Canadian Brands: Lise Watier, Quo,...

ansimi

Anyone try Bourjois? I'm thinking their eyeliner kohl pencils and "specially-shaped" french manicure nail polish brush look really nice .... tempting ...

Bourjois is generally a very good line but I haven't tried those products. Their chocolate bronzer is great and their baked/mineralized products are very smooth and pigmented with cute packaging. Nice glosses too. I do think the Canadian pricing might be a bit above its market but it's worth it if you see something you really like.

I'm intrigued by this french manicure brush you describe - I'll look for it.

EmWyllie

If you guys haven't yet, go check on the Lise Watier Bora Bora collection!! The Havana Baked Bronzer is to die for!! It's like a GIANT MSF! It's even bigger than the Wonder Woman MSFs

StarrySim

Shiseido/ NARS warehouse sale coming up!!! I went to the fall sale, it was awesome. I went on Sunday afternoon, and I still found enough to make me happy. Prices are great. $10 blushes/ eyeshadow duos, $12 multiples, $8 shiseido hydro powder e/s. NARS gift sets $20-35.

Sat May 14th 2011 9am to 5pm
Sun May 15th 2011 9am to 3pm

303 Allstate Parkway
Markham Ontario
L3R 5P9

Oh, and update on UD at SDM - they don't have it at the Eaton Centre or Yonge/Dundas locations.

katred

Specktra Bestie
It's when I see things like this that I miss living in Toronto...
cry.gif

I don't think that we ever get warehouse sales here in Montreal, although anyone can feel free to speak up and contradict me.

L3R 5P9

Oh, and update on UD at SDM - they don't have it at the Eaton Centre or Yonge/Dundas locations.

ansimi

I must report that the new Annabelle shadow pencils are fantastic quality. They're pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting - as good as any similar product I've seen from high-end brands. They don't have a lot of colours and I don't know if they're permanent but be sure to look for the display.

Annabelle has proved with their smoothliners and smudgeliners that they know something about pencils and these are way up there.

EmWyllie

I must report that the new Annabelle shadow pencils are fantastic quality. They're pigmented, blendable, and long-lasting - as good as any similar product I've seen from high-end brands. They don't have a lot of colours and I don't know if they're permanent but be sure to look for the display.

Annabelle has proved with their smoothliners and smudgeliners that they know something about pencils and these are way up there.

I've heard they're betting than the Aqua Creams from MUFE! I'm excited to find them!

StarrySim

Where are all of you gals, this thread is dead :(

I'm here to ask which downtown SDM's carry UD. Any in the PATH? I know the one on Queen West does, but that's too far out of my way. I'm thinking of redeeming optimum points for the new BOS maybe.

StarrySim

Oh, and does everyone know that all of Fusion Beauty is 75% off at Sephora? The selection was still pretty good at the Eaton Centre location when I went today.

WhatWouldJoanDo

the sdm in the path near union ie. immediately south of union in the path ...

Where are all of you gals, this thread is dead :(

I'm here to ask which downtown SDM's carry UD. Any in the PATH? I know the one on Queen West does, but that's too far out of my way. I'm thinking of redeeming optimum points for the new BOS maybe.

MsButterfly

I like Annabelle eyeshadows and the empty quads. I have a few eyeshadows.. Gleam, Vert to go and black in the normal pan form with lid. They have good pigment for a drugstore line, cheap and sometimes on sale at Shoppers.

I also like Lise Watier eye shine pencils. Peacock is my favorite color for summer.

Quo has great brushes. I often wait until they have the 40% sale.

Beauty Boutiques carrying the high end brands and collecting SDM points is an added bonus. Especially with the redemptions that come up. :)

StarrySim

Hmmm I thought I posted this last week, but I guess not... The Bay has the Dior holiday palette on sale for $58, down from $90. They're also having the beauty trade in, so you can get an extra $10 off if you take in a used skincare product. Smoking deal, I don't remember Dior going on sale before. I think this is at all locations because it's online too. I got mine at the downtown Toronto location, and they had tons left, middle of last week.

HOTasFCUK

So i was just at SDM tonight and was shocked to find a brand new, untouched display of Essence cosmetics! I've tried a bunch of their stuff that i get from cp's from people from Belguim and was so happy to finally see it in Canada! Everything was priced from $1.49 to $4.99. They have leyeliners (pencils, gel, liquid), mascaras, tons of different eyeshadows (mineral, cream, & powder), quads, & mini palettes, lipsticks, glosses, lipliners, nail polish, blush, bronzer, concealer, brushes.....what am i missing!? Highly recommend their cream shadows, glossy blackliner, get liner, stay with me lipgloss (mac cremesheen dupe), and eyeshadows.

SweetJoy

I feel like I've seen Essence at Rexall before but I could be mistaken. It's nice to see that Shopper's is diversifying, but that also means it'll be harder to walk out of there with just shampoo and deodorant
tong.gif

StarrySim

Which location was this at? A cremesheen glass dupe sounds wonderful :)

So i was just at SDM tonight and was shocked to find a brand new, untouched display of Essence cosmetics! I've tried a bunch of their stuff that i get from cp's from people from Belguim and was so happy to finally see it in Canada! Everything was priced from $1.49 to $4.99. They have leyeliners (pencils, gel, liquid), mascaras, tons of different eyeshadows (mineral, cream, & powder), quads, & mini palettes, lipsticks, glosses, lipliners, nail polish, blush, bronzer, concealer, brushes.....what am i missing!? Highly recommend their cream shadows, glossy blackliner, get liner, stay with me lipgloss (mac cremesheen dupe), and eyeshadows.

StarrySim

Hi Toronto girls! Just wondering if anyone knows of a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Brampton, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Woodbridge or Vaughan that carries Dior and Guerlain makeup. I don't work downtown anymore, and i can't find these in a SDM close by.

Edit July 2012 - The location in Sherway mall carries both Dior and Guerlain. If you know of another location in west GTA, please PM me, it would be much appreciated :)

baghdad81

Hi Toronto girls!  Just wondering if anyone knows of a Shoppers Drug Mart location in Brampton, Mississauga, Etobicoke, Woodbridge or Vaughan that carries Dior and Guerlain makeup.  I don't work downtown anymore, and i can't find these in a SDM close by.
There is one in Richmond hill/vaughan (Yonge and Elgin Mills). I also think the one in Yorkdale mall has both. SHOPPERS DRUG MART 3737 Major Mackenzie Drive Vaughan ON L4H 0A2 SHOPPERS DRUG MART 4000 Hwy #7 Woodbridge ON L4L 1A6 SHOPPERS DRUG MART 9200 Dufferin Street Vaughan ON L4K 0C6 SHOPPERS DRUG MART 2126 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W Mississauga ON L5L 3A2 SHOPPERS DRUG MART 25 The West Mall Etobicoke ON M9C 1B8 Just go to the SDM website, select store locator, enter city/address, and select the brands you want (All Brands)! http://www1.shoppersdrugmart.ca/en/Store-Locator.aspx?pc=missisauga&st=All&rpp=3&sf=SP-DIO%3ATRUE%3BSP-GRL%3ATRUE&sh=&sn=

StarrySim

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I've learned that the online store finder is not accurate. I've gone to stores before expecting certain brands, and they didn't have them. I think maybe they count the brand in even if all they carry are their perfumes. I guess the best thing to do is to call ahead.

monley

I love the Lise Watier, especially the Teint Mousse Matifant foundation. So good for oily skin.