Chanel Eyeshadows

Monsy

So I received my Prelude today and it is really beautiful . The only thing that bothers me is that two out of 4 shades look used. I tried calling chanel cs but no one is ever picking up
huh2.gif

Dominique33

Cafe Makeup has swatched Chanel " Raffinement " and Tom Ford " Enchanted ", quite similar but still different. I do hope Chanel quads will soon be reformulated ( not enough pigments ), Prélude is one of the prettiest I think ( don't own it but many say it's really gorgeous ).

Shypo

Monsy, depending on where you ordered it from, they might just send you a new one....I would definitely call to complain. I had that issue with several products I ordered from Nordies, which had been shipped from their stores and not their warehouse. I lodged a major complaint about their process for returns - not that my complaint had anything to do with it, but I haven't had an issue since.

I began to wonder if the SAs were sending out used products so they'd still get credit for them - knowing that the return or correction of the error would be handled by Corporate. Some stores get so few items with each collection that I think they're desperate to make a sale at any cost. I don't have anything whatsoever to back this up, but it did cross my mind.......

Shypo

Yikes. Then they should definitely replace it - have you called them about it? I think in that regard their CS is pretty good. They're clueless when it comes to new products, but they're generally pretty helpful if there's an issue.

Bonitinha

Monsy -- Chanel.com will take back products, even if you tried them and didn't like it. Since it look used prior to you using it, I'm sure they will take it back. There is a packing label in with the box and you can list the reason for return. There is a label for free return shipping -- all you have to do is take it to your post office and they'll refund your $ as soon as they receive the package :)

Since I don't live close to any Chanel counters, I have to order everything online. I've done a few returns with no problem!

Bonitinha

Cafe Makeup has swatched Chanel " Raffinement " and Tom Ford " Enchanted ", quite similar but still different. I do hope Chanel quads will soon be reformulated ( not enough pigments ), Prélude is one of the prettiest I think ( don't own it but many say it's really gorgeous ).
I love Prelude -- I think Raffinement is right up there, too :) They are so blendable, which I love (some of my older Chanel quads seem to have a bit of a different texture).
Do you own Enchanted? I don't have any TF products. That quad tempted me, though ;)

Shypo

Prelude is one of the all-time best, that's for sure! Enchanted is just beautiful. I absolutely love it!! To me, worth every penny. No need for backups with TF quads
smiles.gif

Monsy

Yikes. Then they should definitely replace it - have you called them about it? I think in that regard their CS is pretty good. They're clueless when it comes to new products, but they're generally pretty helpful if there's an issue.
i called 10 times no one is picking up

Rads

i called 10 times no one is picking up
They aren't the best, but someone does answer the phone if you call during their "office hours" as listed on chanel.com. There is also the option of leaving a message if you hold on long enough..so you could try that too. You could just return it anyway - I don't think it's necessary to speak to some from customer service to return the product, is it?

I have never returned anything, but I have called and complained enough number of times about missing packages and lack of updates on orders, and they are a bit vague with information but very polite and do try to be helpful :p

Bonitinha

Cheryl -- that makes me want to try out that TF quad! I have barely made a dent in my Chanel quads even though I use them all the time :) But always room for more . . . haha

Shypo

It is gorgeous! Neicy said that Bergdorf Goodman (I assume in NYC) has 10 left - so if you want one you should hurry ;).

Haven

Prelude is one of the all-time best, that's for sure! Enchanted is just beautiful. I absolutely love it!! To me, worth every penny. No need for backups with TF quads
smiles.gif
I agree completely! It is one of my favorite quads.

Haven

Monsy, depending on where you ordered it from, they might just send you a new one....I would definitely call to complain. I had that issue with several products I ordered from Nordies, which had been shipped from their stores and not their warehouse. I lodged a major complaint about their process for returns - not that my complaint had anything to do with it, but I haven't had an issue since.

I began to wonder if the SAs were sending out used products so they'd still get credit for them - knowing that the return or correction of the error would be handled by Corporate. Some stores get so few items with each collection that I think they're desperate to make a sale at any cost. I don't have anything whatsoever to back this up, but it did cross my mind.......
I hadn't thought about this, but in today's economy this is a possibility. I ordered a quad (not Chanel) from NM, which was sent from a store, and the product had obviously been used. There was an overspray on the shadows that was not intact. NM gave me a hard time with this return. I had to be less than polite to get them to take it back.

Shypo

I hadn't thought about this, but in today's economy this is a possibility. I ordered a quad (not Chanel) from NM, which was sent from a store, and the product had obviously been used. There was an overspray on the shadows that was not intact. NM gave me a hard time with this return. I had to be less than polite to get them to take it back.
Oh wow! You expect more from a high-end store like Needless Markup!! You surely should not have to jump ugly to get satisfaction......someone had their heads firmly planted somewhere.

I had ordered a D&G duo from Saks last year that had clearly been used - I called them and they just sent me a replacement from the warehouse, I didn't even have to send the other one back.

When I had the problem with Nordies, I escalated to one of the 'supervisors' in the Beauty dept at Corporate - had a very long conversation with her, and gave her specific details of the used products I had received. I told her that whoever was going through the returns in their stores was obviously not looking at them before putting them back out on the floor. She was able to look up what stores I had received the products from in order to address the problem at the source.

I also usually make a stink about the time, effort and trouble that this causes (and how utterly gross it is) - not in the hopes of getting anything 'free' or any other consideration, but to let them know it's not just as simple as replacing a product.

Monsy

I worked for over three years in beauty related retail. Most of the products that were returned and used went back on the shelf. Especially the ones that you can't easily notice that have been used - lipglosses, primers, foundations etc... It's not employees fault always - company sets amount of damages you can have per week and that's it. They encourage selling used products.

Ikram

I tought reselling returned cometics regardless of whether used or not used by customer was illegal due to health reasons.

Winthrop44

That really disgusts me. It's one thing when it comes to blushes and eyeshadows, or even lipsticks, where you can tell so you can send them back as having received used product (though if a blush was sold out and it looked tested I might decided to wipe it off or spray it with alcohol and live with it), but when it comes to lipglosses where you often can't tell...well the thought of that REALLY grosses me out.
sick.gif