Can I depot eyeshadows from Limited Edition Quads and How?

Julie

I really want to depot from my Diana Ross Quad but I am not sure how because they seem to really be stuck in there. I don't want to ruin the quad. Any tips and suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Janice

no, just login and then copy and paste the URL into your browser. You might also have to be a member of MAC_Cosmetics so just add that group to your friends list too.
greengrin.gif
HTH

msthrope

if you can't see it and don't want to create an account, i have the pictures stored in an email...just pm me your email address and i'll email them to you.

huggablesecret

Does anyone depot their premade quads?

I'm temtped to just to make things a tad more organised, but was wondering if anyone else her does it, or has done it?
Anything I should know about before I begin
smiles.gif

Ta

karinaf

Re: Does anyone depot their premade quads?

I do! I like to keep all my pans in the 15 pan palettes and don't like extra stuff hanging around.

There was a tutorial around somewhere, but of course I can't find it.

Basically:

1. Take an exacto knife and wedge it between the outside and inside plastic insert of the quad pan holder thingie - it will eventually pop out.

2. pop that insert out, and gently pry the pans out of the quad - they're not glued on that strongly.

3. pop insert back in, resell if you want, its magnatized.

hope that helps!

noahlowryfan

do they still sell the premade quads at the counters, freestanding or PRO stores?

lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
do they still sell the premade quads at the counters, freestanding or PRO stores?

Depending on if there's one released with a collection or if a counter is sitting on old stock.
smiles.gif

Taj

How do guys label the e/s once they are depotted to the pallette?

courters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
How do guys label the e/s once they are depotted to the pallette?

I stick magnets on the backs of the eyeshadow and then write on the magnet with a silver gel pen. Any light color gel pen would work fine. Just make sure to let the ink dry before you stick it in the palette/quad.

aeni

I do! I then keep the quads for colors I might use on set, personal use, or to keep my blacks away from the rest of my colors just in case they flake away. Just don't get rid of the plastic protectors inside the quads, they're a lifesaver in keeping the powders off the rest.

melliquor

I am thinking of doing this as well. I only have two quads but it would be nice to add them to my palettes.

Does anybody else do this?

blindpassion

I definitely depot my pre made quads
I started after I got mad at my fafi quad for the sticker beginning to peel on it haha
and I just took the shadows out of it.
I like to have ALL my shadows in 15 pan palettes
smiles.gif

Fearnotsomuch

I depot my premade quads, which is much easier than depoting the individual shadows. I like arranging my quads by either color families or colors that have a similar tone.

Once you remove the shroud with a thin knife, just slip the knife under the shadows, wiggle a bit and they'll come off. If you don't break the shroud, or bend the quad, you can reuse it too.
yahoo.gif

Latest posts