cancer

jokers_kick

Over the passed few months I've been really sick and I've ached a lot. I've had an ongoing hoarsness in my voice and cold type thing that has not gone away at all, and I know it isn't allergies, I've been soooooo fatigued. Like I get enough sleep but I'm always exhausted. And I'm losing weight.

its not mono, I'm sure of that...I'm realllllly worried. I don't know how to go about anything. Both sides of my family have an overwhelming amount of cancer victems, and at a young age on my dads side. I am BEYOND scared...like to the point where my stomach does flip-flops. I've had it on my mind lately and I always cry whenever I think about it because I've already lost many family members and I don't want to be another.

I have no clue what to do.

Alexa

oh babe
ssad.gif
*hugs* have you gone to the doctor?

MACreation

aww
ssad.gif
I'm sorry you are ging thought that, you need to see a doc, and set your mind at ease. At least if it's bad, you can make it better XOXO smooches, hope you ger betteter

exodus

It's much easier said than done, but have yourself checked for it asap. If it's nothing, it'll set your mind at ease. If it is (knock on wood), then hopefully they catch it early and can get rid of it quickly. I hope it's nothing, I've been feeling fatigued and generally tired all the time, but then again I eat unhealthy things all the time and clearly not getting enough nutrients, so here's hoping it's the same thing for you!

Eye<3Colour

girl get your butt to the doctor!!! it could be something as simple as a nasty virus. just goto your urgent care place (not the ER at a hospital, but u could do that too) and tell them what you just told us!

lovejam

I think you should go to the doctor, tell them your symptoms, and your family's history of cancer. Say you want to be tested, so that cancer is ruled out. The sooner you get tested, the better off you'll be. Whatever it is, the sooner you know what it is, the sooner you can be treated and get better.

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
oh babe
ssad.gif
*hugs* have you gone to the doctor?

not yet...I've been kind of scared to but I guess I'm going to have to : /

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACreation
aww
ssad.gif
I'm sorry you are ging thought that, you need to see a doc, and set your mind at ease. At least if it's bad, you can make it better XOXO smooches, hope you ger betteter

Yeah I know, I'm so nervous about it. Thanks by the way, it helps to have peoples support :]

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus
It's much easier said than done, but have yourself checked for it asap. If it's nothing, it'll set your mind at ease. If it is (knock on wood), then hopefully they catch it early and can get rid of it quickly. I hope it's nothing, I've been feeling fatigued and generally tired all the time, but then again I eat unhealthy things all the time and clearly not getting enough nutrients, so here's hoping it's the same thing for you!

I'm hoping as well! haha maybe its all those hamburgers. Thanks for your help!

mspixieears

Oh hon, I completely understand your worry, but please go to the doctor as soon as you can. The sooner you know what you're up against, the sooner you can start fighting it. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye<3Colour
girl get your butt to the doctor!!! it could be something as simple as a nasty virus. just goto your urgent care place (not the ER at a hospital, but u could do that too) and tell them what you just told us!

okay thank you!!

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejam
I think you should go to the doctor, tell them your symptoms, and your family's history of cancer. Say you want to be tested, so that cancer is ruled out. The sooner you get tested, the better off you'll be. Whatever it is, the sooner you know what it is, the sooner you can be treated and get better.

I agree, I'm just so nervous about it. I will end up going though. thanks!

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspixieears
Oh hon, I completely understand your worry, but please go to the doctor as soon as you can. The sooner you know what you're up against, the sooner you can start fighting it. Hopefully it isn't anything too serious.

I'm planning on it, my nerves are seriously so high! Sooner the better I guess.

Juneplum

oh honey PLEASE get to the doctor ASAP! as scary as it is, early detection (if it is cancer) is KEY.. i'm here 4 u if u need me okay (((((((HUGS)))))))

aquarius11

Like everyone else is saying, it's best to see your doctor. Some of the symptoms you've described sound like it might be a thyroid problem. My cousin takes a medication called Synthroid (sp?) because she has some type of thyroid issue and it really helps her. Your symptoms sound like her symptoms, so try to get the doc to give you a thyroid test. It's simple, they just take your blood and test for it that way. I wish your worries about cancer would go away, and I could just imagine how fearful you are feeling since many of your family members have/had cancer. Please know we are here for you no matter what. Try taking some deep breaths, close your eyes and relax your mind. I do this when I get super stressed...by the way, I am a hypochondriac...I always think I have this or that disease, so I can relate very well about how your nerves are acting up. Try it out and see if it helps. I wish you good luck, and go see that doctor!!!

joytheobscure

Go to a Doctor- It could be many things besides cancer but god forbid if it was something like that not going will not be good. They can do a complete blood count and go from there. My Brother in law had a huge tumor in his stomach and was given a week to live and he is in remission after four months of intensive cancer treatment. So cancer treatment has improved greatly - but you don't even know what is causing your problems so find that out first. (((Hugs))) and hope you can get the courage to call the Doctor.

kimmy

definately go see the doctor.

i had the same symptoms you mentioned, but it turned out to be nothing more than a slightly underactive thyroid which i take a little white pill for every morning and it's all good now.

it's scary and nerve-racking to go because there's about a million things those symptoms could mean, especially being a young lady. but they're not all terrible things, you know? so here's to hoping it's nothing serious :]

jokers_kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarius11
Like everyone else is saying, it's best to see your doctor. Some of the symptoms you've described sound like it might be a thyroid problem. My cousin takes a medication called Synthroid (sp?) because she has some type of thyroid issue and it really helps her. Your symptoms sound like her symptoms, so try to get the doc to give you a thyroid test. It's simple, they just take your blood and test for it that way. I wish your worries about cancer would go away, and I could just imagine how fearful you are feeling since many of your family members have/had cancer. Please know we are here for you no matter what. Try taking some deep breaths, close your eyes and relax your mind. I do this when I get super stressed...by the way, I am a hypochondriac...I always think I have this or that disease, so I can relate very well about how your nerves are acting up. Try it out and see if it helps. I wish you good luck, and go see that doctor!!!

i hoooope its a thyroid issue! That would explain and clear up a lot. thanks for your advice!

KristineBelle15

hun, I know how you feel right now. even though my cancer wasn't a throat problem, it's better to see a doctor than not go at all. It is scary, but I'd be more scared not to be treated at all. But if you need anyone to talk to, looking at this thread, there are many many people who are there for you.