who to play with in their city.
Most people play with generation X and most of my friends with wassi ones since the know Giselle or has a section in party room squad but I haven't played or gone to carnival since 09

DILLIGAF

I've never played Mas but a few of my friends just started the last few years. They always look like they are having a great time and they have been asking me to join this year. I keep thinking if I play Mas that would be less time to eat. lol

KrysMi

I've never played Mas but a few of my friends just started the last few years. They always look like they are having a great time and they have been asking me to join this year. I keep thinking if I play Mas that would be less time to eat. lol
Lol you'll enjoy it depending on the band you'll have flowing drinks and they'll give you food

MissElle12

Hmmm...I better start working out now if I want to hit up T&T, Caribana, and Miami all in the same year next year!