Chanel Collection Reflets d'Été de Chanel - Summer 2014

Trigger

Yep, I have never been able to find a Chanel foundation light enough for me either. They don't bother with either end of the spectrum. Eh, I've never found a foundation of theirs with ingredients my skin could tolerate anyway.
What foundations can your skin tolerate ?

Trigger

Oh trust me, I know! I'm not a lipgloss person whatsoever, but to me that particular shade is totally worth the money. I just B2Med about $90 worth of MAC lipglasses, and I'm more irritated about the money wasted on those as opposed to the 1/3 of that total that I spent on this one color. Conversely, I'm not a foundation person whatsoever, so I have no interest in dropping any sort of major cash on that area of makeup. (Especially not when I just bought and tried what is my "HG" foundation can it be Holy Grail if it's the only one you have? - Revlon Nearly Naked in Cappuccino - for a killer $2.49!) Like they say, "One person's trash is another person's treasure." :heart:   Yep, totally sucks. I don't get brands that don't cater to deeper and very light skin tones. We exist, marketing execs -- we always have!
Girl for that price I'm in love. What would a Mac nc42 be revlon? I need to go to rite aid.

urbis

Yep, I have never been able to find a Chanel foundation light enough for me either. They don't bother with either end of the spectrum. Eh, I've never found a foundation of theirs with ingredients my skin could tolerate anyway.
I agree with you; chanel range is quite strange it never has the full spectrum of colours, not to mention the cc ... in europe only no 32 is avaiable

Haven

I was excited about the color mascara until I saw the word shimmer. Hopefully shimmer does not equal glitter.

Winthrop44

What foundations can your skin tolerate ?
Chantecaille Future Skin or Alima mineral makeup. Alima has a great range of shades. Can't say the same for Chante on the deeper end of the spectrum. And they only came out with a very light shade a few years ago. I wore a shade of FS that was too dark for me for years.

shadowaddict

I really liked Mat Lumiere in Porcelain. And then of course they did away with it and the next lightest color. I hear they're ditching Mat Lumiere and coming out with a new foundation for oily skin. It's Chanel so you never know.

Winthrop44

I have normal-dry skin, so that lets me out again. Ah well. It's fun to try new things, but luckily I'm very happy with my Future Skin.

dogwood

Summer already too soon for me

Not to be negative but I think the Glossimers are too expensive for what you get,you can find equally good glosses out there,
However love the foundations, and the longlasting lipstick that comes with the clear gloss, this lasts all day

ETA: can't beat Glossimers for the great colors

Winthrop44

Well, to me all MU is very YMMV and there's really no such thing as a "must have". The glossimers are worth it to me (besides the colors) because of the texture and the fact that they have no scent. I can't stand the scent of many glosses out there.

Trigger

Summer already  too soon for me Not to be negative but I think the Glossimers are too expensive for what you get,you can find equally good glosses out there, However love the foundations, and the longlasting lipstick that comes with the clear gloss, this lasts all day ETA:  can't beat Glossimers for the great colors
I hear you

Naughtyp

Can't wait to see pics of the polishes so I can decide if I need any of them :) those glosses are pretty too, I only ever had one chanel LG tho SIROP, which I somehow lost :( took me forever to find that perfect shade too. Tempted greatly by the middle two

jazz253

I look forward to seeing the new blushes and the Illusions. The jelly gloss looks too sheer to offer much color.

Debbs

I am loving the description of all three luminous eyeshadows. I recently got Diapason es and have been loving my few Chanel es too much to really use them up, lol. Eventually I think I may only get the bronze and copper ones. The lavender es may be more dupeable ( at least I hope) 2 out of 3 , not bad at all. Edited to add; I forgot I also got Amethyst es when I got Fauve for my friend during the Christmas holidays . So just the bronze and copper ones for sure now.

Pippilotta

I don't wear lip gloss, but I'm looking very much forward to the nail polishes. I know I want Eastern Light.

Miss QQ

Lisa Eldridge used New Moon IdO on Keira Knightley. We can see it in the 3rd and 4th pictures. http://www.lisaeldridge.com/blog/26192/keira-knightlys-red-carpet-make-up-get-the-look/

Bonitinha

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/blog/26192/keira-knightlys-red-carpet-make-up-get-the-look/
Oh my word, the makeup is gorgeous! That orange red lip is amazing on her (although I don't think I could pull it off). I love the New Moon IdO!

elegant-one

Oh my word, the makeup is gorgeous! That orange red lip is amazing on her (although I don't think I could pull it off). I love the New Moon IdO!
It really is isn't it. Yes, you could do that lip doll. You just have to get used to seeing yourself in it. I wear it all the time. So if I can, so can you
pretty.gif

elegant-one

I just used Incandescente ls (used on KK in that link) a light application of the new Dior blush Corail Bagatelle, highlighted the high cheekbone & up the outer eye with Nars Copacabana illuminator, & Mac Exposed eyeshade (a warm nude) & a thin black liquid eyeliner on my top lash line only
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
I am in LOVE with this combo. Its so pretty together.

Bonitinha

I just used Incandescente ls (used on KK in that link) a light application of the new Dior blush Corail Bagatelle, highlighted the high cheekbone & up the outer eye with Nars Copacabana illuminator, & Mac Exposed eyeshade (a warm nude) & a thin black liquid eyeliner on my top lash line only
thud.gif
eyelove.gif
I am in LOVE with this combo. Its so pretty together.
So maybe I will have to try out that lip! But you are so much more . . . foxy/stunning than I am -- and you can pull of anything!
heart.gif
(I love the word foxy, lol!)

User38

sounds gorgeousssssssssssssssssssss
eyelove.gif

I have indandescente and will try with the CB when it arrives hopefully tomorrow!

Latest posts