Can I depot eyeshadows from Limited Edition Quads and How?

starangel2383

Re: Does anyone depot their premade quads?

ive done it before with about 4 of my quads. i dinged a few shadows, but that was okay with me, it was the shadows i rarely used.

melliquor

I depotted my Gentle Fumes quad today and plan on doing my Showflower one next weekend. I ran out of space in my palette.

panda0410

I just did my Smoking Eyes quad, finally....lol....and its great because I can reuse the now empty 4 pan if I dont want to cart the 15 about - I can just take the few that I need
smiles.gif

frostdoll

I collect quads but I only depot the shadows I already have so I can use them up more easily (gift, sell, etc.) .
I usually replace the eyeshadow with a shade from the same color family or if possible from the same collection.

Winthrop44

I have done it, but I guess it depends on why I bought the quad - some I buy strictly for travel. I find premade quads travel better than 4 pan ones with magnetic pans, so like to leave some as-is specifically for that purpose.

Meryl

I depot my pre-made quads because there is always one colour, maybe two, that I don't like and I want to get rid of it. I take the shadows I love and put them in my 15 pan palettes according to the colour spectrum.

MAC_Enthusiast

I depan. For labeling, I took a piece of paper, used my computer to make a 3x5 grid, then put the name and finish of the color in the same order as the pallet. Then I print it, cut it to fit under the inner corner, and tape it in place (two-sides tape between the paper and pallet cover).

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Enthusiast
I depan. For labeling, I took a piece of paper, used my computer to make a 3x5 grid, then put the name and finish of the color in the same order as the pallet. Then I print it, cut it to fit under the inner corner, and tape it in place (two-sides tape between the paper and pallet cover).

I do the same thing
thmbup.gif

BunnyBunnyBunny

I only did once to an extra Gentle Fumes Quad. I accidentally destroyed the Carbon, but I already have like 6 already so that was okay. Put the other 3 colors into a 15-pan palette and kept the original in the quad. I have like 13 Premade quads and I like to keep them in their original quad just as a collector's type of thing. =P

lindas1983

It depends on the quad for me, the ones I feel I wouldn't really use together I depot and put in my 15 pan palette as I feel i'd be more likely to use them with my other colours, and the quads I feel I would use as a whole I keep together such as my pandamonium and gentle fumes quads.

ladyiej

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taj
How do guys label the e/s once they are depotted to the pallette?

i write on with perm marker of put a label on the palette

Help Depotting Quad?!?!

ssad.gif
I just bought a MAC pallete but i have no clue on depotting my quad eyeshadow. Can someone please explain to me. I have seen a few video's on youtube but would like to know from the professionals.
winks.gif

ambicion6

you also get alot more space out of your 15 quads if you remove the circle dividers section. i fit 6 more eyeshadows that way and some other smaller non-mac square ones at the very very bottom.

sometimes a little powder will migrate elsewhere but i just blow it off and to somewhat solve the problem, i added a piece of thin bubble wrap to keep everything nice and tight, kinda how most people do with the 4 quads.

Vanilla_Mint

I depanned my Fafi quad and glued in the mirror and metal square from my e.l.f. quad. I just popped out the plastic insert and let alcohol dissolve the glue. Then put in the metal square, pop insert back in, viola! new, magnetic Fafi quad! Taking the mirror out was harder, took a lot more time and alcohol to soften the glue. It doesn't fully close but it's still perfect for travel.