Challange: Scene Queens!

Cherrymint

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't believe I have seen anything like this in this section. Try your luck at "scene" makeup!

Examples:

orig-1675781.jpg

l_5a99fc2139204e2ba0768cff6fb3607a.jpg

64qdqf.jpg

dakota.jpg

Please excuse these weird pictures:

l_75d62e38431d1799643a5558c1154cc4.jpg

jeffree-star_300x300_crop_le.jpg

Jut let your imagination go wild and be creative!!!
Let's see what you guys come up with!!!
winkiss.gif

hunnybun

cool makeup, but i don't think i'm really understanding the look. can you describe it more? the photos make me think drag queens with colorful hair
th_dunno.gif
-- close or way off?

Cherrymint

lol.gif
I can see how you came to that conclusion since in the second picture the person to the right *w/black cat mask in the hair* is a guy and the last two pictures are a guy as well.

I did a little google search for the "scene makeup" look and this is what I got:
There is no specific "pattern" when it comes to scene makeup, but many scene kids keep eyes as the main focus, so never let the rest of your makeup overpower the eyes. Try to stick to sheer lipgloss or neutral lips, but you can always do a bold red, any shade of pink, or even an orange lip.
The most popular "look" is the heavy smokey eye look. You can do any bright neon/rainbow colors. You're not limited to any specific color choices when it comes to eye shadow/pigments or eyeliner. Wearing eyeliner is a must, whether you're male or female. Applying eyeliner all the way around the eye is optional, and winging it out on the sides for that cat eye effect is common for this look. Lines can be thin, or thick, depending on what you like best. Add some faux lashes for a more dramatic/glamorous/extreme look. Some scene kids not only wing out their eyeliner, but apply different artistic techniques, like drawn on eyelashes, dots, stars, hearts, leopard print pattern, or other shapes outside of the winged liner.

Dani-Gore-01.jpg

pink-bow--large-msg-12394330186.jpg

Hope this helps!

MaskedBeauty

That girls pink gloss looks hecka cool with her blue hair. haha. really stands out. I'll have to try this tomorrow.

MaskedBeauty

well this was harder than I thought!
th_confused_new.gif
and I couldn't get the look that I wanted because I don't own any false eyelashes (yet). But here it is anyway..
th_dunno.gif

Products used:

EYES:
MAC Shimmermoss e/s
MAC Stately Black e/s
Dior e/l in Black
Duwop Lash Venom Mascara in black

FACE:
Too Faced Face powder
Too Faced Blush
Too Faced bronzer
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder

LIPS:
Mary Kay l/s in Sheer Blush
Carmex Lip Balm
tong.gif

P.S. Please don't look at my hair.. It wasn't done today and looks like crap.
th_dunno.gif

Aremisia

oh yay! I love this look. Must do.
smiles.gif
Thx Cherry!
Masked beauty, I love yours! The pale lip ROCKS on you!

brokenxbeauty

I started this with the idea that it would turn out awfully and never be posted.
Though it's not as dramatic as I think it should be, I do like how it came out.
greengrin.gif

I used: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, MAC Vanilla e/s, MAC Passionate e/s, some Avon e/l, some drugstore lashes and glitter.
I didn't really put anything on my face, but I had a bit of powder and blush on from earlier today.

IMG_5907.jpg

IMG_5911.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

IMG_5934.jpg

ShortnSassy

damn i wish i still had my turquoise hair for this one! now it's black... oh well. i will def do this one soon because it's pretty close to how i wear my makeup on the daily!

ForgetRegret

I'm completely convinced I'm not meant to do this one...I did it last night, with LOTS of hiccups in the process, like not finding my eyeshadow, missing some of my brushes, my skin revolting against me, my camera breaking...*sigh* I took pics with my phone, but they look like such crap...I tried editing them a little in picture viewer, or whatever the heck I have here at work, just so I could try and get the colors to look like they did in person...and that was an epic fail. I quit.

Sushi~Flower

Scene Queen Challenge....My 1st attempt

Whoh, what a look.
shockt.gif

It was fun, Im not even sure if I came remotely close to what this is all about but for what it's worth, here is my colorful offering for the day
th_LMAO.gif

DSCF8244.jpg

DSCF8260.jpg

DSCF8284.jpg

DSCF8292.jpg

The Look:
Fix+
MAC Full Coverage NW 25
Sheer pressed Powder
bronzer

The Eyes:

Royal Hue s/s
Black Tied e/s
Carbon e/s
Gentle Fume Quad
Electric Eel e/s
Turquatic e/s
Clarity e/s
Red Cherry Lashes top & Bottom
Dazzle Lash mascara
Reflects Teal
Swarovski AB crytals

Lips:
Beelicious e/l
Blue Peep f/l
Aqua e/s
Snowgirl l/g

Stars on cheek:

Black track f/l
Aquadisiac e/s
Reflects Teal

Nails:
Turned up Turquoise (China Glaze)
Hot Orchid

Im going to go clean up my bathroom now......looks like Tinkerbell exploded in there!
winks.gif

Cherrymint

Re: Scene Queen Challenge....My 1st attempt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi~Flower
Im going to go clean up my bathroom now......looks like Tinkerbell exploded in there!
winks.gif

^^^
th_roll1.gif
^^^That was a good one!

I love your creativity in this look!nice!
heart2.gif

Sushi~Flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by stronqerx
I think I might actually try this one.
smiles.gif

It's actually really fun! Let your inner crayon box go wild
th_thstars.gif